Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 6

Quiz Start: You walked up the steps to the supposed entrance,
"Oh. Look at this slab covering the surface!" Raine exclaimed.
"This is a product of magitechnology, developed during the Kharlan war to defend against magic!" you personally take a small step away from Raine. And you, almost, were hiding behind Kratos who was standing next to you.
"Oooohhhhhh. Feel the smooth surface, its wondrous!"
"Is she always like this?" asked Kratos, as you took another step back. Then Raine stood up, and examined a stone, with a crest engraved in it.
"Is she?" asked Lloyd. Genis got a sweat drop
"And I tried so hard to keep it a secret to..." Genis sighed.
"Hm? This depression. It reads 'Oracle Stone'" said Raine, still looking at the stone "It's been enchanted with magic designed to identify the chosen. Colette, place your hand here, that should reveal the entrance."
"Alright" Colette went to the stone and placed her hand on the depression, and the door opened "Wow, I guess I really am the chosen!"
"Yeah, I think we all knew that already!" responded Genis. "Alright, now this is getting exciting!" said Lloyd
"I hope you'll be able to maintain that enthusiasm...." Kratos muttered, in a bit of a smart tone.

You all walk into a dungeon like place.
"Wow." you murmur, you're looking around as you walk forward. Then you stop dead. you get a flash back.
------ (flashback) You see a young blonde kid, and a large summon spirit. *I know that kid..* you recognizes the summon spirit as Efreet. You can tell the boy is making a pact. But then you're no longer in the room with the altar. It's like your zooming through the dungeon, everything was flying by, but you could see the path that you had to take. Then it stopped in front of an unlit torch. Suddenly it burst into flame, the dungeon around you was shaking, and a pillar rose from under the lava *?* you wonder *So...some things in this place are connected to these torches...* ------

Then you hear someone saying from nearby, not within what you were thinking,
"Aura? Aura are you alright?" you can tell it was Lloyd's voice. And with a start you wake up, seeing your friends standing around you. You blink and shake your head a little. "You ok?" he asked again.
"Y-yeah...but I think...I think I've been here before."
"What?" asked Kratos, "This place has been sealed in preparation for the day the Chosen would come...how would you have gotten inside?"
"I don't know." you respond weakly, "I...saw someone making a pact with Efreet. And...I saw the way through this temple" Everyone stared at you curiously, "I don't know either." you shrug your shoulders. You all go into the interior part of the dungeon, and see a lot of pathways, and some unlit torches. You walk up to the torch, you hold your ring forward, and will it to shoot fire. The torch lights, and the dungeon starts shaking, 1 of the lower platforms raises.
"Wow!"
"It is said that there used to be a city that was destroyed by Efreet's hellfire. This place is probably connected with Efreet." Raine commented.
"We should light any torches we come across."
"Good idea." So you all continue lighting the torches, raising more platforms, till finally you all get to a small teleporter.

"I think this will take us to the top floor." you say.
"Yes, are we ready?" asked Kratos.
"Yeah. We're ready" answered Colette. You all walk into the portal. You walk up to a slightly raised round platform. You all head towards the platform, while Raine is looking around the room.
"This place is also built with magitechnology, absolutely FANTASTIC!" When you all reach the platform, small balls of glowing red light start to come out of bottom of the platform,
"Ah...what the?!" exclaimed Genis. Then you are in a boss battle against a huge loin thing. Midway through the battle everyone is extremely exhausted. You chant a spell, then call,
"Nurse." you look to the professor, "Raine, you keep using first aid, that ought to help a lot." you say, while attacking the monster.
"Alright." she agreed,

You all finally finish the battle; you all were left pretty tired. When the battle is done Remial comes once again.
"You have done well, Chosen of Regeneration. Accept this blessing of Cruxis." Light surrounds Colette, and she gets pretty pink wings. You all look surprised, except for Kratos *She has wings now too!?* you think surprised "The next seal lies far to the east, across the sea, unlock the seal. This transformation will not be without pain, yet, it is for 1 night, be strong and endure."
"I humbly accept this task" says Colette Then Remial leaves.
"Colette...has wings!" says Genis, sort of happy.
"Yup, and I can put them away too, see?" says Colette, then her wings disappear.
"Cool!" says Genis.
"Look, look!" she said again, and her wings pop in and out continuously, both her and Genis are having fun. While you, Lloyd, Raine, and Kratos are talking.
"Remial said the next seal is across the ocean, that means we get to sail on a ship!" said Lloyd happily. You are looking at Colette, deep in thought. *Her wings are like the 1s I have. Does that mean I AM an angel already?* You don't hear Lloyd and Raine still talking. Kratos was watching you *I wonder how long it will be before she figures out...what she truly is...* Then Lloyd turned to Colette and Genis, saying
"Alright you two, we get it, that's enough!" Colette was still pulling her wings in and out. She pulls them in and stops, then her and Genis say at the same time.
"Okay." Then you all leave the ruin.

