Status: WIP

Like a Ghost..

It couldn't hurt..

Chris and I drive downtown to a pretty nice restaurant. "Is this where we are meeting them?" I ask as I blow a cloud of smoke out of the window. I watch as it carries around the car, then vanishes. "Yes! This is where Ryan told us to meet him anyway." Chris parks the car and quickly gets out. He runs to my side before I could get the door open and opens it for me. "After you princess," he smiles at me like he knows something. "You don't have to keep calling me that," I say with a shivered tone. ​​The night air hit me and my whole body shivered in response. I pull the collar of my jacket up to partially cover my neck and ears. "Yeah, yeah." Chris teases as he locks the car and follows me inside.
​​​The restaurant is a nice white table cloth, romantic date like place. We find the boys pretty quick. All of them are in suits. Now that I look, so is Chris. "I'm beginning to feel quite underdressed," I say looking around. My face began to feel hot when I looked over at Ricky. His suit was straight black, a red tie, and his hair was slicked back. He smiled at me and handed me a small box with a bright colored bow on it. "Happy Birthday Devin," he giggled at me. My face must've blushed a bright red.
​​​I totally forgot my birthday. How the hell do I forget my own birthday?? I internally smack myself several times. I must've been standing silent for a while because Chris questioned me, "Are you okay?" I look back and nod. A smile crossed my face "I totally forgot my birthday," I confess. Everyone starts laughing and begins to sit down. Ricky pulls my chair out for me, "Princess," he smiled and gestures for me to sit. I slide my jacket off and sit down. Ricky takes the seat right next to mine and my heart flutters with joy. "Well," Chris starts, "you gonna open it?" He smiles.
​I slide the bow off from around the box and lifer the lid. Inside is an array of makeup and I dig through it. At the bottom is a smaller box. The tag reads 'Specifically from Ricky, Because I had to.' I smile and open the small box. Inside is two tickets to go see Slipknot. I smile and my heart feels like it's going to explode. "You guys really are the best!
​We get through dinner without a hitch and Chris and I head home. When we get to the bus I go straight to my bunk. My exhaustion got the best of me and I immediately crash. Only to be awaken some odd hours later to a really really wasted Ricky Olson. He climbed into my bunk and began poking me and loudly whispering "hey" over and over. I reluctantly roll over and am greeted with the smell of alcohol. "Devin wake up," he whimpers. "Ricky, Ricky I'm awake." I grumble. ​​He just giggles and cuddles close to me, "you're so warm," he mumbles and slurs his words. I throw my arm around him. His body was shivering and he was freezing. I quickly tuck him under a blanket and let him get warm. "You're my best *hic* friend I know," he slurs and begins his drunken hiccups. He must've drank quite a lot. "Thanks Ricky. You're mine as well," I smile. He lifts his head and without notice kisses me with a loud "MUAH!" I gasp a bit, taken aback by his kiss. He smelled like alcohol, but when I licked my lips he tasted sweet. Like fresh honey.
​I lay back, my eyes still wide open. I hear him fall asleep and decide to go to his bunk to sleep. I crawl into his bunk below mine and slide under his comforter. I feel something hard under the pillow and pull it out. It looks to be a journal of some sort. I contemplate whether or not to read it. "One entry couldn't hurt..." I whisper. I flip the book open to the most recent entry. It was from this morning. 'Good morning!' He wrote as if it were a person, 'Devin let me stay with him last night so I'm sorry I didn't write sooner. I was having horrible dreams and just couldn't function. Luckily he let me stay with him. His bunk smelled sweet and he was so warm.' I smiled at myself. It was cute what he thought of me, 'I just wish he would've held me, but he couldn't possibly want to. We are just friends. No matter how much I want him, that's all we will ever be I guess." My heart flutters at this new found information. "He...he likes.." I couldn't even whisper it I was in shock. 'Well journal...I guess we will never know.' He stopped there. I closed the book and placed it back under the pillow. I decide to return to my bunk. I climb back over the sleeping Ricky and hold him. I rub his back and slowly fall asleep my self.​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting there!!