‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

32: Our Little Family

“This is seriously your house?” Callie whispered as she padded inside, her eyes wide in amazement. It had been a while, since the turn of the year, Olivia had only seen Callie a couple of times via video chat, but she was pleased that the other girl had managed to make it out in time for Thiago’s first birthday. It had been a few weeks since the first scan and Olivia was approaching the 20 week mark, something which had Iker more than excited. He was happy, he had been since he had found out about the second pregnancy, and Olivia couldn’t have been more thrilled. She still felt awful, keeping Iker away from her first pregnancy had easily been one of the biggest mistakes she’d ever made, but she loved seeing his face whenever he spotted the bump that she now evidently carried. He looked like a little kid on Christmas.

“This seriously is” Olivia replied.

Callie let out a low whistle. “Your boyfriend has some pretty good taste” she noted.

“He must do, he choose me didn’t he?” Olivia teased as she led Callie through the house.

Callie rolled her eyes. “No one will ever understand that one” she quipped, a light smile on her face.

Olivia scoffed lightly before she led Callie into the living room, her face lighting up at the sight of Iker and Thiago who sat in the middle of room, playing with one of the new toys that they had bought for him. “He’s adorable” Callie quipped, stopping at her friend’s side.

“Which one?” Olivia teased back gently “Iker looks in his element right now and I can’t think of a time that Thiago has looked happier” she added.

Callie smiled. “You have a very handsome little family, Oli” she noted before she padded over to Iker and Thiago, greeting the pair softly.

Olivia smiled softly to herself and nodded. She did have a handsome little family and she couldn’t wait for it to get a little bigger.

~#~
“Look at the birthday boy” Iker whispered as he stepped up beside Olivia, his arms instinctively wrapping around her waist. It had been a pleasant day, Thiago had been well and truly made a fuss of by the visitors that they had, and Iker was pleased. He wanted his little boy’s first birthday to be special. Olivia smiled and snuggled into his embrace, nodding her head softly in agreement. “He looks so happy” she whispered gently “I think he likes all the attention” she added, watching as her brother pressed a kiss to the toddler’s cheek.

“I think he’ll make a wonderful big brother when the time comes” Iker noted gently.

“I think he will too, after he gets over the fact that there will be another baby around. I remember my madre once telling me how Danny cried for three days solid after they bought me home from the hospital” she mused softly. It was a concern, how Thiago would adapt to having another baby around, but Olivia hoped that he was Ok with it. She wanted her two children to get along.

“Wasn’t Danny about 8 when you came home from the hospital?” Iker teased softly.

Olivia nodded. “He was, but he was a very whiny 8 year old” she joked gently.

Iker smiled. “Mama told me that I was on my best behavior when they bought Unai home” he murmured as he moved to kiss her cheek “And I am sure Thiago will be when we bring home his little brother” he added.

“Sister” Olivia corrected “Thiago’s going to have a little sister” she added with a grin.

Iker rolled his eyes gently before Daniel padded over to them, Thiago balanced on his hip. “I think this little one wants to see his mama and papa” he noted gently. It was still strange, the idea that his little sister had a baby of her own, but it was something Daniel was slowly getting used to. Even if he didn’t like Iker, which he still didn’t, he couldn’t deny that being with the keeper and having his children had made Olivia happier and Daniel was grateful for that. He wanted Olivia happy, even if it was with a man that he didn’t trust for a second, and he couldn’t quite believe how grown up she was. To him, she was still the little baby that his parents had bought back from the hospital all those years ago.

Olivia smiled gently and moved to take Thiago out of her brother’s arms, pressing a little kiss to his cheek. “Are you having fun, mi hijo?” Olivia cooed as she held the baby close “Today is the last birthday that you’ll have where is it just me, you, and papa” she mused.

“But don’t you worry” Iker contributed “Because even though there will be another little baby around, your mama and papa still will love you with everything they have. You’re our little baby, Thiago, and that’s not going to change” he enthused gently.

Olivia smiled gently at his words and pressed a kiss to his cheek. “I love you” she cooed, earning a small smile on Iker’s face.

“I ought to go and get his cake” he murmured “I love you both very much” he added, kissing Thiago’s forehead and Olivia’s lips. Olivia grinned at the contact and moved to sit down, balancing Thiago in her lap. “You and I are very lucky to have your papi around, Thiago” she murmured gently “It could have all been very different, but I am pleased that it isn’t. I love you, and your papi, a lot” she mused.

Thiago grinned and clapped his little hands together as Iker padded back towards them, a birthday cake perched in his hands. “Everyone, we want to sing to Thiago now” he mused gently, gathering the guests around the couch. Olivia grinned, holding her son close. She couldn’t quite believe that it had been a year since she had given birth to the little boy who sat in her lap, a wide grin on his face. It still felt like yesterday that she had held him for the very first time, but she couldn’t help but admire how things had changed. A year previous, she had been alone, it had been her and Thiago and no one else, but she loved the differences that existed. She loved Iker, she loved that they were planning to get married, but most of all, she loved the idea that their little family was going to grow and that she had the chance to share it with Iker.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)