‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

24: What Am I Supposed To Do?

“Iker?” Olivia murmured as she stepped into her living room, her blue eyes staring at the back of the goalkeeper who had set up camp on her couch. He had been quiet, too quiet since they had gotten back from their lunch, and it was concerning to Olivia. She knew that he was hurting, to have Madrid turn their backs on him could only sting the man who had devoted years to them but she didn’t quite know what to say. It was Iker’s decision, his choice whether he stayed or whether he went, and Olivia didn’t want to push him either way. When all was said and done, she wanted him to be happy. “Amor, it’s nearly eleven at night, are you going to come to bed soon?” she posed, stepping a little deeper into the room.

“In a bit” Iker replied, a small yawn falling out of his mouth “I was just looking these over again” he added, his hand gesturing the piles of papers that were sat around him. He’d spent hours looking at them, reading them and dissecting them, but still he didn’t seem any closer to making a decision. The offers were good, as good as he could have expected anyways, and it was hard to make a decision. He didn’t quite know what he was looking for.

“You’ve been looking at them since we got back here” Olivia commented, pulling the jumper of his she wore a little tighter around her body “I don’t spending any more time looking is going to make it any easier for you” she added, sitting beside him.

Iker sighed. “You’re probably right” he murmured “I just can’t quite fathom that this is happening” he added, moving to lean back against the couch.

“You don’t have to go” Olivia murmured “If you really want to, you can stay here and fight for your place” she explained as she scooted a little closer to him, cuddling into his side.

“I think we both know, deep down, that I don’t have it in me to sit on the bench again, Oli” he murmured gently “It was bad enough when I had to do it because of Mourinho and I don’t want to be put in that position now. I still want to play, at least for a couple more years” he explained gently.

“You do?” Olivia posed gently.

Iker nodded. “I still love it as much as ever and whilst I know I am not the youngest anymore, I still want to play the sport” he noted.

Olivia nodded. “Then you have a decision to make, Iker” Olivia murmured, resting her head sleeping on his shoulder “You need to choose the best place for you” she explained.

“For us” Iker corrected softly, his dark eyes peeking down at his girlfriend.

“Us?” Olivia squeaked.

“Querida, if I am going anywhere, I am going to want you and Thiago to make the move with me” he mumbled gently. It was obvious, if Iker was to go anywhere, he would want Olivia with him and he wanted to make that clear to her. They were a package deal and he wasn’t going anywhere without Olivia or Thiago at his side.

Olivia shifted a little. “Iker…”

“You don’t want to go?” Iker mumbled gently.

“It isn’t that” Olivia noted, shaking her head gently.

“Then what is it? Oli, I am not going to go anywhere without you or Thiago” Iker mumbled softly “I want us to be a family, whether that is here in Madrid or in America, I want you and I to get married and have more children. I want to buy you your dream house and I want to spend every day of my life showing you that I love you, so please, Oli, enlighten me as to why you don’t want to go with me” he muttered, his face firm.

Olivia swallowed. “I don’t quite know what to say” she murmured.

“There must be a reason, Oli” Iker spluttered “You clearly have reservations about going with me” he added.

Olivia swallowed and shook her head. “I don’t have reservations” she whispered “Iker, I want to go wherever you go, it’s just…”

“What?” Iker snapped “You’re too comfortable here? You love your job more than you love me? What is it Oli?” he spat.

Olivia shook her head and moved to take his hand. “Iker, I’m pregnant again” she whispered.

Iker blinked. “You’re what?” he squeaked.

“I may be carrying our second child” Olivia replied gently “And that’s why I am nervous about leaving. I can only be a few weeks in and I hardly think the stress of a move across the world can do baby much good” she explained, her hand moving to set his against the front of her shirt. It had been a little unexpected, like with Thiago, she had been unaware for a little while, but a trip to the chemist with Callie on their early morning break had confirmed it. She was pregnant again, even if it was only a couple of weeks, and she didn’t want anything to mess it up. She was, at least in part, excited at the prospect of having a second baby.

Iker stared at the front of her shirt for a few seconds before he sighed. “What am I supposed to do, Oli?” he whispered “I clearly can’t stay” he added.

“Then you have to go ahead” Olivia whispered “And I will follow in a few weeks with Thiago once the pregnancy is a little more advanced” she added, moving to lean against his shoulder again.

“You couldn’t have told me sooner that you were expecting?” he mumbled, rubbing small circles into the front of her shirt.

“I wanted to tell you at lunch, but then you pulled out that binder and I knew I had to give you a chance to make up your mind without me. I didn’t want you to base your decision on me” she murmured.

“I want you make you happy” Iker noted.

Olivia shook her head and kissed his cheek. “You make me happy just by being in the same room as me. I can handle most things just as long as I have got you beside me” she explained.

Iker smiled. “How would you feel about LA?” he posed softly.

“Los Angeles? I had you down as the New York type” she teased gently.

“I know how much you love a beach” Iker replied “And I know that Thiago would love it there, as well as the new baby” he added affectionately, his hand once more wandering over her stomach.

“Do what makes the most sense to you” Olivia murmured “But right now, come to bed” she added, gripping at his hand “It’s nearly half eleven and my bed’s all cold” she added. Iker smiled and stood up beside her, pressing an affectionate kiss to her head. He just hoped that they could keep things together as things began to change for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Hockeykid40, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)