‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

33: Being Spontaneous

“Look at you” Callie giggled as she stepped into Olivia’s bedroom, her eyes shining at the sight of the pregnant brunette. It had been a couple of days since Thiago’s first birthday and Iker had decided that he wanted to take advantage of Callie and Jacob’s visit, insisting that he take Olivia out for the day. It wasn’t something they got the chance to do, with Thiago around, Olivia had spent most of her days since her arrival in LA watching cartoons or playing toys, and she was a little excited at the prospect of spending the day with Iker. She missed the way he had taken her out for dates in the early part of their relationship. “Someone looks stunning, even with a big bump” Callie added.

Olivia shook her head. “I don’t exactly feel fantastic right now” she noted, her hands subconsciously rubbing over her swollen stomach “I’m having one of my bloated days, but I am not going to tell Iker that. He’s got all these grand plans and I am not going to let my hormones get in the way of it” she added.

Callie scoffed. “Firstly, you look stunning. You’re glowing and I am a little jealous that even pregnant, you still look hotter than me, and second of all, if you aren’t up to going out, you could just tell Iker” she noted.

Olivia shook her head. “I have been looking forwards to this day since he suggested it. I love Thiago, and I know Iker does, but since we got to LA, we haven’t exactly had much time alone. With you guys available to watch Thiago, I can’t wait to see what Iker has planned” she explained gently.

Callie smiled. “I love how in love with him you are” she smiled happily “It makes me a little envious” she added.

“You don’t feel like that with Jacob?” Olivia posed gently.

Callie shrugged. “Things are OK, I guess, but there is no passion or spontaneity like there is between you and Iker. When you look at him, you look like you’ll melt if he smiles at you and I kind of want to feel like that, something I don’t think I have ever felt with Jacob. He’s sweet, and I like being around him, but I kind of want what you have” she explained, shaking her head softly.

Olivia frowned. “Cal, you’ve been with Jake for years” she noted.

Callie nodded. “I know, but I always imagined that like you, I would have something to show for it. Jake and I have been together for four years, but I don’t have an engagement ring, I don’t have a baby. I am starting to think about calling it quits” she admitted.

Olivia sighed and opened her mouth to speak again, but stopped was Iker padded into the room, a wide smile on his face. “You ready?” he posed.

Olivia offered Callie a look before she nodded. “I’ll be right with you” she mused, her eyes wordlessly communicating that her conversation with her best friend was not over.

~#~
“Oli, are you feeling Ok?” Iker posed gently as he sat down beside his fiancée, handing her the ice-cream cone that she had insisted she was craving. It had been a nice day, Iker had enjoyed having Olivia all to himself without having to check on Thiago every few minutes, but he was a little concerned. She had been quiet, something Olivia very rarely was, and he wanted to ensure that everything was alright.

Olivia, who had absent-mindedly been licking the mint chocolate ice cream cone, nodded. “Fine” she noted “I just needed to sit down. My ankles are killing me” she added with a grin.

Iker smiled. “Whilst I believe that, there has been something on your mind since we left home. Are you going to tell me what?” he posed gently.

“It’s just something Callie and I were talking about earlier” she noted gently, her blue eyes briefly looking up at him “She thinks she wants to break up with Jacob” she noted.

“And that makes you sad why? Jacob’s a great guy, Oli, but if Callie doesn’t want to be with him anymore…”

“What if we get like that?” Olivia squeaked, cutting him off.

Iker frowned. “Like what?” he posed, taking her hand gently.

“What if we get stuck in a rut? What if you realize that you never actually wanted me and only got stuck with me because you failed with all the others?” she rambled, tears appearing in her blue eyes as she worked herself up. She knew it was silly, but in her hormonal state, she couldn’t help it. Once the idea had gotten stuck in her head, there had been no stopping it.

Iker shook his head. “Nena, I didn’t ‘get stuck with you’” he whispered gently “I choose you because after five years, I realized that I was missing out on the most perfect person who was sat right under my nose. Oli, I love you so much and I intend to show that to you every day for the rest of our lives” he explained gently, his hand gently brushing away the tears that had fallen out of her eyes.

“But what if we lose our spark?” she whispered.

Iker scoffed. “That’s impossible” he murmured “We’ve been doing this 8 years, on and off, and we’ve not lost it yet” he added.

Olivia opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off as Iker helped her back to her feet, gently taking her hand in his as he moved to lead her out of the park. “Iker, what are you doing?” she posed, still wiping some of the tears off of her face.

“I saw a city hall on the way in” Iker noted as he continued to walk her out of the park.

“And?” Olivia posed.

Iker stopped walking for a second and turned to her, a wide grin fixed on his face. “Let’s get married, now, today. Let’s be spontaneous” he noted.

Olivia’s eyes widened. “Are you serious?” she squeaked.

Iker nodded. “Why shouldn’t we do it, Oli?” he posed gently “I want nothing more than to call you my wife and I don’t see the need to waste any more time” he noted “I want to show you, Oli, to make it apparent that I mean what I say and I don’t see a better way. So, Olivia Garcia Cruz, do you want to become Olivia Casillas?” he mused, the smile on his face unfaltering.

Olivia blinked a few times before she slowly nodded her head.

“Ok” she agreed gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)