Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

3. Half the Joy of Leaving is the Space I Left behind

The excitement I felt when Jesse brought me the orange chicken only made me more determined. I still had two more people to visit. Later in the day, and after I ate the delicious food, I sneaked into my parent's room in search of something of each of theirs. My entire life I had been the punching bag for my entire family, now they were going to see the tables turn. I grabbed a tube of my mother's favorite lipstick, one that she had used to much it was worn down to only a couple more applications anyway, and sure to have some DNA on it. And for my dad, I took a used razor with some hairs still in the blades.

Unfortunately, this spell worked off the cycle of the moon, so I wouldn't be able to perform it fully, for them just yet. I still did the main parts though and buried their respective jars under the tree with Jesse's. Then I marked my calendar and set reminders for myself to burn their candles on the next full moon.

For now I would need to try some other things out. For all the things I have believed in over all of these years, I never gave any merit to the idea of psychics. Palm reading, visions, I barely even believe in Tarot, but after recent events, I'm more inclined to give these people a shot. There has been a palm reader in town for a few years, I think it's about time I pay her a visit.

Finding her little office was easy. She wasn't in a very popular part of town, so parking was easy to find. I eased my old beat up Honda into an empty lot. I wasn't even sure if anyone would be here, the place sure looked abandoned. By the time I got out of my car and started for the door though, she was already standing outside, watching me walk over to her steps.

"I've been expecting you." She told me, turning her back on me to lead me inside. Her tall, thin frame lead me to a clothed tabled with grace. She held out an elegant ebony hand, gesturing for me to sit. I complied and she gave me her next instruction. "Give me your hand."

We sat across the small table from each other, my right hand, palm up in hers. She just stared at my hand for what seem like an eternity, before finally speaking.

"You are heading down a very dangerous path, child." She said, dropping my hand and running a hand through her short, curly black hair. She sighed and pulled a cigarette from the pack that was sitting next to her on the table. She lit it, took a long, cathartic drag and as she exhaled, in almost a sigh, she added. "But I know you are aware and don't care. So, why come to me, if you will not take any of my advice?"

before I could answer she continued, "Because you recently came into your power, and through evil means I might add, and you are just curious about what other powers are legitimate. I can understand that, you still don't have any idea what you are dealing with though." She paused to take another puff from of cigarette. "I could tell you so many things right now, but they wouldn't matter a damn thing. I may be able to help you though." She reached into a bag that was propped open next to her and pulled out a slip of paper and a pen. She scribbled on it for a moment before handing it over to me. "Call this number. Tell her Sky gave you the number. She will understand and be able to help you."

Taking the card from her, I was very confused. "I don't need anyone's help."

"Oh, but you do Lily." Skye looked me dead in the eyes. "What you have planned is going to be complete chaos. You do not[ fully understand what you are doing. I am a neutral party, I am not going to try and stop you, but I will at least help you go about things in a more informed way. Talk to Selisha, she will guide you to your proper path, and leave out the messy self trial and error you have planned. There is definitely to need for that. Selisha is a good teacher. She isn't free though, and neither am I."

Before I could even begin to reach for my wallet, she struck me down.

"I don't want your money, girl. Money is common, and so often, worthless. no, I require something, more. I won't ask you of it now, as this meeting hasn't been much, but you come back and see me after meeting with Selisha a few times, then we can discuss payment."

At this point I felt a bit defeated. She knew everything I was going to do and say before I could even do or say it! So I just nodded my head, stood up and before walking out the door I looked her in the eyes and said, "I'm not going to try to say anything clever, as you know what I'm going to say before even I do, but I'll see you again, and next time, I expect to have an actual conversation. You won't know my actions before I do."

All she did was smile, knowingly at me and nod as I turned and walked out the door. That was such a bizarre encounter. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about it, and I don't knot if I want to get involved with this "Selisha" person. Who knows what kind of influence she may try to have over me. Still, it would be interesting to hear her out, and having someone to learn from instead of fumbling around on my own would be a good thing. If there's one thing that psychic was right about (and let's be honest, she was right about everything) it's that I'm currently chaotic in my plans. I took a deep breath, suddenly wishing I had a cigarette to calm my nerves, even though I have never even smoked a day in my life, not have I ever wanted to before. I pulled my cell phone out of my purse and slowly dialed the number Skye had written on the little slip of paper. While waiting for an answer I fumbled with the little scrap of paper nervously, folding and unfolding it. I was speechless when I finally heard her voice.

"Hello, Lily." A woman's voice smiled at me, sounding awfully familiar.

"How do you know my name? Did Skye call you?" Come to think of it, I never told her my name either, but she's a psychic so I didn't think much of it then.

"No, she didn't." A hearty laugh followed. "I am Skye's sister though, we were both lucky enough to be born with the gift. Probably a perk to being twins." I could her her amusement shining through the phone.

"So she was just fucking with my by telling me to tell you she gave me your number?" I was annoyed, and I couldn't even properly think my irritation.

"Now, now, just because she chose to have a little fun doesn't mean she's a bitch. And neither am I. If you want my help you can't be thinking about us that way." She scolded.

"It's healthy to think anger out." I replied.

"Well, wait until we aren't around then." She laughed again. "I know what you want, and what you need. Meet me behind that New Age store you visited the day you got your powers. Tomorrow at eleven o'clock at night. Bring your magic books."

"Is there anything else-" I started asking before she interrupted.

"No, just your books, and you. See you then love!" She hung up on me. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this partnership, whatever it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to put out. I have been working a lot! Hope you all enjoy!