A New Love

Lovers forever

Henrik Zetterberg, the young Swedish forward for the Detroit Red Wings, had a problem. He was gay and none of his teammates knew it. He was scared to come out to them, scared they might judge him or worse, kick him off the team. On top of that problem, he had an even worse one: he had a major crush on one of his own teammates. He had a crush on Niklas Kronwall, who happened to also be from Sweden and four months younger than Henrik. Henrik needed to figure out how to tell them.....and fast!

"Hi Hank, how are you," Niklas asked as he walked into the locker room. Henrik blushed bright red when he heard Niklas's voice, but managed to hide it as he looked up.

"I'm good, Kronner. How are you," he asked in reply. He was trying so hard not to look Niklas up and down, knowing how rude it would be. However, he could not stop himself from looking into his teammate's dark blue eyes. It was those eyes that had first drawn him into his teammate. In Henrik's mind, Niklas's eyes were like the deep blue waters of an ocean that he could swim in forever.

"Hank? Hankkkkkkkk?" Henrik snapped out of his thoughts and blushed at the look on his friend's face.

"S-sorry. I got lost in thought," he replied. -about you-his mind finished. Niklas didn't question him any farther, but simply gave him a smile.

"It's okay, Hank. I get like that all the time."

Niklas POV: "He doesn't know I think about him all the time," I thought as I sat at my locker. None of my teammates knew I was gay and they didn't know I had a major crush on Hank. God, he is so beautiful. His eyes, oh those eyes I could get lost in those eyes forever. I wanted to tell Hank how I felt, but I didn't know how he'd react. He couldn't possibly like someone like me, could he?

"Hey, Zetta? Do you....do you, um, wanna come and hang out with me after practice today," I asked. Hank stopped tying his skates and looked up at me with a huge smile. "A beautiful smile," my mind said.

"Sure, Kronner. I'd love to hang out. Where at?" I was so busy looking at his eyes, I almost didn't answer.

"Uh, my house," I asked, blushing at how pathetic I sounded. Hank laughed and shook his head.

"Oh Kronner! Okay then, at your house it is. Actually, can I ride with you? My car broke down this morning," he replied, rolling his eyes in disgust. I stifled a giggle at his face.

"Oh yeah sure Hank. I can do that. Is your car at the shop?" He nodded.

"Yeah it is."

****after practice****
I watched with adoring eyes as Hank slipped on his sweatshirt. I loved the way he did things so smoothly, like nothing ever bothered him. I wanted him to be mine so badly. If he was mine, I'd adore him all day and I'd love him even more than I did now. He was so beautiful and flawless.

"K-Kronner? C-Can I tell you something," he asked. I looked over at him and saw the look of nervousness on his face. I frowned, worried. What in the world could he be nervous about?

"Sure Hank. What is it," I asked as I slipped my sweatshirt on.

"I'm gay." At those words, I nearly fell over in shock, but I kept my balance and looked him in the eyes.

"Thank you for telling me. Hank, I'm gay too," I answered, blushing. A large grin came over his face and he walked over to me.

"Who do you love," he asked, his brown eyes twinkling. I let out a gasp at him being so close to me as tears filled my eyes.

"Y-you."

"I love you too." He leaned close to me and gave me a hard kiss on the lips. As I responded just as hard, I couldn't help but smile. I had a new love......and one that would last forever.