Status: Completed

As Planned

Doc

"It appears you`re doing just fine," My doctor said as he read through some papers. "Your body seems to be responding well."

"That`s great. But can you guys do me a huge favor and find another place to stick me?" I asked, referring to the nurse jabbing a needle into my skin. "I`m starting to get looks at school for the giant bruise on my arm."

"We`ll look for a different spot," He agreed with a chuckle.

"You have small veins," the nurse explained. "So it`s hard to find good spots."

"Please try," I whined. I couldn`t help it. The more they stabbed that one spot the more tender and bruised it became. Why they have inject part of the treatment into my veins is beyond me. Every time they tried to explain it all I heard was mumbo jumbo that made no sense.

"Next time," She promised, lightly patting my hand before walking away.

"So everything`s fine?" Mom asked.

My doctor nodded. "Absolutely. Amelia`s body is responding well. It`s a little slow in certain aspects but, if my calculations are correct, you`ll be in remission by the time you graduate."

"Thank you but uh, with all due respect doc, I wouldn`t be that optimistic. You`ve read all about my medical history. My cancer likes to act tame before rearing it`s ugly head when we least expect it. I could be dead by graduation," I said.

"I don`t think you will," he argued gently. "I think you`ll be just fine."

"If you say so doc."

"I do."

"Alright you two. Enough arguing," Mom interrupted. "Amelia, I`m sure your friends are going to want to hear the good news," she glanced at my doctor, "is that all?"

He nodded, "That`s it. By all means, go home and celebrate with your friends. And try and be a bit more optimist, Amelia. Life can surprise you."

"Life has a funny way of trying to kick my ass," I chuckled.

"Amelia!" mom scolded. "I know you don`t cuss very much but you know I don`t like when you do it around me."

I winced. "Sorry mom."

My doctor chuckled. "Go have some fun, Amelia. You probably need it after today."

"Oh yes I do," I agreed.

"I`ll see you two next week."

We left his office after that, headed home and we ate a quick dinner that aunt Sarah had been making while we were gone. After doing dishes I went up to my room and packed a small bag full of spare clothes to leave in my room at the garage. Let`s just hope aunt Sarah doesn`t questions the bag. She`s been on my case ever since I started dating Han. Unfortunately mom hasn`t been able to convince her to back off.

After everything was packed I let mom and aunt Sarah know I was leaving, thankfully neither said anything about the bag, and I left for the garage. I ended up running all the way there and this time around I only had to stop twice. Cause hey, if I`m supposedly getting better than why not push my body to it`s limits just a bit?

"Look who`s back!" Earl exclaimed as I walked into the garage.

"Hello, Earl," I muttered.

"Didn`t we just see you?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you want to hear my news are not?"

"Is it good news?" Twinkie asked, not bothering to look up from the engine he was working on.

"My doctor seems to think so," I replied.

"And you don`t?" Han questioned, walking up to me and lazily wrapping his arms around my waist.

"He does," I murmured, humming softly.

"Not that again," Earl groaned.

"Not what again?" I laughed.

"You two," He said. "It`s disgusting."

"Love is in the air," Reiko snickered.

"Or whatever the hell that is," Earl muttered, gesturing to us.

"What`s your news?" Twinkie interrupted.

"My doctor says my body is responding well to the treatments. He seems to think it`s going so well that I`ll be in remission by graduation."

"And that doesn`t excite you?" Reiko questioned.

I shrugged. "I`m not going to let myself get excited over a speculation. My cancer likes to act tame for a while before rearing it`s ugly head when I least expect it."

"You`ll be fine," Han whispered in my ear. "Now, what`s with the bag?"

"Spare clothes. This way I can stay over whenever I want," I answered confidently before that confidence quickly diminished. "That is okay, right?"

He nodded, his chin lightly hitting my shoulder. "That`s fine. You should know by now that I don`t mind having you here. You can stay whenever you want and for however long you want."

"Thank you," I murmured, pressing a quick kiss to the side of his jaw.

He hummed softly and lightly fingered the edge of my skirt. "It`s funny, you have enough time to pack a bag but not enough time to change clothes."

"Oh hush."

"I`m not saying that I mind, sweetheart. I like the look. I still think you need stockings though."

"Amelia`s right," Twinkie groaned. "You need to hush."

"Twinkie!" I laughed. "Be nice."

"Don`t forget, I know where you sleep, Twink," Han threatened.

"Han!" I scolded, still laughing. "You be nice too." I received a grunt in response. I grinned and pressed a quick kiss to his jaw. "I`ll be right back."

He hummed and slowly let go of my waist. But not without a kiss. I quickly made my way up the stairs and to my room, Reiko following close behind. She stayed quite the whole time. It wasn`t until I had put my clothes away in the small dresser that she finally spoke up.

"I kissed Earl."

"What?" I shrieked, whirling around to look at her.

"Don`t be so loud," She shushed.

"Repeat what you said. Now," I demanded.

"I kissed Earl," She repeated with a groan.

"Why? How? I thought you two hated each other."

"We don`t hate each other."

"Apparently not."

"Amelia," Reiko whined.

"Sorry, sorry," I apologized. "So what happened?"

"We were fighting one minute and the next I was kissing him," She explained.

"Did you kiss him to shut him up?" I asked.

"Kind of. I guess. I think. Oh hell, I don`t know," she groaned.

I frowned. Oh yeah, she was definitely confused. "Are you two together now?"

"No. He`ll hardly talk to me right now. He just keeps giving me these weird looks," She muttered.

"He`s probably just as confused as you are."

"I am not confused."

I shot her a look. "Oh really?"

"Okay, so I`m a bit confused."

"That`s what I thought."

"What am I going to do?" Reiko asked.

"Talk to him," I answered. "Simple as that."

"Really? It`s that simple?" She asked.

"Yes. It will either turn out well or it won`t. Look, I`m not the best at giving advice when it comes to relationship. My first one didn`t last very long and my second one sucked. And while this one is amazing so far, I really don`t know how to help you with this. All I can tell you is to talk to him," I said.

"Okay, okay," She murmured. "Talk to him it is."

I grinned, "Good. Now, ready to head back out there?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Thank you, Amelia."

"You`re welcome, honey. Now come," I grabbed her hands and pulled her up off the bed. I gave her a quick hug and lead her out of my room.

"Everything okay?" Han asked as I sat down next to him on the couch.

"Yeah. We just needed to talk about something," I replied.

"Did it go okay?" He inquired.

"It did," I answered. I kissed his cheek and quick grabbed the bag of sweets he was holding. Before he could try and take them back I carefully rearranged myself on the couch so I was laying side ways with my legs draped across his lap. He didn`t seem to mind so much then. Instead he decided to rub soothing circles on my knee while I happily ate the small bag of candy.

The rest of my night was spent laying on the couch eating sweets with Han`s hands roaming my legs, going everywhere but past mid thigh. Apparently that was his barriers for now. Not that I minded much. For hours we all talked, laughed and just had an all around good time. By the time midnight rolled around I didn`t want to go home. Too bad I couldn`t put those pajama`s laying in my dresser to good use. At least not tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Post two of two.