‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

43: He’ll Come Around

Smoothing out the shirt that she had put on, Olivia peeked at the small mirror that sat on the bathroom wall, her blue eyes scanning her reflection softly. She felt a little off, even if Iker did insist that she looked fine, and she couldn’t quite put her finger on why. It was to be expected, she had only given birth to Catalina the day before, but she couldn’t quite shake the feeling of not looking her best, something which made her a little anxious about the leaving the bathroom. Running her fingertips gingerly through her hair, she pulled it up into a ponytail before she took a deep breath, padding quietly back into the hospital room that she had spent the night in.

Iker, who had been cooing at Catalina, lifted his head, offering his wife a small smile. “You almost ready?” he posed, moving to rest their little girl in her car seat. He was excited, the prospect of going home thrilled him, and he couldn’t wait to introduce Thiago to his little sister. He was sure that the little boy would love Catalina.

Olivia nodded her head. “Almost” she noted gently “How is she doing?” she added, quickly diverting attention back to their daughter.

Iker smiled gently. “She’s still perfect, querida” he grinned as he moved to ensure that the little girl was secure in her seat “Have I thanked you for having her yet this morning?” he posed cheekily.

Olivia rolled her eyes and padded towards him, her arms gently wrapping around his neck. “You don’t have to keep thanking me, Iker” she whispered softly “It took two of us to make her and she is as much yours as she is mine, so stop feeling like you need to thank me” she smiled.

Iker chuckled gently and placed his arms around her waist, holding her close. “You did all the hard work, Oli” he whispered, his lips lightly pecking her forehead “You carried her around for nine months and then spent 6 hours in pain bringing her into the world. All I had to do was sleep with you” he teased, kissing the side of her nose.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You did more than just that” she commented gently “You held my hair when I puked, you drove me to all of our doctor’s appointments and you still managed to make me feel beautiful even on those days where I didn’t even want to get out of bed. You were a big part of this pregnancy too” she murmured sweetly.

Iker smiled. “You’re always beautiful to me, Oli” he cooed gently, pressing a light kiss against her lips.

Olivia smiled into the kiss briefly before the door to the private room swung open, causing her to take a step back.

“Oops” Callie giggled gently “I didn’t mean to interrupt, but your taxi service has arrived” she added, stepping into the room.

Olivia opened her mouth to offer a quip in return, but stopped herself, noting the baby bump that her best friend sported. “Dios mio, Cal” Olivia squeaked “You’re pregnant?” she added, padding over to the other girl.

Callie giggled gently. “Yeah” she mused.

Olivia marveled at her friend’s bump before Iker padded over, Catalina’s car-seat clasped in his hand. “You ready to go?” he posed softly, his arm gently wrapping around his wife’s shoulder.

Olivia smiled gently and nodded. “I can’t wait to get back to Thiago. I have missed him” she cooed gently.

Iker smiled and pressed a kiss to the side of her head, excited at the prospect of taking her home.

~#~
“Oli, sweetie, you look fantastic” Carmen grinned as she pulled Olivia into a hug, allowing her and Iker to pad through the hall way. It had been a long morning, a lot of it had been spent waiting for Olivia and Iker to make it home with little Catalina, but already Carmen was thrilled to see them. She couldn’t wait to get her first proper look at her granddaughter.

Olivia smiled feebly and wiggled out of the older woman’s arms, making her way into the living room in search of Thiago. Carmen offered her a slightly odd look before she turned to Iker, noting the little girl who was happily wrapped up in her father’s arms. Iker smiled at the look that appeared on his mother’s face before he lightly held Catalina out to her. “You can hold her if you’d like” he whispered.

Carmen smiled at him gently and moved to take the baby into her arms, cooing gently at the little girl. “Iker, she’s stunning” she cooed softly.

“I know, mama” Iker replied, a timid smile on his face.

Carmen smiled gently before she allowed Iker to wander ahead of her into the living room, his dark eyes instantly landing on Olivia who was cooing gently at Thiago who held onto her tightly. Smiling, he took a couple of paces towards the pair and sat down beside them, gently kissing the top of Thiago’s head. “Mama and I have someone that we want you to meet, Thiago” he whispered as he gently lifted the little boy into his lap. Thiago whimpered a little, not liking being taken away from his mother, but turned his eyes ahead of him, his little face forming a pout at the sight of the new baby which was sat in his grandmother’s arms.

Iker noted the look on his son’s face and smiled. “It’s Ok, little one” he whispered.

Thiago frowned. “Mama” he noted, his little arms reaching out to Olivia who quickly picked him up, gently settling him in her lap.

“That’s your new little sister, Thiago” Olivia whispered, pressing a little kiss to his temple “Catalina” she added.

The little boy frowned. “No” he mumbled.

Olivia shook her head. “Someone doesn’t want to share” she quipped, her blue eyes peeking up at Iker.

Iker smiled. “He’ll get used to her one day” he murmured as Carmen moved towards them, placing Catalina into Iker’s arms once more “We all have to get used to the way things have changed, but I am confident that he’ll love her eventually. He’s her big brother and he’ll look after her” he enthused, smiling down at their little girl.

Olivia smiled gently at the sentiment and rested her head on his shoulder, allowing for Callie to snap a picture of the newly-larger family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)