Sequel: Black Roses
Status: On-going

White Roses

Introduction

The Advanced Eugenics Regulations, A.E.R., was probably the longest and the most secretive organization in the history of United States. Their sole purpose was to create the perfect soldier. I know... you're probably thinking of Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America. But it wasn't like that at all. It was much worse. The American government poured millions and millions of dollars into reprogenetics, transhumanism, and human genetic engineering. The A.E.R. was genetically engineering by splicing DNA, mixing together hereditary traits and conducting gene therapies on their embryos.

Thousands of test cases didn't panned out. Some embryos were destroyed. Some embryos were so mutated that it never lived. Some embryos grew up to be freaks with physical disorders. Some of them were born mentally insane. Some embryos were just
not good enough to be a perfect killing machine. They tried for almost seventy-five years since before WW1 to successfully engineer a perfect killing machine.

The Halloween of 1990 was a huge breakthrough for the A.E.R. A young doctor, William Davis, whose parents had spent most of their lives on this very same project, had successfully developed two embryos with the perfect DNA genome. These two little embryos were immediately implanted into a surrogate's womb. But the A.E.R. were not going to get their hopes up. Embryos were fickle things. But to their delight... these little masses of cells had turned into human lives. One boy. One girl. Even after all the tests they ran on these little lives... there weren't any genetic mutations or any deformities that they could see.

Once the second trimester happened, the A.E.R. were becoming hopeful. These little lives were strong and growing appropriately. They began to imagine an extraordinary boy. The best solider that the world would've ever seen. They imagined a boy that would surpass all the finest Navy Seals. None of them ever paid any attention to the little girl growing beside him in the womb. She was going to be an experiment. Potentially a mate for their next generations of super soldiers.

On August 2nd, 1990... the day that Iraq invaded Kuwait, the surrogate had finally gone into labor. It was a long and painful labor that ultimately took the surrogate's life. None of the ground-breaking new technologies that the late 20th century had brought were able to save the surrogate or prepare anybody for these two formidable babies. The boy came first... exactly 24 minutes after the water broke. He came fast into the world with a loud cry. The girl, on the other hand... fought as hell before leaving the womb. She came into the world forcibly by caesarean section and was even louder than her brother.

Her brother was already taken away to be introduced to the A.E.R. The girl was left alone with Dr. Hughes who pulled her away from the womb as the rest of the doctors rushed to the surrogate who was bleeding to her death. Dr. Hughes was a religious man. He had to be after all the horrors he had seen in this little building that the A.E.R. resided in. He peered at the little girl who was supposedly be one of the two perfect killing machines. He saw no physical deformities. He saw no such things that would brand her as a devil's child. This little girl looked so innocent. A few wisps of red curls sprouted from her head.

Dr. Hughes took a deep breath, watching the little girl crack her eyes open. She immediately squinted against the harsh glare of the hospital lights but didn't fuss. Finally the little girl bravely opened her eyes wide. She stared right into Dr. Hughes' eyes with such intensity and the doctor was taken back. Her eyes... were two different colors. One so blue like a topaz and another so green like freshly cut grass. This was her brand as a genetically engineered child. Dr. Hughes believed that god would've never allowed a truly perfect human being to be born. But god... she was the most beautiful infant he ever had the privilege to hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is mainly background intro... :-) please comment and lemme know what you think!