Just a Dream

III.

-Vic's P.O.V.-
We came back to the apartment around 2:30am after another successful day at the recording studio. However, I just can't come up with any lyrics to finish up this song that I've been writing for a while now. Right now, all I have is the title, first verse, and the chorus done. I'm usually not the type to have writer's block, but boy, is it hitting me hard right now.
"I'm hungry!" Jaime whined.
"Me too!" Tony piped in, sounding like a little kid.
"Well, what do you guys want to eat then?" I asked them. I have to admit, I was pretty hungry too.
"PIZZA!!!" the two cheered in unison.
"Alright, alright! Calm down!" I laughed, "Pepperoni okay?"
"And vegetarian!" Tony yelled.
I shook my head and chuckled as I pulled out my phone to order in the children's pizzas. Thankfully, the pizza around joints here are open late.
I just had confirmed our order when I heard Mike call out from the other room.
"Uh, guys? I think you should come here and take a look at this."
The three of us walked in to see him on his laptop looking at YouTube videos.
"What is it?" Jaime asked.
That's when I heard it. That that all too familiar voice. But it can't be her. She's just a girl that my mind created in my dreams. I looked over at the screen and lo and behold, it's the girl from my dreams. And she's singing...Kissing in Cars? How could she be singing that song if we don't even have it all recorded?
"Lately, I’ve been having these dreams about Pierce the Veil performing this song…”
What? She's been dreaming of us performing this? What are the chances?
"What do you want to do about this, Vic?" Mike asked as the video ended.
I shook my head and looked at my brother. "What?"
"What do you want to do about this girl and this video? She obviously stole this song from us somehow; I don't have a clue how, but somehow. And she can't keep this uploaded if we plan on releasing it on our next album."
"I know, I know. It looks like her profile only has her name, age, and stuff but doesn't look like it has any sort of address so I'll just message her on here." I took his laptop and started typing out the message.
Just as I sent it, someone knocked on the door. "PIZZA!!!!!!!" Jaime yelled as he and Tony ran out to get it.
Mike laughed as he watched the two battle to get to the door first. "Do you think that message will be enough to have her take down that video?" He asked me.
"I hope so..." I replied, "Speaking of which. This may sound crazy; but you know how I've been dreaming about a girl lately?"
"Yeah...?" Mike answered cautiously.
"Well, like I said, this may sound crazy; but that's her." I pointed to his laptop.
"Wait. So she's an actual person??"
"I guess so...I'm just as flabbergasted as you, bro."
I restarted the video just as I heard Tony say "Uh, Vic? We need money to pay the pizza dude..."
-Avery's P.O.V.-
Sunlight hit my eyes and I looked over at my clock and saw that it was only 9:27am. I groaned and cursed the sun for being up at such an ungodly hour. I rolled over onto my pillow and was about to fall back asleep until I remembered the video I uploaded last night. I logged into my YouTube account and saw a notification for 27 new comments on the video. Now, I'm not a very religious person, but I still closed my eyes and prayed to God that someone knows this song and will cure me of my insanity.
I clicked on the notification link and my hopes dropped when I read that all the comments read something along the lines of "WOW! You're amazing!", "This is so good! Did you write this yourself?", and "I wish this was an actual song so I could download it!"
What am I going to do now? Continue to go mad as I have the same dream over and over again? I ran my hands over my face and took a deep breath. No. I'm not going to let this take over my life. Not today at least. I decided to take a hot shower and just get ready for whatever the day has in store for me.
Grabbing my clothes, I headed into my bathroom. After turning on the water to warm up, I connected my iPod to the bluetooth speaker. After finding the right "shower" song, I hopped in.
I'm, I'm already gone.
I'm already something to someone that I don't know,
When will I know?
And I'm, I'm out making rounds
on every side of town that i've been through, that I know
to find a reason to come back home.
I sang my heart out along to the song playing and slowly started to feel the stress from the stupid song melt away with the water that flowed down the drain. Three more songs passed and I figured that I took a long enough shower.
I dried off, put my clothes on, and wrapped my hair up in the towel. I walked over to my laptop and saw a notification that I hadn't noticed earlier; it was a new private message. Tilting my head from curiousity, I clicked on the notification, my eyes widened and my heart stopped as I read what was written to me:
Hello Miss Lennox,
My name is Vic from the band Pierce the Veil and I just wanted to let you know that the band and I kindly ask you to take down your latest video. I cannot really explain to you as to why we are making this request, except by saying that that song is ours and we cannot have it out in the open while we are in the process of finishing and recording it. If you have any questions, concerns, or anything, feel free to message back.
Thank you,
Vic Fuentes