Status: WIP

Like a Ghost..

Like an idiot

"DEVIN!" I hear my name being shouted and quickly jolt up, smacking my face on the wood paneling above my bunk. "Uh.." I wince at the new pain that struck my face, "WHAT??" I yell back, totally forgetting about Ricky, who seemed to already be gone, or a dream. I quickly move my curtain and hop out of my bunk, still rubbing my forehead from my good morning smack. "Dude you've been asleep all day," Chris says holding his phone to my face. One o'clock pm. Great. I'm the late one today. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I said glaring at him while I stuck a cup of cold coffee in the microwave to heat up. "You snore and it's terrifying." Chris smirked at me and walked to the bathroom. I watched him for a moment before sitting down and opening my laptop. I scroll through the usual fan mail on my tumblr and Facebook. I open my emails, but it's nothing except fan mail and junk. I reluctantly close my laptop and run my fingers through my hair tiredly as I sip my lukewarm coffee. I sit in silence for a few moments and try to wake up the best I could. I looked around and it was just me. Where was everyone? It's like Chris and I were the only ones in the band sometimes. On our off days everyone just vanishes. Chris walks out of the bathroom and I watch as steam pours from the door and water drips from his long wet hair. "Hey Ryan texted me. He asked if we'd be interested in meeting the rest of the boys for dinner?" He smiled at me. Did I forget something today? I look at him with a questioning nod, but he took it as genuine and didn't go into detail. I stared at him for a moment while he dried his hair and looked for clothes. He was doing his best to hold onto the white towel around his waist, but it kept slipping to reveal his perfect hips. Chris had always been attractive but it was these moments when he was the most adorable person. I giggled to myself and looked down at my phone. I had a text message from Ricky. It read "Hey! Thnx for letting me stay with you last night. I was having a really bad night and just needed the company! You're the best man!" I smiled like an idiot down at my phone. I know we are friends but it's little things like this that make me want to be more. Ricky has always been an outspoken person. I, on the other hand, keep to myself and just deal with the issue at hand. Chris must've seen me smile at my phone, because when I looked up he was grinning like a big idiot. "So, what's her name?" He teased. I quickly threw a name out, "Kylie." I looked at him with a blank face. He smiled and giggled a bit, "you still talk to her?" He questioned. "Sometimes..." I let my voice trail. Kylie broke my heart several times over, but the truth is I'd let her do it again. She had a way of reaching her way into your life and squeezing your heart till it broke, then she'd leave and come back to fix it. That's the only way I could put it, but I don't feel for her like I do Ricky. "We'll be careful. I might just get tired of picking up after her," he said holding his hand in a drinking motion. I glared at him. So what I bury my sorrows in a bottle. At least I'm not a raging alcoholic. "I'm going to get dressed." I say standing to my feet and heading to my bunk. "Okay princess, don't take to long." I hear Chris shout from the main room. This was going to be a long evening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 :D