‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

48: The Bride-To-Be

“No Catalina?” Callie posed gently as she and Olivia padded through her home. It had been a few months, it was nearing the end of October and with their second wedding lingering just a couple of months away, Olivia had made the trip back to Madrid, wanting to sure up a couple of details with the wedding planner that they had hired to help them out. It had been a little difficult, with them being based in LA, it had been a little challenging to organize things, but thanks to Carmen and Callie, things were slowly shaping up, something that Olivia knew pleased Iker. She knew he would never admit it, but she could tell that he was at least slightly excited at the prospect of having a proper wedding. It was something she knew he had thought about a lot when he had been with Sara and, even despite the fact he was insisting that they were doing it for his mother, she knew that a least part of him was giddy at the prospect of seeing her in a wedding dress.

“Iker insisted that he take care of her. He didn’t want me making the trip back with two little ones” Olivia mused, gently hugging Thiago a fraction closer.

“I can only imagine how fun long distance flights are with children” Callie teased.

“You’ll get to enjoy that soon enough” Olivia replied, gesturing to her friend’s bump “How long are we away from welcoming your little girl into the world, Cal?” she posed gently.

Callie giggled, something which made Olivia grin. She had been worried, just a few months previous, Callie had considered ending her relationship with Jacob, but she was pleased to see that the other couple were going from strength to strength. She liked Jacob, he had been good to Callie, and she was pleased that things were panning out for them. Olivia wanted her best friend happy.

“We’re about 3 days away from my due date, but the way Jacob talks, we could be waiting for a while. He was over 2 weeks late and I was 1 week later” she explained.

Olivia nodded her head. “So what are the chances of you going into labour today?” she posed, settling Thiago down on the couch were he proceeded to fall asleep, his pacifier hanging loosely out of his mouth.

“Slim” Callie replied, her eyes marveling at her godson. She couldn’t quite believe that he was over a year old.

Olivia followed her friend’s stare and smiled, her blue eyes too marveling at the adorable little boy who snuffled gently. “They grow up quick, Cal” she murmured as she gently sat at her son’s side “It seems like yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time and now look at him” she mused affectionately.

“He looks like his papa” Callie commented, smiling gently.

Olivia nodded her head. “He does” she confirmed softly.

“How is San Iker by the way?” Callie posed gently “The last I heard, you two were still basking in marital bliss” she teased.

Olivia thought for a second. Things had been good, after the altercation they had had over Riley, things had fallen back into a routine, and it pleased Olivia, even if she did still have her guard up slightly. She liked the way they were and wanted to keep it that way for a while. It had become comfortable to them. “He’s remarkably good” she enthused gently, the smile she always got when she spoke about him prominent on her face. “He’s still playing, which I know he is enjoying, and he’s still in love with looking after Catalina. He’s done almost every night feed since she was born and I can only imagine the fit he is going to throw when she starts dating. He’s definitely going to be strict with it” she teased gently.

“I am not surprised” Callie mused “He used to vet the guys you went out with and that was before he realized that he had feeling for you” she teased.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I think he knew a little while before he made his move” she mused.

“I think everyone knew before he made his move” Callie teased.

Olivia shook her head. “On the subject of my husband, do you have the planning book? Isla said that she had given it to you” she mused.

Callie nodded her head and waddled towards the shelf, pulling out the binder that had been left behind by the wedding planner. “She said that she’s got almost everything sorted, the only thing that you and Iker need to be concerned with is the wedding dress, the bridesmaids’ dresses and Iker’s suit. The rest of it is in this binder awaiting the bride’s approval” Callie explained, placing the binder into Olivia’s hand.

“Talking of bridesmaids. I have a question for you” Olivia mused, flicking through the selection of printed papers that Isla had given to Callie.

“You do?” Callie posed, her eyebrow cocked amusedly.

“Don’t play coy, Cal” Olivia muttered “You know that you’re the only one I would consider asking. You’re godmother to my son and you know that I am about to ask to be my maid of honor” she commented.

Callie smiled. “And you know that you really don’t have to ask” she mused “I’d be more than happy to do it” she smiled.

Olivia returned her grin before she turned her attention back to the binder, scanning the pages with a little smile. It was still a little way off, the wedding had been organized for the 23rd of December so that it didn’t detract from Catalina’s very first Christmas, but staring at the pages in her lap made it all a little more real to Olivia. It was silly, she had already married Iker and she was thrilled that she had, but the idea of having a ceremony in front of their family and friends excited her somewhat. She had never been the type, as a little girl, she hadn’t been the one who planned her wedding with friends or played bride with her stuffed toys, but as the day got ever closer, Olivia could feel the butterflies growing. It was just another step in affirming her relationship with Iker and the idea of making it official in front of everyone she knew made her a little dizzy.

Part of her was excited to be the bride-to-be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter :)