Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 51

QUIZ START: You sleep peacefully for the rest of the night, and wake up slowly when you hear the Professor's voice ask,
"Kratos, I need to change Auras bandages..."
"Alright." was his calm response. You hear the chair he had been sitting in slide a bit as he stood, you listened to his footsteps get farther away, then the door open and close. You slowly opened your eyes as the Professor walked over to your bedside.
"Oh, Aura. You're awake..." she sighed, a relieved smile on her lips, "Good... I was worried."
"Heh...Morning Professor." you greet. She took a seat the chair Kratos had been sitting in earlier, and pulled down the blankets so she could look at your back. She slowly removed your bandages, weary that your wound may have healed to the bandages thus causing them to stick painfully. And, in a few places, it had; you flinched, biting your lower lip whenever the bandages came to a stuck area. She would apologize, and then quickly tug the bandage off so as not to draw out your pain. After a few minutes, Raine finally finished unwrapping your back, and deposited the bandages into the trashcan.
"How is it?" you ask as she looked over your wound seriously. She was silent for a moment, as though deciding her answer,
"It's...It's much better than yesterday." she said, "However..."
"It's...still not healed?" you ask.
"I'm afraid so...Although you should be able to walk with very little pain by tomorrow." Raine assured. She made a salve out of herbs and began to apply it to your back. It didn't really hurt...until the salve would spread over an area that had been agitated by the bandages being removed. The salve burned and stung when it touched such an area; you clench a fist on the sheets,
"Ah..." you groan quietly, telling Raine this was painful.
"...I'm sorry Aura." she apologized softly, "I'll be done soon." Thankfully, the stinging and burning wouldn't last for long. And, on top of that, Raine was soon done. After which she wrapped your back again.

You sigh quietly once all of the burning and stinging had vanished; you rest your head on your pillow again, unclenching your fists. You breathe slowly to calm your heart which had sped whenever the salve burned,
"Alright...try sitting up." Raine asked. You winced slightly, remembering last night when it'd been nothing but pain; however, you did what she asked. Moving slowly, you pushed yourself up, then shifted carefully to a sitting position. An uncomfortable sensation tingled through your back, akin to the uncomfortable tingling left in ones arm after knocking their elbow on a table or wall.
The more you sat up the worse it got, but you were able to ignore it. By the time you were fully in a sitting position, the uncomfortable tingling had turned into pain, though not as intense as last night. Raine used a little healing magic on your back, soothing the pain a bit, and you thanked her for it. The Professor gave you back your shirt, which had been washed and cleaned, explaining that the others wanted to see you.

After pulling on your shirt, Raine walked to the door and said that the others could come in if they wanted. Genis, Sheena and Colette greeted you happily, glad to see you alright. Lloyd explained that the Adventurers who'd been attacking Clara came back after a few hours, and said that they'd lost her. Meaning that she was alive and alright.

With a full day to spend, Kratos and Lloyd later went out on the plateau for training. Sheena stayed to talk with you; and Colette, Genis, and Raine played cards using a deck that they had borrowed from Sophia.
At night, after bidding each other goodnight, you all went to sleep again, looking forward to leaving tomorrow to continue your journey.