‹ Prequel: Run Away With My Heart

Hear Your Heart

49: I Can’t Wait

“Are you sure that you want to do this right now?” Olivia posed as she spared a dubious at Callie, her eyes fixed on the other girl’s large baby bump. It had been a couple of days, after landing, Olivia had taken a few days to reacclimatize to Madrid, but she was a little wary about taking Callie wedding dress shopping. It was only a matter of time before she gave birth and Olivia didn’t want to push her too far. She knew just how uncomfortable it could be when a baby was late.

“I am certain” Callie replied, waddling into the store behind Olivia “You’re only here for another 3 days and I am not letting you go without a dress on hold. You’re not going to get much more of a chance to come back here between now and the wedding” she added.

“I know, Cal, but you’re on the verge of bursting. I think I can handle dress shopping by myself” Olivia noted, helping her friend into a seat beside a rack of wedding dresses which had been set aside for the brunette. It was a little odd, Olivia had never really been one for attention, but she had noticed it since she had arrived back in Madrid. There were more people with cameras and more people fussing over her.

“I am not leaving you to do this by yourself, Liv” Callie refuted, shaking her head.

“It’s picking out a dress” Olivia returned “It’s not exactly rocket science” she added.

“It might be for you” Callie smirked.

“I am not that terrible when it comes to fashion, Cal” Olivia dismissed, shaking her head.

“I have seen some of the stuff you have started to wear post-birth. It’s not good, Liv” Callie teased.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You won’t be laughing when you have to try and put something on days after giving birth. It’s not fun, Callie” she mused, her fingertips running over the selection of dresses.

“Just stop complaining” Callie mused, leaning out to pick up one of the dresses “Try this on” she added, passing it over to Olivia who shook her head gently, padding into the dressing room.

Callie watched her go before she felt a little twinge in her stomach, causing her to grimace a fraction. It wasn’t the first one, she had been having milder contractions for a couple of hours, but she didn’t want to worry Olivia. She was still a way off giving birth and she didn’t want Olivia fussing, not when they still needed to find her a dress.

~#~
“Are you sure about this one, Cal?” Olivia posed as they stood at the cash register, Olivia’s blue eyes fixed on the light lace dress which they had picked out.

“Certain” Callie replied, gritting her teeth.

Olivia frowned. “Callie?” she posed.

“We may need to get to the hospital” Callie replied.

Olivia’s eyes widened. “How far apart are the contractions?” she posed, stepping a little closer to her friend.

“A minute or so” Callie replied.

“Cal” Olivia whimpered “Sweetie, you should have told me before. A minute a part is not good, it means we’re probably not going to make it to a hospital in time” she explained, her eyes scanning Callie’s face softly.

“What? I need Jacob, I need a hospital” Callie protested, grimacing as another contraction pushed through her.

“I am sorry, Callie” Olivia apologized gently “Miss, we need you to call an ambulance and then I am going to need some warm water, a towel, and some scissors” she replied, turning to the cashier who nodded her head, busying herself with fulfilling Olivia’s demands. Olivia watched her go briefly before she turned back to Callie, leading her towards a secluded part of the store where she sat her down gently, offering her the brightest smile she could muster. “You should have told me, Callie” she murmured as she helped the other girl get comfortable in her spot.

“I didn’t want you fussing” Callie replied, gritting her teeth.

“You’re in labour, Cal. I think I am entitled to fuss over that” Olivia replied, her hands moving to pull down her friend’s jeans, setting them to one side.

“You needed me here” Callie noted.

“Not in labour, Callie. I think we could have postponed” she mused as she peeked down, spotting the top of the baby’s head. “You need to push, Callie” she noted, offering her friend a look.

“What?” Callie squeaked.

“You need to push. I can see her head and you need to push. Take my hand and push” Olivia encouraged, looking up at her friend who stared back at her fearfully “It’s going to be OK” she assured.

Callie blinked a little, but gripped onto Olivia’s hands, squeezing it tightly as she gave the largest push she could muster.

~#~
“Hola?” Iker’s voice was slightly groggy as he answered the phone, a sound that made Olivia smile gently.

“Hola” she replied “I just wanted to check in. I know I missed out Skype call earlier” she mused, padding around the hospital corridor quietly.

“You did” Iker replied, his voice muffled with a yawn.

“Do you want to know why?” Olivia teased, moving to sit down on a chair.

“Why?” Iker posed.

“I was helping Callie give birth to her daughter” Olivia enthused, a dumb smile on her face. It had been terrifying, for the most part, Olivia had been acting on instinct given the two labours she had been through with Thiago and Catalina, but in the end it had worked out. Callie had given birth to a beautiful little girl and Olivia couldn’t have been happier for her friend. Callie deserved it.

“What?” Iker chuckled.

“I was her midwife” Olivia replied proudly.

“You were?” Iker posed.

Olivia hummed. “She’s a beautiful little girl, Iker” she enthused softly.

“I bet she doesn’t have a patch on ours” Iker replied softly “She misses you by the way. I can’t seem to settle her” he added, his voice wavering slightly.

Olivia rested her head against the wall and smiled. “I miss her” she murmured “And I know Thiago misses you. He keeps saying papa over and over again” she quipped.

“When are you home?” Iker noted “I don’t know how many more night I can come home to an empty bed for” he added.

“I’ll be home in a couple of days” Olivia replied “I picked out a wedding dress” she added.

“You did?” Iker posed.

“I did. It’s beautiful and I can already tell that you’re going to love taking it off” she teased.

“I can’t wait to see it” Iker mused, a sleepy yawn bubbling down the line.

“I know that I loved the way we got married, I wouldn’t change it for the world, but I am a little excited about the wedding, Iker” she admitted softly.

“I know the feeling, Oli” Iker replied, his voice growing heavier by the second.

“I can’t wait to see you again” she mused.

“I…I love you” he mumbled out sleepily.

Olivia giggled, listening for a moment as his small snores echoed down the line. “I love you too, idiota” she whispered fondly before she hung up the phone, a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and TwiHardPotterFan for the comments :)