Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 5

Quiz Start: You woke to find that you were the first one away. You walked quietly out of the inn and, look over in the stable nearby to see a large dog like creature. You walk towards him,
"You must be Noishe." You pat his head and he licked your hand fondly. You smile, "Thanks for your help, yesterday." Noishe whined in response. You lean on the side of the stable, just waiting for everyone else to wake up. The first person to walk out of the inn was Raine.
"Aura." she asked,
"Yes?"
"Could I see your locket for a minute?"
"Alright." You take off your locket, and hand it to her. She examined the carving and materials closely, "Is it old?" you ask.
"There is no doubt. Look at this writing, it's worn..."
"Wow...I wonder...where I got it from..." Then Kratos strolled out of the in, "Maybe an heirloom...?"
"Do you have a relative named 'Aura'?"
"I don't remember..."
"I see I'm not the first one up..." he said calmly,
"Who do you think will be the last to up?" you ask
"Lloyd." Raine voted,
"Lloyd." agreed Kratos, leaning against the side of the stable, and folding his arms over his chest while he waited. After a few minutes Genis came out of the Inn.
"Hey. What are you talking about?"
"Who will be the last one to wake up." you explain.
"That's easy. Lloyd."
"That's what they said too!" you tell him. Raine still has your locket and was looking at it again.
"...Hmmm, what's this?" she murmured thoughtfully.
"What is it?" asked Kratos, looking over at her, his voice showing some interest.
"I...think there is a spell on this locket..." she said, examining your locket closely
"What does the spell do?" asked Genis.
"I think...it was designed to seal something inside this locket...."
"What...!?" you ask, surprised.
"Can you tell what it is sealing in?" asked Kratos. She looks at it for a while longer.
"Sorry...no...but when the locket is opened...whatever is in it will be released." Then Colette came out of the inn.
"I guess you're right. Lloyd is the last 1 up." you say,
"What were you guys talking about?" she asked curiously. Raine handed you back your locket, and told Colette what she had told you.

You all wait a few hours...then Lloyd finally comes out. Everyone except for you and Colette get those little squiggly balls that mean you are annoyed.
"Let's go." said Colette.
"Wait. Lloyd, I have something For you." said Raine, walking over to Lloyd and giving him the 'Monster List'. "Its data based on all the monsters we've faced."
"Cool. Thanks Raine." he says. Before you leave you and Colette buy some apple gels and Life Bottles, just in case.
"Ready." Colette announced, once you returned
"Then let's get going." suggested Kratos, and you all leave.
"Ok. According to what I've heard about Triet Ruins..." said Raine thinking. "The seal should be south of here."
"But how do we know which way is south?" asked Genis.
"I can tell." you look over at the direction the sun is rising in. "That way is east." you say, pointing toward the sun, "And that way is west." while pointing to the opposite side. "So now we are facing...."
"North." Colette finished for you. "Yes. So...as long as we keep the sun on our left, we should find the ruin." you say, while turning around.
"You seem to know how to travel." Kratos said as you all started walking
"Yeah. Before I moved to that house outside Iselia, I was...just a wanderer."

You're walking for a few hours, until...
"Look." said Kratos, pointing to something in the distance; a lumpy form of some sort. It was the first thing other than sand that you'd seen for hours.
"That must be the ruin." responded Colette.
"Good job Aura!" said Lloyd smacking you on the back, it was supposed to be a friendly gesture, but it almost knocked you over. "How did you know that?"
"It's common sense. You need to know how to tell directions to be able to travle." you respond.

Then you are all off again. Its only barley past noon when you get to the ruin.
"Man, I am sick of this dessert." said Lloyd.
"See? Your already worn out!" responded Genis. (Noishe came with you) Noishe backs up and whines,
"What's wrong Noishe?" asked Lloyd "
Be on your guard, there are enemies about!" Kratos warned. And, speak of the devil, your attacked by to monsters called 'Fire elements' But the battle goes by quickly.
"This is going to be a nuisance..." Kratos muttered.
"What is?" asked Genis.
"...Nothing. Lloyd, if you're going to protect the chosen you first need to learn how to defend yourself."
"How?" asks Lloyd. Then Kratos teaches you all new defensive moves. Lloyd learns 'Guardian', you learn 'Reflector', Colette learns 'Damage Guard', and I can't remember the moves everyone else learns.
"Okay. I don't really get it, but I feel stronger already!" said Lloyd happily.
"I think you're just imaging things...." responded Genis, shaking his head. Then you all walk up the stairs to were, a stone slab covered an entrance of some sort.