‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

44: What You Love About Me

Sparing a little yawn, Olivia padded into the nursery, her blue eyes focusing sleepily on Catalina who wailed gently. It had been a few days, Catalina was almost a week old, but still Olivia was getting used to the idea of being woken up in the middle of the night once more. It was hard, for the first few days, Iker had taken control of most of the night feeds, but with a match to play that weekend, Olivia had insisted that he leave it to her, something which Iker had fought against before finally conceding. It was adorable, Catalina had Iker completely and utterly wrapped around her tiny finger, and Olivia couldn’t help but coo when she saw them together, Iker was a natural with the infant and it almost made Olivia hate herself for what she had done when she had had Thiago. She knew that it had worked out, she and Iker had gotten back together and Thiago had spent copious amounts of time with his father, but still it made her feel bad. It had been petty, she had kept her son away from his father for no real reason other than her own anger, and watching Iker with Catalina made her regret it ever more. He was a complete natural.

Tugging her dressing gown around her a little more, she padded over to the little girl’s crib and offered her a gentle smile. “Hola, princesa” she whispered as she leant down, gently lifting Catalina into her arms. “Do we need to get you an early breakfast before you wake up the boys eh? We don’t need papa getting all grumpy in the morning, do we?” she cooed gently as she padded towards the rocking chair which sat beside the crib, gently resting Catalina on her chest so that she could feed her. The little girl briefly opened her blue eyes before she settled once more, earning a small smile on Olivia’s face.

“You know” Iker whispered gently, causing Olivia to jump slightly “I would be happy to do every feed if you’d let me” he added, leaning his figure against the door frame.

“You’re supposed to be asleep” Olivia replied, ensuring that Catalina was comfortable “Your coach will blame me if you’re half asleep when you’re playing” she added.

Iker shrugged his shoulder. “It’s fine” he commented “I have played on less sleep, besides, I couldn’t resist a chance to see my two favourite girls all in one place” he enthused.

Olivia shook her head. “You’ve seen a lot of us together in the last week, Iker” she replied softly “Go back to bed, I will be back there in a little while” she added softly. She found it sweet, his desire to see her and their children all of the time, but she wasn’t going to let it be the reason that his form started to drop. It wouldn’t be long before he contemplated the decision to retire and Olivia wanted him to go out on a high when the time came.

Iker smiled gently and padded deeper into the room, settling himself on the floor beside the chair that Olivia sat in. “I’m awake now” he whispered, his dark eyes peeking at Catalina who gurgled slightly “And I am probably not going to go back to sleep until you’re in there with me, so looks like you’re going to have to put up with me for a little while” he mused.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re a pain” she commented, gently slapping the back of his head.

“But you love me” Iker teased, a wide grin on his face.

Olivia nodded. “I do” she mused “I don’t quite know why, but I do” she teased.

Iker scoffed. “You love me for loads of reasons and you know it too” he quipped, a pout on his face.

Olivia giggled. “You should see your face right now” she mused “You look like a little boy who just got his toys taken off him” she added, another laugh bubbling out of her mouth.

Iker rolled his eyes before he straightened up a little, his hand pulling Olivia into a soft kiss. “I have been doing some thinking” he whispered, keeping her close to him.

“There’s a first time for everything” Olivia joked gently.

Iker offered her a slightly sarcastic smile before he pecked her lips once more. “It’s about us and about something I promised my madre when she found out about you and me having gotten married in secret” he explained.

“You mean the second wedding you seemed to think I was oblivious to?” she teased.

Iker nodded. “I was thinking that we could do it over the winter break” he explained.

“You mean around Christmas?” she posed.

Iker nodded his head. It was a cliché, getting married at Christmas, but he had to admit that he kind of liked the idea. He already loved the time of year and was sure that he would love it more if he had the chance to celebrate his marriage to Olivia amongst the festivities.

“You want to get married at Christmas?” Olivia posed gently, a little surprised by his admission.

“It seems like the right sort of time” the keeper mused with a little shrug “Lina would be coming up on 6 months and Thiago would be almost 2, so they wouldn’t make much of a fuss. I don’t have to rush off to a game or anything and we could be in Madrid” he explained.

Olivia listened to him ramble before she moved to burp Catalina, placing the little girl back in her crib. She thought it was sweet, the way he rambled around her still, and she hoped he would never lose it. It was one of her favourite things about him. Ensuring that Catalina was warm enough, she turned back to her husband and held out her hand, helping him back to his feet. “Who knew you were such a hopeless romantic?” she teased as she took his hand, gently moving to lead him back to their bedroom.

“It’s one of those things you love about me, remember?” he teased, dropping a kiss on her cheek.

Olivia giggled and sat down on the side of the bed, her blue eyes peeking up at him. “You really want to get married at Christmas?” she posed.

Iker smiled. “Yeah, I would like that” he mused, moving to stand ahead of her.

Olivia smiled. “Then I guess I will have to check my schedule” she teased, moving to lean back against the mattress.

Iker rolled his eyes and moved to stand over her. “Check your schedule?” he posed, placing his hands on either side of her head, leaning his face closer to hers.

Olivia smirked. “I am a busy woman, Iker” she teased, trying not to laugh “I have things that I could be doing near Christmas. You don’t know” she mused, her blue eyes peeking up at his.

Iker rolled his eyes and ducked his head, kissing her gently.

Olivia kissed him back gently before she leaned away from him, softly nodding her head. “Christmas seems good to me” she whispered, earning a smile on his face.