‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

45: How Did I Get You?

“Are you sure that you will be alright by yourself?” Olivia posed as she ran her fingers through her hair, smoothing out the last kinks. It was a strange thought, the idea that she was leaving Iker in sole charge of both of their children, but it was one she was learning to love. She adored her children, she loved being around them, but she couldn’t quite remember the last time that she had had a girls’ day, something that Callie had promised her. It had been about a week and a half since Catalina had entered the world and after the initial fuss, things were calming down a little, something which had afforded her the chance to spend the day with her best friend. They weren’t going to do much, with Callie almost 6 months pregnant, there really wasn’t that much they could do, but she was excited at the prospect. She had missed Callie and with Catalina having drawn most of the attention in the last week or so, she was excited to catch up with her before she made the trip back to Madrid.

Iker, who was sat on their bed with Thiago in his lap, smiled. “Nena, they’re babies. What can they realistically do to me?” he teased, tickling Thiago’s side gently, earning a small giggle from the little boy.

Olivia snorted. “I am sure you said something along those lines when I left you and Thiago alone for the first time and when I got back, you almost passed out” she teased, moving to collect her light cardigan from the side.

“I did not” Iker retorted.

“You were snoring on my living room floor within ten minutes of me getting home” Olivia replied “I took pictures” she added, a grin on her face.

“It was a shock to the system” Iker defended.

Olivia smiled. “You don’t think two of them would be an even bigger shock to your system?” she teased, moving to pull on her shoes.

“I am better prepared this time around, querida, I have more experience and I will be fine. We’ll be Ok, won’t we Thiago?” he posed, placing a gentle kiss on Thiago’s cheek. The little boy wrinkled his nose, something which made Olivia smile. It had almost been inevitable, with Iker having missed the first 3 months of his son’s life, it was almost certain that Thiago would be a mama’s boy, but Olivia couldn’t help but adore it. She loved the way his little face lit up when she walked into a room or the way he would hug her close whenever she attempted to put him down to sleep.

Iker noted the smile on her face and spared one of his own, feeling just a little proud that he had played a role in creating the smile that existed on Olivia’s face. “Nena” he nudged “If you don’t go now, you’ll be late for lunch and I am not having Callie kick me for that” he teased.

Olivia nodded and padded over towards the bed, pressing a kiss to both Iker and Thiago’s foreheads. “Lina should be up in half an hour or so. Her bottle is in the fridge and you will have to warm it up OK?” she posed.

Iker smiled. “Nena, I have watched her before. I will be fine, stop worrying and have fun. You deserve a chance to relax” he mused.

Olivia offered him a slightly dubious look before she nodded her head, quickly leaving the room before she had second thoughts. Iker watched after her before he turned his eyes towards Thiago, offering him a little smile. “We’ll be Ok, won’t we buddy?” he posed, moving the dark hair out of his son’s eyes. Thiago stared back at his father for a moment before he moved to try and crawl out of his arms, something which made Iker sigh.

Something told him that looking after the children was going to be harder than he thought.

~#~
“You know, for a girl that gave birth less than two weeks ago, you’re looking ridiculously good” Callie grinned as she wrapped her arms around Olivia, greeting her softly.

Olivia smiled gently and hugged her back before she moved to take her seat, her blue eyes peeking at the bump which her friend sported. “You know, I can’t quite wrap my head around the idea that you’re going to have a baby” she smiled as she moved to pick up her menu.

Callie smiled. “It is a strange thought” she chuckled softly “But I can’t wait. We have a nursery made up back home for our little princess and I can’t wait to have her in there. I finally understand why you got so excited when you were about to have Thiago” she mused, recalling the way that Olivia had been before the birth of her son.

“It’s going to be a girl?” Olivia smiled.

Callie nodded. “We found out a few weeks ago, but I didn’t want to overshadow the birth of your beautiful little girl” she admitted.

Olivia shook her head. “You didn’t have to keep it a secret. I am thrilled for you, Cal, and I can’t wait for Thiago and Catalina to meet their new playmate” she grinned enthusiastically.

Callie smiled appreciatively before she peeked down at her menu. “Can I ask you something, Liv?” she posed, pointing out the food she wanted to the waiter who lingered beside the table.

Olivia smiled. “Anything, Cal, you know that” she mused.

“What would you say if I asked you to be the godmother of my daughter?” Callie posed, her eyes peeking up at the other woman.

Olivia blinked. “Me?” she posed.

“Of course. You’re my best friend and you’re wonderful mother. If anything should happen, god forbid, then I would want my daughter to be with you” Callie replied.

Olivia chewed her lip, touched by the question, before she nodded. “Of course I would. I’d love to, Callie” she whispered.

Callie grinned. “Good, because I was going to badger you relentlessly until you accepted” she teased before she reached over, pulling her friend into a hug. Olivia hugged her back tightly and smiled, amazingly touched by the question.

~#~
Pulling the door open, Olivia padded into the hall, her ears greeted by the soft sounds of Thiago’s laughter. Smiling, she set her bag down on the side and padded into the living room, her blue eyes watching as Iker made a series of funny faces at the little boy, his arms gently swaying Catalina who whimpered. Olivia thought about speaking, but opted to leave it for a few seconds, her eyes marveling at the adorable sight. They looked cute, the three of them together, and it made Olivia ever prouder that they were her little family. They were wonderful and it made Olivia wonder what she had done to deserve them.

“Do we want mama to come and sit with us, Thiago?” Iker’s voice chirped, drawing Olivia’s attention back to them, her blue eyes noting the wide smile that her husband wore.

“You weren’t supposed to notice me. I was watching you quietly” she replied, a teasing smile on her lips.

“Oli, you’re about as subtle as a slap in the face” Iker retorted with a grin “I heard you put your bag down outside” he mused.

Olivia shook her head and padded over to the couch, lifting Thiago into her lap. “Did you have fun with papa?” she posed softly, kissing the little boy’s head.

Thiago nodded and turned to look up at his mother, sparing a toothy grin that made her heart melt.

She didn’t know how she had gotten them, but she knew she wasn’t going to let them go easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comments :)