All of Me

Chapter 3

*April 16, 2012*

It was a long pregnancy on both of us. With Kyle traveling throughout the season and my mood swings. I felt so bad for Kyle. He was a trooper through it all, managing the stress of the hockey season and I know I was adding to it.

It was the start of the playoffs. Okay so it was game three, and it was a home game that night. I had felt cramping for the past week.

"Ky. I don't think you'll be going to morning skate." I had managed to waddle to the closest where he was getting dressed.

Even before we got married, he would always get dressed in the closest so the light wouldn't wake me up.

"Your son has the worst timing. My water just broke." Kyle pulled on his shirt, grabbed my hospital bag, helped me to the car and drove to the hospital.

In the beginning I didn't have that much pain. However, by one p.m. I was in pain and five centimeters dialated.

"If Logan isn't here by-" I winced, grabbing Kyle's hand as he rubbed my arm.

"If it's five and he isn't here yet, go to the game."

"Ash, I'm not leaving you. I promised I'd be by your side."

Two hours later, Logan's heart rate was dropping and they needed to do a cesarean on me.

"Kyle I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." I cried. Kyle was the best thing to happen to me.

"Shh it's okay. Logan will be just fine and we will get to take him home, and I'll be able to play."

Logan Kyle Turris was born at five thirty p.m. Weighing seven pounds, five ounces, and twenty one inches long.

"He's perfect Ashleigh." Kyle kissed me. "You did so good baby. I'm so proud of you."

It all started when Logan was a year old. Up until then, everything was pretty normal or as normal life with a hockey husband and a baby can be.

***********

*Present day*

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my son and my nephew banging on my window of the car.

"Mommy! Auntie Ashleigh!" They kept alternating until I opened my car door.

"What is it baby?" I asked picking both boys up and setting them on my lap.

"You should come inside. Mommy why are you crying?" Logan asked.

"Because I miss daddy. It's been a while since we have been like your Aunt Dayna and Uncle Brent."

I hated lying to my son. "Go inside boys. I'm sure Uncle Brent needs you." I put on a brave face.

The boys ran inside and I dried my tears, still in my car. There was another knock on my door, unaware of the car that just parked behind me.

There was another knock on my window and I just assumed it was Brent.

"What do you want Brent?" I looked up and it wasn't Brent.

"Ash come inside. We need to talk." I got out of my car and I followed him inside.

Once we got in the car, I told the boys to go upstairs. Brent was hesitant to leave me alone but he did once I reassured him it would be fine.

"I'm sorry I've been distant, and I wish I could say it was all hockey stress." He said as we sat at opposite ends of the room.

"I can't keep putting Logan through this. I can handle it, but he can't. You have to think about our son!" I yelled in a whisper.

"I know Ash. I'm sick in a way. I have blood clots, and I didn't want to say anything until I was sure. I don't think we should put Logan through that."

I sighed. "I was going to get divorce papers drawn up, but I couldn't do it. I didn't even leave the garage."

"So you'd be willing to put out son through a divorce?!"

"Not willingly. I couldn't take the secrecy Kyle. I love you too damn much to get divorced. I miss what we used to be." I cried, getting up and walking over to him.

"I don't want a divorce either. You and Logan are my world and I didn't want to worry you for nothing. I told you when we got married that 'you're my end and my beginning.' And I meant it Ashleigh. You and me together until the end."

Kyle kissed me with a spark. Let's just saw we found the ignition again. Kyle and I still weren't perfect but hey who isn't when you have a hockey husband, a energetic four year old, and a unborn baby. Not to mention a big brother who wouldn't leave you alone, even if he was in the States and you were in Canada. Did I mention I was pregnant? Yeah that was one of the reasons I didn't have it in me to go to the lawyer to get divorce papers drawn up. Our baby boy (yes another boy) would be born any day now, to be named Matthew Brent Turris. Kyle and I couldn't be more thrilled to have two sons and hopefully a daughter in the future.