‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

02: What Are You Doing Here?

Resting his head against the steering wheel of his car, Iker sighed gently, dreading the thought of going into his parents’ house. It was out of the blue, the call to a lunch had been an unexpected, and slightly unwelcome surprise to keeper, but he knew he couldn’t skip out. It had taken a lot of work, his parents, like a lot of people, had put the blame on him for what had happened with Olivia and he had had to work hard to fix his relationships, something he wasn’t going to risk by skipping out on a lunch with his parents. He knew they wouldn’t have called for no reason, they still weren’t exactly forgiving towards him, and so he had opted to hear them out. Letting out a small groan, he frowned at the sight of the house before he pushed the car door open, quickly making his way up the path before he knocked on the door.

“You made it” Carmen noted gently, offering him a feeble smile.

“Papa called” Iker replied “I thought I better show my face” he added, moving to mirror her weak smile.

Carmen nodded her head gently before she ushered him inside, steering him into the dining room. “We have something we need to talk to you about” she noted, gently pushing him down into a chair.

Iker frowned. “What is going on, mama? You’re starting to freak me out” he noted, trying to keep the worry out of his voice.

Carmen sighed. “Olivia came to see us” she whispered.

Iker stiffened at the mention of his former girlfriend. It had been months, after the initial break up, Iker hadn’t heard a word from Olivia and he had been content to leave it that way. It had been hard, Iker had wanted nothing more than to find her and beg for the forgiveness he knew he was in no way deserving of, but he had let her go. It was the least he could do for the girl whose heart he had carelessly broken. She didn’t need him, she didn’t deserve him trying to make something which was irreparable right, and so Iker had taken the decision to let her go, something which had been made a little easier when he’d heard rumors that Olivia had lost their baby. It had stung, the notion that his child had been gone before he’d even had the chance to meet them had broken Iker’s heart, but it had made staying away from Olivia slightly easier, even if it was still devastating to him.

“Olivia” he squeaked “As in, my Oli?” he murmured, his eyes peeking up at his mother.

“She came to see us” Carmen noted gently, nodding her head.

Iker shook his head. “Why would she do that? 12 months of radio silence have made it abundantly clear that she wants nothing to do with me, so why would she come and see you?” he murmured.

“Because she wants to talk to you” Carmen noted kindly “Iker, sweetheart, she has a baby” she revealed gently.

Iker shook his head. “No, she doesn’t” he replied stubbornly.

“I’ve seen the baby, Iker” Carmen noted.

“No” Iker noted, shaking his head “I was told that she lost our baby. People were talking about it. She doesn’t have a baby” he argued, pushing himself to his feet. He couldn’t wrap his head around it, the idea that his son or daughter had been born, and he refused to accept it. He knew Olivia, if she had given birth to their child, he’d have known about it and he didn’t doubt it, even despite their messy breakup, Olivia would have told him.

Carmen sighed gently. “Iker, Olivia does have a child” she whispered “I’ve held them, and I know in my heart that they are your child” she explained.

“You’ve met them?” Iker muttered “When?” he snapped.

“That’s irrelevant…”

“When?” Iker pressed “How long have you been hiding this from me?” he added.

“They haven’t been hiding a thing”

Iker froze, his ears resonating with a voice he’d thought he would never hear again.

“Iker, they found out yesterday and the first person they called was you, at my insistence. Your parents aren’t hiding anything from you, they’re not to blame for anything” Olivia mused, her blue eyes staring at the back of the goalkeeper. Iker listened to the almost melodic sound of her voice, allowing himself to revel in the sound for a few moments before he turned around, a lump growing in his throat at the sight of Olivia. She looked different, her long brown hair had been cut short, a sight that disappointed Iker, and her blue eyes were hidden behind a pair of thick frame glasses, but it was still a sight to behold. Iker hadn’t even caught a glance of her since the phone call which had seen the end of their relationship and seeing her in that moment was enough to leave him speechless.

Olivia shifted a little under his stare. “I should have done this sooner” she murmured, diverting her stare down to her feet “I should have called, or written, or something” she babbled.

“Oli” Iker whispered.

“Don’t call me that” Olivia snapped, shaking her head “I want you to call me Olivia” she added.

Iker blinked. He’d never called her Olivia. Swallowing, he took a pace forwards. “What are you doing here, Olivia?” he breathed, his dark eyes still wandering over her frame in amazement.

“I need to talk to you about something” Olivia murmured “Something I should have spoken to you about before now, because I have realized that it is too late…”

“Olivia” Iker muttered, cutting off her rambling “Just spit it out” he added gruffly.

Olivia swallowed and closed her eyes preparing to speak, only to be cut off by the sound of Thiago’s cries.

“What is that?” Iker noted, trying with all his might not to snap or do anything stupid.

Olivia sighed. “That’s Thiago” she whispered “Your son” she added, not daring to look at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to life.in.technicolor, Yaninkin9, FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)