‹ Prequel: Traitors
Sequel: Defector
Status: Rewritten and Complete

Renegade

Video

The riots made her laugh like a perfectly timed joke. Traveling to the different divisions seemed pointless, but nonetheless she still went every month to see what was happening. She knew, however, what was happening. She had spies everywhere. She knew what was going on everywhere, except her own backyard apparently.

She marched to her own rhythm enjoying the sound of her heels pounding into the echoing lobby. Her two bodyguards shifted aside for her to take the lead. She raised her eyebrow already sensing things are not how she left them. The shriveling guard whom she barely remembered shivered behind the front desk. She rolled her eyes since this didn't seem out of the ordinary, but once he started to speak, she knew something was wrong.

"Miss," he quivered, "th-th-there's b-been an in-incident." She folded her arms across her chest.

"What are you talking about?" You could in her voice how annoyed she was.

"Sh-she s-s-said it's all on th-the v-v-v-video." He was scared out of his mind and that was apparent when his hand shook with the a disc clutched in it.

She rolled her eyes snatching it in a quick motion. She shoved the disc in the player behind the front desk.

"Hey Casandra. Missed you! I hope you had a great time on your trip. I know I enjoyed you not being here. So just a couple of things I wanna go over with you. I attacked all of your guards on duty, somehow found myself in your server room where I gave your computer a little virus which, by now, has wiped out everything you had, and set everybody free. I have one last thing I need to do though and I think you'll really enjoy this."

The red head pulled out her best bourbon which she had stashed away in her desk drawer and started to dump it around the room. The red head flashed the lighter which she kept in a box of the red head's belongings to the camera.

"You shouldn't have fucked with a pyromaniac, Casandra. Because we like to play dirty." She flicked her lighter on. "Oh! And if you ever lay your filthy hands on anyone again, especially Logan, I will have no problem putting a bullet in your brain. Game on, bitch."

The red head quipped slowly lowering the flame to her desk igniting it into a suitable flame. She gave a kiss to the camera before the video stopped.

She balled her hands into fists driving her long acrylic nail into her palms. She reached back swiping the firearm from her bodyguard and in a swift motion swung her arm around to the shuddering guard and pulled the trigger. The annoyance dropped to the ground with the bullet directly between his eyes.

She stormed to the elevator rapidly pushing every button hoping it will make the elevator move faster. She was lowered to the basement where she just watched the red head set ablaze already smelling the essence of a fire. The elevator door stuttered open as she glanced at the horror. Every door opened, emptied, and charred. She cautiously strutted down the hallway careful not to inhale the aroma of the burnt body on her right.

She entered the room at the end of the hall where she did most of her "dirty" work. Tears formed in her eyes as she scanned the room. Nothing valuable survived and she knew this. The red head destroyed everything in and on her desk. She witnessed it.

The red head took the only thing she loved and she would pay. If it's a war she wants, it's a war she'll get.

Game on, indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is why Phoenix is amazing!

I was hoping I'd be finished with the whole thing by the new year which could still happen because the last chapter is next, but since it's rather long and has a great deal of things happening I'm not sure if I'll have it put together by tomorrow.