Warrior

They're Here

I rushed to the hallway that led to the rooms further down. I looked back as Frodo tore the ring from his finger and materialized back into our world. I knew the Eye had seen him because the moment he disappeared I have felt on edge. Not to mention the dark lords horsemen would be headed this way as we stood here. We needed to go. And fast.

Striders hand shot out and snatched the little Hobbit up in a haste. He began to drag him, struggling and all, towards me. I rushed down the hall but a loud bang made me spin around. Strider had slammed the Hobbit against the wall. I frown. If he wasn’t careful he could hurt him without meaning to. I could see on Striders face he was furious and Frodo was terrified.

Good.

“You draw far too much attention to yourself...Mr. Underhill.”

“Strider! Now is not the time!” Already I was waiting for those beasts to come through those gates, killing anyone and everyone. Strider barely glanced my way before pulling Frodo away from the wall and pushing him past me and into the room.

“What do you want?” Frodo asked trying to sound brave but his unsteady voice gave him away.

“A little more caution from you...that is no trinket you carry.” I said eyeing him wondering where he had it stashed it now. I was getting antsy and Strider was beginning to notice.

“I carry nothing.” Was his only statement. I blinked at his nerve to even consider lying even after we both saw what happened. He was either stupid or trying to pretend like nothing ever happened.

Aragorn looked like he was getting a bit angry at how slowly this conversation was going. I had a feeling he knew what was coming as well. “Indeed? I can usually avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely-.”

“Well, that is a rare gift. A rare gift indeed little one.” I finished for him.

“Who are you?” He asked eyeing us. He knew Aragorn was obviously a human but he couldn’t really see past my hooded cloak to see what I was. I could tell he knew I was different though.

I took a step toward him and lifted the cloak from my face letting the candle light graze my delicate but sharp and smooth features. My Elven features were beyond obvious but I was short for an Elf and my light green eyes threw him off. Elves had the same eye color as any human or dwarf but Elven colors were always more striking and vivid. Mine were a pale green with a bit of gold here and there. Other than that they were plain and in my opinion rather boring. “Are you frightened?”

“Yes.”

“Not nearly frightened enough. We know what hunts you.” Frodo jumps at the sound of a noise in the corridor. Strider deftly draws his sword but I don’t move. I knew they would have noticed their friend gone but I was surprised it took them this long. Frodo needs to reevaluate his friendship with these other Hobbits. The door bursts open and Sam, Merry and Pippin appear in the doorway. Sam is squaring off with his fists, Merry brandishes a candlestick, and Pippin a chair. I put my hand in front of my mouth to keep from laughing.

“Let him go or I'll have you, Longshanks!” Sam yelled out angrily as Aragorn sheathed his sword, a slight smile playing on his lips as well.

“You have a stout heart, little Hobbit, but that alone won't save you. You can no longer wait for the Wizard, Frodo. They're coming.” Strider said simply. The fear that dawned on their face was enough to make me hurt for them slightly. They looked so defenseless and lost, it was a wonder they made it this far out of the Shire.

“That’s enough talk for the night. Strider, these stout hearted young Hobbits need to rest.” I said simply looking at what was supposed to be our beds. I looked to the Hobbits. “Rest up. You are going to need your strength.”

“How do we know if we can trust you?” Sam asked suspiciously and I smiled. His eye seemed to daze up a bit as I walked towards him.

“Because if I wanted to kill you, I would have already.” I remarked before walking away towards the window for first watch.

No one said a word for a moment before there was sounds of shuffling around and sheets being moved around. The candle light was blown out behind me and the room went dark. Every little movement in the room didn’t escape my ears and every little that moved outside the window had my eyes following it. I was suddenly presented with the feeling that I was meant to help out these Hobbits get to safety and do whatever it was I had to do to make sure that ring never made it back to the Dark Lord. I blinked suddenly feeling a chill. If the Wraiths were after this boy for the ring, then that would mean that he was really back. There had been whispers among the villages in the south of Middle Earth but this only made it seem more really.

There was movement in the corner of my eye and I smiled slightly. “Can’t sleep?”

