All of Me

Chapter 1

"What would I do without your smart mouth. Drawing me in, and you kicking me out.You got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down. What's going on in that beautiful mind"

I knew it was a mistake to keep listening to that song. I turned on the radio but I couldn't bring myself to change it. I was supposed to be on my way to a divorce lawyer. Somehow I couldn't make myself leave the driveway, as the memories of our engagement, wedding and the birth of our son came flooding back.

I could take the lies and disappointments that came with being married to a hockey player, but I didn't want my son to keep being disappointed. Thankfully my brother had come up from Chicago to watch Logan. My husband was at practice. Smiling at the memories, I had forgotten why I was even in the car.

*February 14, 2010*

There was a afternoon game, and the boys weren't due back for until that evening. My boyfriend was a late scratch and I thought nothing of it. When everyone is healthy there is no telling who is a late scratch. I had just gotten comfortable on the couch with leftover pizza when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I asked the man with roses on the other side of the door.

"I may or may not have faked an injury so I could come home to my girl." I shook me head.

"You better not get in trouble. But thank you for the flowers." I let him in, and put the flowers in the case and water.

"This is your house and you have a key, why not use the key?" I asked as we settled on the couch.

"I didn't want to scare you babe." He kissed my forehead.

After the game, he wanted to take me out for Valentine's Day. He told me he laid out a dress in the guest bedroom. I guess he knew I wouldn't go in there unless we had company. He had bought a really expensive purple dress.

"Kyle, this is too much. I can't wear this dress." He was leaning against the door frame.

"You let me worry about the money Ashleigh. Now go get ready."

I hated when he spent his money on me. We ended up going to an expensive French restaurant that we liked called Black Cat Bistro.

After dinner, we went to ScotiaBank Arena to go skating. I loved skating, even if it meant Kyle had to hold onto me the whole time. I could skate, don't get me wrong, I was just having trouble stopping. Kyle had disappeared into the hallway and came back, helping me out of my skates. Walking down towards the locker room, I see the boys, and I think nothing of it. As I mentioned earlier they were due back that evening.

"We have a favour to ask you Ash. And think long and hard about your answer." Lehner said and I nodded.

One by one starting with Anderson, Lazar, Neil, Condra and ending with Karlsson, they asked "Will you marry our boy?"

After Erik, there was Kyle kneeling on the ground with a small box in his hand. "Ashleigh Nicole Seabrook, I knew the moment I met you that you were different. I knew that you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and raise my future kids with. 'I'll give my all to you. You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you.'[\i] So Will you do me the honour and be Mrs. Kyle Turris?"

I was in tears. Kyle was the sweetest man I'd ever met, because my brother of course. I decided to make him sweat it out a bit. "I don't know Ky, did you ask my brothers permission?"

He was nervous and he bit his lip. "No." He looked so sad.

"Good. Because you don't need it. Yes, I'll marry you." I smiled and kissed him.

"Sorry, I needed you to feel how it felt everytime you get hurt or hit." I bit my lip.

"That was a good one Ash. Really had me believing you'd say no."

I laughed. "Please Kyle, you know I've wanted to marry you."
♠ ♠ ♠
All Italecs are lyrics to the song