Sequel: He Has My Heart
Status: I have two accounts on blackveilbridesfanfiction.com under the names tina and tinamoli

Is He for Me?

Chapter Four: I'm not proud of it

Rileys POV

After Ashley left my bar I started thinking about what Ashley said about me being a stripper. I was really young, I didn't know any better.

Living in Las Vegas I saw a fair share of things that a kid shouldn't see, but I loved growing up near the strip. The city lights were inspiring and my parents were everything to me. As an only child my parents only had whats best for me at heart, but not the best for themselves. My dad was a drug dealer during my younger years and I never understood what really happened, but when I was 12 my dad wanted to leave that life and start fresh. Escaping the drug lords of Las Vegas wasn't an easy task and we suffered the consequences.
A year later when my mum was out late and coming home from night out with friends, old partners of my dads killed her and it was truly the most heart breaking news that me or my father could hear. My dad only let me out of the house for school while the investigation was underway.It was hard to live with the person that caused my mothers death. I resented my dad for not protecting my mother better after leaving the drug business, but he was all I had and they could possibly come back for us.
Four years passed and no one came back for us, but in that time my dad had developed serious depression and had become an alcoholic. I tried time and time again to help him, but he wouldn't look at me anymore.
I never really had a life of my own. I kept to myself and told people little about my life. Although I didn't really have friends I excelled in everything at school and had a passion for music, dancing and performing. After I graduated I got a scholarship into a business college and studied so I could be someone in life.
As good as it all sounded the money from my dads former business was running out and for a while we had been scraping by. Having move from our apartment looking over the strip, to a run down unit block in a less active part of Las Vegas. Stripping was my only choice. Despite my past, I still loved my dad and wanted to help him.
My age wasn't an issue. It's Las Vegas. I could have passed for 21 with the way my body took shape and my mature attitude. While working as a stripper I had managed to save up quite a but of money because I only limited my dad to what he needed, anti-depressants mainly, but his depression had gone on so long untreated it didn't do much. He never seemed to get better.
When I turned 20 I had finished all my studying and came in the top 5 of my class and I knew it was time that I could quit stripping and do something a little less shameful. Getting home that night after my last shift at the strip club probably the worst night of my life. My dad had found the gun I had hidden in a false bottom draw in the kitchen. Just for protection , but he had used it on himself. He lay pale on the kitchen floor with a pool of dried blood around his head.
That's when I knew my time in Las Vegas was up and I had to leave. I packed everything I owed that night and left. I had never looked back since.

When I moved to LA I remember I dragged my crying ass into the first bar I could find, used my fake ID and bought whiskey on the rocks. I thought to myself 'This is a bittersweet moment'. A tear rolled down my face and dripped onto the bar. It was late and no one was around so out loud I belted "PROUD IN ALL YOU ARE, SHOWING EVERY SCAR AS YOUR BADGE OF HONOUR , WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF WHAT THEIR LIVING FOR, SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!!" I felt better already.
A face popped out from another room at the bar and I immediately regonised it. Ashley Purdy from Black Veil Brides.
"Holy shit! I'm so sorry, I thought there was no one else here" I explained.
Ashley laughed, "No, no. Don't apologise. Your singing is amazing, plus I'm in that band" He smirked and left the bar. The bar I was in was called The Roof, so I asked for a job, only in hope that I would see Ashley again... I never did.