Status: Completed

As Planned

Reschedule

I spent the rest of the day at Han`s garage and Neela took me home around seven since I was in no shape to go to the races or the after party next to the garage. Saturday morning was spent in the hospital being poked and prodded until noon when I finally got to eat. After lunch I met with my new doctor and got poked and prodded once again. I swear my arms are going to be nothing but bruises with all the needles Iv`e been stuck with. Not to mention the bruise that took up most of my hand from being stuck with an IV.

By six I was told I could start my new treatment in the morning and I would be held for observation tonight and tomorrow. And if everything goes well I`ll be back in school by tuesday. Oh joy.

"Up for visitors?"

I looked to the doorway and grinned when I saw Neela. "Of course. Come in."

She grinned and walked into the room. But she wasn`t alone. Twinki and surprisingly Morimoto walked in behind her. I wonder if they told him everything yet or if they just told him I was in the hospital.

"Where`s your mom?" Morimoto asked.

"Home," I answered in English. "Finally talked her into leaving an hour ago. There`s no reason for her to be here when nothing`s going on until tomorrow."

"We told him," Neela murmured. "There`s no reason to hide anything now."

I nodded slowly. He must of come with them to cancel our little date. "Everything went good today. I start new treatments tomorrow."

"Uh, Amelia? Are bruises some form of a side affect from something?" Twinkie asked as he eyed my arms.

I let out a laugh and shook my head. "No. But it does happen when your stuck with needles all day."

Morimoto suddenly cleared his throat while staring at the floor. "So um...about our date."

"You want to cancel, don`t you?"

"No! No...um. I want to reschedule."

"Eh?" I raised an eyebrow, unsure I heard him right. "Can you repeat that?"

He laughed. "I want to reschedule."

I frowned and bit at my lip. "You sure you still want to go out with me?"

"Why wouldn`t I?" Morimoto asked. "You seem to think you`re only going to have one more boyfriend so why not be the best one ever?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course that`s it." This kid is far too arrogant sometimes, I swear.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?"

"Recovering from all the new meds they`re going to pump into my system."

"Monday night?"

"Going home if everything goes well."

Morimoto nodded, "Then how about monday? If you`re sent home then why not go out to celebrate?"

"And if I don`t get sent home?" I questioned.

"We try a different day," He replied with a shrug.

I gave an over dramatic sigh and glanced at Twinkie and Neela. "What do you two think?"

"If you`re feeling up to it then I don`t see why not," Neela answered.

Twinkie nodded, "One date won`t hurt."

"Alright," I murmured. "Morimoto, you`ve got yourself a date."

"Hey, Amelia?" Twinkie asked. "Do you know if you can bring card games here?"

I raised an eyebrow at the question but shrugged. "I have no idea. Why do you ask?"

"Just something Han wanted to know."

Morimoto said something in Japanese that I didn`t catch but by the look on Neela`s face she did and she looked rather surprised. Perhaps he cussed or something. Though I wonder why he would feel the need to. I doubt it has anything to do with Han. Right? Oh jeez. I`m going to have to email Emily about this so I don`t put Neela between anyone if something goes wrong.

"When can you go back to school?" Neela asked.

"More importantly, when can you come back to the races?" Twinkie questioned with a grin.

I let out a laugh and playfully rolled my eyes. "If everything goes well I can go back to school on tuesday. As for the races...I`m not really sure. I guess it just depends on how I feel with this new treatment."

Morimoto grinned at me, "We have our date first though, right?"

I nodded, "Of course."

Twinkie shot us both a disgusted look. "Oh hell no. Don`t you two start getting mushy on me. I don`t wanna be around that shit."

I snorted, "Oh how I wish I could be there to tease you when you finally get a girlfriend."

"What do you mean?" Neela asked, alarmed. "Don`t start talking like you won`t be here much longer. This treatment will work. Won`t it?"

"Neela, honey." I bit at my lip and gently took her hand. "I talk this way so I don`t get my hopes up. Do you have any idea how many treatment`s I haven`t responded to at all? Dozens. You can`t get your hopes up for me, honey. If I don`t make it, it`ll only make it harder on you."

She frowned and nodded slowly. "But you have to promise me something, okay? You have to hold on as long as you can. Please, Amelia? Please?"

"I really can`t promise that," I sighed. "But, I`ll do my best. I can`t promise anything but I`ll still try."

"None of us wanna lose you," Twinkie murmured.

"Guys," I whined as tears pricked my eyes and I did my best to wipe them away. "You`re gonna make me cry."

"Don`t cry," Morimoto whined back. "You`ll make us cry."

I laughed and wiped at my eyes. Maybe I did make some good friend`s here in Tokyo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to start updating this twice a week to catch up with what I have posted on my Fanfiction account so when I finally finish this story the last chapter will be posted the same day on both accounts. Or at least that`s what I`m hoping to accomplish.