Status: Completed

As Planned

Shopping

I bit at my lip, trying to keep myself from peeling off the skin with my teeth as to not ruin my lipstick. She`d be pissed if I did that. All I wanted to do was distract myself from looking in the mirror. Neela came over this morning and convinced me to come shopping with her. After I told her about my disaster of a date with Morimoto she decided I needed retail therapy. Truth be told, I wasn`t exactly sold on the idea of a shopping trip. Or in the mood for it either. But I needed to distract myself from my phone. Morimoto hasn`t stopped texting me and as determined as I was not to text him back, my resolve was breaking due to my growing annoyance and anger. I just wanted him to leave me alone!

"Well, how does it look?"

I winced and looked at the door. "I don`t know. I haven`t looked yet."

"Oh," Neela huffed. "Open the door, Amelia."

I stared at the door for a second before unlocking it and slowly easing it open. Knowing Neela, if I didn`t open it she`d go get a store employee to do it for her.

"You look so good," Neela cooed while dragging me out of the fitting room so she could circle me to get a better look. "The dress really compliments you."

"It does?" I whispered.

She nodded enthusiastically, "It does. Go look."

I slowly made my way back into the fitting room. When I finally looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised. Once again, Neela was right. It did look good. I was worried it would look too tight but it didn`t. The dark red silk fabric was overlaid with black lace and ended at my knees. The bottom poofed out just enough that it would flare up if you twirled. It hugged my chest and sides just enough to create an illusion of an hourglass figure. But even with that it still managed to not look too tight.

I walked back out of the fitting room and did a little twirl. I felt more confident in it now. "You really like it?"

"Oh yeah. It`ll make Morimoto drool," Neela said before a smirk took up her features and her tone became teasing, "Or would you rather that be Han?"

"Neela!" I squealed in disbelief and lightly smacked her arm, making her laugh.

"You really should stop denying it."

"There is nothing to deny!"

"Then why are you blushing?"

I squeaked and marched back into the fitting room and shut and locked the door. I did my best to ignore Neela`s laughter. I quickly changed out of the dress and back into my shirt and jeans. I let out a huff and pressed my face into my hands. I was so warm. I snuck a peek at the mirror and immediately noticed the redness of my cheeks. I really was blushing. After I was positive I was no longer blushing I finally left the fitting room, dress in hand. And as soon as I exited the little room I came face to face with a smirking Neela.

"So are you getting the dress?" She asked.

I nodded, "I have just enough for it."

"Good. Because if you didn`t I would of bought it for you," She chuckled. "Do you have any shoes to go with it?"

"I think so," I murmured, trying to think of all the shoes in my closet. "I should have some flats that will go with it."

"Are you sure?" She teased.

"Yes," I chuckled. "Why? Did you want to go shoe shopping too?"

"Maybe. But I don`t need to."

"How about lunch instead?"

"Lunch sounds good."

After purchasing my dress we made our way to the food court where we got some ramen. Unfortunately with Han still on my mind, the ramen made me think of him and I started blushing again. And of course that made Neela tease me. I think she takes far too much joy in that. I swear she does it ever chance she gets. After we finished eating Neela once again convinced me to do something. This time it was going into a lingerie store. How she convinced me to go in is beyond me.

Because of all the medicines Iv`e taken for my cancer, my weight fluctuates a lot. It mostly goes from relatively healthy to sickly to just plain unhealthy and then back to the start all over again. And all that normally takes place in the course of a few months. It`s not fun, let me tell ya. So going to say, an expensive lingerie store isn`t something I like doing. I don`t want to spend a ton of money on something that won`t fit in a month.

"You`ll be fine," Neela soothed as she lead me into the store. "You are getting healthy again, right?"

I frowned and shrugged. "I suppose." Sure I was slowly going from sickly back to relatively healthy but that doesn`t mean I`m going to stay there. "It changes fast though."

"I know, I know. But shopping will make you feel better. Especially shopping for this stuff. It always makes me feel better."

"You have a drawer full of lingerie don`t you?"

"Maybe."

I huffed and puffed to show my annoyance but let her lead me around the store. I suppose I could amuse her by looking around. But that didn`t mean I was going to get anything. Oh no. This place is way too expensive. One look at the price tags had me flinching.

"Find anything yet?" Neela asked.

"No," I scoffed. "Why would I?"

"It`s the price, isn`t it? I understand. I can`t even begin to tell you how freaked out the prices made me when Takashi first took me here," Neela said.

"Wait a second. Rewind and freeze! Did you just say Takashi took you here?" I squeaked in disbelief.

She blushed, "Yes Takashi took me here. I made the mistake of mentioning to a friend how I was running low on some things and he overheard and took me here."

"Wow," I mumbled. "I can`t believe your boyfriend took you to a lingerie store."

"I know, I know," She muttered, her face tinted a nice pink now.

"You`re boyfriend is weird."

"Oh just you wait. Your`s is just as bad."

If he`s still my boyfriend, I thought to myself. One minute our relationship is fine and the next I want to bail. Relationships aren`t supposed to be like that, right?

"Come here." Neela grabbed my arm and all but dragged me over to the dressing rooms. "Sit and help me decide." She said while pointing to a row of chairs.

"As you wish," I chuckled and sat in one of the chairs. After a few minutes of silence and fidgeting I finally asked, "Neela? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course!" She called through the dressing room door.

"What are relationships supposed to be like?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know there are supposed to be ups and downs. That`s normal for all relationships. But um, are you supposed to want to bail?"

Neela popped her head out the door and waved me over. I hesitantly got up and walked to the door. I squeaked and covered my eyes when I saw she was still in lingerie. She laugh and pulled my hand away.

"Stop freaking out. We have the same parts," She snickered.

"I know that," I argued, "I just wasn`t expecting you to still be wearing that."

"If you say so," She teased. "So what`s going on? Do I need to talk to Morimoto?"

I frowned. "I don`t think so. I guess I`m just confused. One minute we`re going great and then the next something happens that infuriates me and I want to bail."

She nodded slowly and bit at her lip. "I wouldn`t say it`s normal to want to bail. But like you said, every relationship has ups and downs. That`s normal. Every one has fights." She sighed and shook her head. "I..I really don`t know what to tell you. Takashi is my first boyfriend. I don`t have much experience in this, you know? I can`t really help you on this."

I nodded. "Alright. I can always message one of the girls."

"I`m sorry," Neela apologized.

"No, no. It`s fine," I dismissed. "My fault. You tried and that`s what matters to me."

"Alright," She murmured before a little smile appeared. "So how do I look?"

I smirked, "Now what exactly are you asking? Do you really want to know how you look or do you want to know if Takashi will like how you look?"

"A little bit of both," She blushed.

"He`ll love it and you look gorgeous. Lace really work for you, Neela."

"Good. Now go sit back down so I can change."

I laughed and went to sit back down. Maybe Neela was right. This shopping trip was just what I needed. But I was definitely going to message the girls. And maybe aunt Lauren too. One of them would know what to do about my relationship with Morimoto. I hope.