Status: WIP

Like a Ghost..

Come Back to Me

I slowly wake up. Realizing I was in the hospital. I'm in a bed and my head is pounding. I reach up and rub my forehead. Stitches. I guess I passed out from the head wound. I stand up and get dressed. I walk out of the room and a nurse sees me. "Lay down sweet heart," she runs to my side comforting me. "I-I'm okay. I need to see my.. Friend." I hesitated on what to call him. "Let me check you out first dear," she motions for me to sit. I take a seat and let her run her tests. She finishes and clears me.

I quickly go find Ricky's room. I'm so worried about him. I walk into the room and his eyes snap towards me. "G-Ghost?" He stutters and squints. "Yes it's me. Are you okay?" I ask concerned. I grab his hand and comfort him. "I can't remember a lot. Like I know you from when we were younger, but I can't remember anything." He frowns. Tears grace his cheeks. I reach up and wipe them away. "It's okay hun," I catch myself after I say it. If he doesn't remember then that was probably weird. He looks at me confused. "Hun? I'm so lost," he giggles a bit. I open my mouth to explain but Chris walks in.

"How ya feelin Ricks?" Chris smiles. "I-I'm okay? Who are you?" Ricky looks at me for reassurance. "Chris. Your band mate?" Chris also looks at me. "Slight amnesia," I say looking up at him. He nods understandingly. "I think it's temporary," I smile at Ricky. He nods, "that's what the doc says," he shrugs and lays his head back. "I hate this," he sighs.

When we were younger Ricky was in and out of hospitals. He had an eating disorder and then his mom became very ill. He's hated them ever since. He looks at me and smiles. My cheeks feel hot and I smile back. I knew it was to good to be true. That something would happen and the moment I got him I'd lose him. Maybe he will remember our laughs, love, and sweet kisses, but maybe not.

I stand up and look at Ricky. "I'm going to go have a smoke," I smile and walk out. I step outside and light a fag. I place it gently between my lips. The nicotine hits me with a wall of relief and I release it with a large cloud of grey fog. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I spin around and my eyes lock with Chris's. "I'm sorry man," he says and light up a cig. "It's okay. I just wish he didn't have to forget," I smile trying to reassure him that I'm okay. "Ya know I respect you," Chris says looking off into the night. I perk up a bit. "Why?" I question.

Chris shrugs his shoulders. "I see how you look at him. He's the closest you have to family I guess. You care a lot and I respect that," he offers me a warm smile and pulls me into a well needed hug. "Thanks." I smile, "that means a lot." I throw the butt on the ground and stomp it out. "I'm going back in," I say and start walking. Chris grabs my wrist and I look into his eyes. "He's going to remember, and he's going to need you," Chris looks concerned for some reason. "And I'm going to be there," I smile and walk back in. What could he possibly mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know people forgetting is common but I wanna try it and add in some big twists soon. Maybe a love triangle? Don't know yet! Enjoy!!