‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

19: Can You Blame Me For Being A Little Jealous?

“Is there really no way that I can get out of this?” Olivia murmured, her hands subconsciously straightening the material of the dress she had donned for the evening. It was the last thing she wanted, to be stuck in a room full of Iker’s friends and their partners, but the keeper was insistent. The charity dinner was one of the main events of Real Madrid’s PR season and as club captain, it was largely expected that Iker would be in attendance, something which had caused him to ask Olivia. He knew she wasn’t comfortable with it, Olivia had never wanted to be the type of girl that hung off of his arm, but he wanted her there. The tabloids were still fixated on their relationship, insisting on pointing out flaws and problems, and Iker wanted to make a point of showing a united front. They were together, they were happy, and Iker wanted to show it off.

“There is no way, querida” Iker mused, straightening his tie “I have to go and seeing as you’re my girlfriend that obliges you to come too. Besides, it would be a shame to let that beautiful new dress go to waste, Oli” he mused gently, his fingers lightly brushing over the pretty lilac material.

“I don’t see why being your girlfriend means I have to be miserable” Olivia commented “I thought being together was supposed to make me happy” she noted.

Iker smirked. “You’re being a little dramatic, Oli” he mused “It’s just a night. A few drinks, a dinner, perhaps some dancing. It’s like a big fancy date”

“With a room full of people whose last memory of me may be you punching Cristiano in the face” Olivia noted.

“I apologized for that” Iker murmured, resting his head against her shoulder “And they know that that was on me, not you. I misread it, I thought the pair of you were flirting. Can you blame me for being a little jealous?” he muttered, pressing a kiss to a mark he’d left on her neck a few days previous. It was a pleasant change, Iker practically spent all of his time with Olivia now and he wouldn’t have changed it for the world. Since their first night together, he’d been nothing short of certain that he was never letting her go again.

“Considering that we weren’t dating and that I was incredibly pissed at you still, yeah” Olivia replied matter-of-factly.

“It’s one night, Oli” Iker mumbled, kissing the same spot again “Please?” he added.

Olivia sighed. “Is it really that important to you?” she whispered gently.

“I’d like you to do it for me” Iker replied “I promise, I will make it up to you” he added.

“Fine” Olivia muttered “But I will be expecting some wonderful gift for this” she added.

Iker smiled and kissed the side of her neck again. “I am sure I shouldn’t have to bribe you for going out with me, Oli” he mused.

Olivia shrugged her shoulders. “Take me to better places, Iker” she teased.

“I intend to, querida” he murmured in a tone that made Olivia’s cheeks warm.

“I’m fairly confident that that tone in your voice is the reason that we have to find a babysitter tonight” she mused, earning a small laugh from him.

~#~
“Aw, look at the pair of you” Pilar grinned as she padded up towards Olivia, greeting the brunette with a gentle hug. She, like a lot of people, was thrilled to see Iker and Olivia back together and she was pleased that things seemed to be panning out for them. She doubted she had seen Iker so happy in a while.

Iker shook his head gently and moved to pull Olivia close to his side, something which made Sergio smirk. “Someone’s back in protective boyfriend mode” he mused happily.

“He’s been like that since we left my apartment” Olivia murmured, shifting his hand away from her slightly “It’s like he seems to think I am going to run off” she added.

“Can you blame him?” Sergio teased “You’re looking very beautiful tonight, Oli” he mused.

Olivia blushed gently and thanked the defender, something which made Iker shift his hand back onto her hip. He knew that it was silly, Olivia had no interest in any of his friends or teammates, but still he wanted to issue a hands-off warning. He wasn’t about to let anyone get the wrong idea about his girlfriend. “You know, people are aware that we are dating. I don’t need your handprints on my dress to show it” Olivia muttered low enough for just Iker to hear whilst Pilar moved to collect some champagne for them.

“I am not dropping my hands, Oli” Iker returned,

“Could you at least loosen the grip a little? I am going to have fingers prints if we’re not careful” she mused.

“I’ve left worse marks” he teased gently.

Olivia blushed and slapped his shoulder, something which made him chuckle as he took her hand, leading her towards the chart which dictated where they were going to sit. “We’re with Cristiano and Sergio” Iker mused, leading her towards their table.

Olivia smiled a little and sat down, her blue eyes peeking up at Iker who grinned back at her. It didn’t seem as bad as she thought it would be, apart from Iker being a little protective, things seemed to be good and it pleased Olivia. Going to events with Iker was a part of her role as his girlfriend that she had neglected the first time around and she wanted to do a better job that time around. Iker had done it for her and she wanted to repay the favour. Sipping on her drink, she toyed with Iker’s hand gently, offering him a small grin.

“Iker?”

The keeper’s head snapped up at the sound of his voice, a look of panic quickly appearing on his face.

“Amor?” Olivia whispered gently “Who is that?” she posed.

Iker swallowed. “Please don’t be mad” he murmured.

“Why would I be mad?” Olivia quipped.

“What a coincidence” the voice noted “I didn’t know you were going to be here” she continued.

Iker sighed. “Olivia, this is Delilah” he murmured, making Olivia’s blue eyes widen.

She had never anticipated that she would meet the woman responsible for the breakup of her relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)