“No. I feel as if we should leave. I have this, I don’t know how to explain it.” Aragorn said trying to find the right words to describe what was causing him turmoil.

“It’s fear Strider. Death is knocking at our door.” I whispered as I looked back out to the entrance of the Inn. There was a soft knocking noise in the distance and I perked up. Aragorn quickly put his hand on the hilt of his sword but I placed my hand on his stopping him. Aragorn was far from fearing death but the Ringwraiths brought such an impending feeling of doom that anyone would feel it’s effects. I listened but I merely heard the sounds of the pounding rain that was still going on outside. I was sure I had heard something though. And then I saw it.

“They’re here.” My green eyes met his grey ones.

We both went quiet and jut listened to all around us. We had taken them to our rooms but never let anyone know that they wouldn’t be in that room. I just hoped the Wraiths wouldn’t get mad enough after finding out they weren’t in there and start slaughtering everyone. Merry snored softly behind us as the minutes seemed to tick away slowly. Pippin stirred slightly, then settles back to sleep. There was brief moment of complete silence before the sound of thrashing and stabbing swords through mattresses reached our ears. We looked at each other grimly continuing to listen. The night went still once more.

The shriek that filled my ears next made me flinch and I had to refrain from covering my ears. Aragorn watched me with a small amount of concern before Sam sitting up in bed suddenly startled me. Frodo quietly walked up to us and looked out the window with us. He was peering out nervously as furious Ringwraith screeches echoed
across the courtyard from the Hobbits room. Sam, Merry, and Pippin had been sleeping on Strider's bed before they all sat up looking around fearful.

“What are they?” Frodo asked looking at me as I glanced at him grimly before answering.

“They were once men.” Strider glanced quickly at Frodo, then looked away. “Great Kings of men. Then Sauron the deceiver gave to them Nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed they took them without question, one by one falling into darkness and now they are slaves to his will.”

Strider looked from the window as the Ringwraiths galloped down the Bree Streets. Strider turned back to the Hobbits, his face lit faintly by the Glowing Embers of the
Fire. “They are the Nazgul, Ringwraiths, neither living or dead. At all times they feel the presence of the ring...drawn to the power of the one…they will never stop hunting you.”

Frodo gulped and I looked away. Aragorn followed my gaze out the window and nodded understanding. I could see the beginning of dawn though it was still pitch black out. We needed to move at first light.

We quickly fed them and got them all packed. Aragorn and I moved quick and efficiently like we’ve done all this before, which oddly we have. We’ve made plenty of enemies in our lives and doing what we had to do and then leaving briskly was all part of it.

Soon we were already in the woods and moving on our way. Aragorn and I had already discussed going to Rivendell to leave the ring with Elrond. Moving through the gloomy overgrown forest with four Hobbits was taking longer than we would have liked. Sam followed at the end leading "Bill", a scrawny pony, who is laden with supplies.

“Where are you taking us?” Frodo asked panting from trying to keep up. My sword swung next to me as I kept walking and jumping over fallen trees. I kept my ears open for any and all sounds so Aragorn had to answer for me.

“Into the wild.” I smirked at his short response. Frodo watched us uneasily as Strider moved off into the cover of the trees with me.

I motioned for him to pause. He looked confused and ready to fight. I shook my head and put a finger to my lips to tell him to stay quiet. Now I waited.

“How do, we know this Strider is a friend of Gandalf?” Merry asked slightly annoyed. I looked at Aragorn. He was shaking his head at me. I giggled softly. I had a habit of seeing what people said about me when they thought I was out of ear shot.

“We have no choice but to trust him.” Frodo replied.

“But where is he leading us?” Sam asked joining in. When they caught up they went quiet.

“To Rivendell, Master Gamgee...to the house of Elrond.” Aragorn said with a smile and watched his eyes light up. What was his fascination with elves?

“Did you hear that, Bill? Rivendell! We're going to see the Elves!” I huffed. What was I then? A rock?

Strider laughed at me before turning around and continuing to lead the Hobbits through the gloom of the forest. It was already almost mid-day and we hadn’t gotten very far.

And we had a LONG ways to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!! Sorry it took so long. I lost inspiration for a moment and started other stories but I'm back!!