You walk outside, then down the steps in front of the ruin, when Colette suddenly fell to her knees. Her face was tightened into a wince, and all color flushed from her face.
"Colette are you alright?" asked Genis, worriedly "...It's my fault, I kept making her pull her wings in and out so much...."
"We need to hurry. Her lips are turning purple, we need to get her to town." Raine suggested. From where you were on the steps, you could see her face was almost as white as her shirt, and her lips were an unhealthy purplish.
"No, it's best not to move her." Kratos told them calmly.
"...H-he's right. Remial said the 'transformation would not be without pain, but it's just for one night'." you agree worriedly. "Let's hurry up and make camp so Colette can rest."
"Good idea." Lloyd agreed.

Later that night, Lloyd, Colette, Raine and Genis were all asleep. *I lost her once, I'm not letting that happen again...* is the only thing the Mercenary thought as he watched you. He was leaning comfortably against Noishe, who had suddenly reappeared earlier. You were laying down, resting your head on your folded arms as you stared fondly up at the stars. *...'Kratos...'* the Mercenary heard Aura's voice in his head, from when she had spoken to him a while ago. It was the stars... Kratos never used to see very much in them, until Aura helped... *'Do you see Polaris, Kratos?'
'...Polaris...? What is that...?'
'The North Star!'
Kratos had looked up, at the sky. But all he saw was a blanket of black with a bunch of white specks,
'...All I see are a bunch of white dots...' he responded simply, hoping that would be the end of it. But Aura kept at it,
'Come on...! You aren't even trying...!' at that point Kratos sighed, before turning back to the sky. Aura had pointed up 'There. Do you see it?'
'...No.'
'That one...! See? The Brightest one there.'
'...oh...Yes. I see it now...'
'Finally! Your actually playing along...!'
'...'
* he had been so dense then, until Aura helped him open his eyes. Now he enjoyed looking at the stars, trying to find the constellations again and again..... He looked back to you; the moon shining on your silver eyes made them look like they were glowing.
"...You should go to sleep. We have a long walk back to Triet tomorrow." Kratos voiced from where he was sitting, you look at him, and your expression softened,
" Heh...I guess...that means you should go to sleep to." you tell him. Then you close your eyes and fall asleep, Kratos waited a little while, then he, to, went to sleep. You wake up first again. You go and sit on the sea shore, watching the sunrise.

"Hahaha, I'm guessing you are the one our Lord was talking about." you turn and see a group of Desians. Waiting for you.
"What do you want?" you ask,
"We want you to come with us."
"...I think not." you respond, then draw your sword and turn it into a staff.

Back with the group, Noishe heard the Desians and he started shaking, waking Kratos up,
"What's wrong?" Noishe ran to where you were. Kratos followed and saw you starting to fight Desians. He came in and helped you out, soon they all run away.
"Thanks for the help." you say to him, withdrawing your mana, and turning your staff into a sword again.
"Of course." he responded simply. You walk back and sit down on the shore line again, just out of reach of the rising and falling waves. Kratos sat next to you, silently. You both sat in silence for a little while, then he asked, "...What did those Desians want?"
"Before they attacked me 1 of them said 'I'm guessing you are the one our Lord was talking about' But I don't know who 'their Lord' is." Kratos barely managed to keep the shock he felt out of his expression "Forcystus also said...something about giving me to his lord..." *H-how? How could he already know that she's back?* he wondered, turning his gaze back to the sea. After about another minute, you both go back to the campsite. After everyone else woke up, you all head back to Triet.
"Oh yeah, Aura. Can I see your locket?" asked Lloyd.
"Sure." As your walking he inspected the keyholes in your locket,
"Hm....think I'll be able to make the keys, but its gonna take me one night at least."