Status: WIP

Healing Wounds

The day the music died

The crisp air burns my nostrils as I breathe in. The snow is lightly falling to the ground and I sit waiting. The trees sway in the breeze and the cold air sends shivers down my spine. "Hot coffee, my lady," I hear a warm voice coming from behind me. I turn and am greeted with a white and perfect smile. The man offering the coffee it much taller than I and has dark brown hair, and the greenest eyes I have every seen. His face is soft and sweet. "Thank you Erik," a smile graces my cheeks as I gesture for him to sit next to me.
Erik sits down and places an arm around my shoulders. He pulls me in close and tries his best to warm me up. "Ella are you feeling well? You seem paler than usual," he teases. My skin was a bright porcelain color. I was skinny and frail. My past hadn't treated me as well as I'd like, but I managed to smile and laugh off his comment. My hair blew across my face and a scent of roses welcomed itself to me. My hair was long and curly. A warm auburn color and quite unmanageable.
He brushes my hair away and places a kiss on my lips. "Come, we have much to do!" He smiles and practically jumps to his feet. I stand and follow him to our car. He grabs my hand as he pulls out onto the busy New York streets. Traffic moved slowly, but began to clear the closer we got to our apartment. We turned onto our street and that's where everything changed.
I heard the crunch of metal and the shatter of glass. A scream escaped my lungs and then everything went dark. I opened my eyes and looked around. The images were blurry. I heard muffled screams and sirens, then silence. I blacked out again. I awoke for a second time. It was the same. Blurry images of an ambulance and muffled paramedics talking. I look around and black out once more.
This time I was greeted with dreams. Erik's smile, his laugh, his soft touch. I could feel him with me. I wake up in a hospital bed. My head is pounding and my heart is surely racing. "W-what h-happened.." I stutter, but force the words out. I needed to know. The nurse smiled at me. "You were in quite the accident deary," her Scottish accent was prominent in her voice, yet somehow very soothing. "Banged up pretty bad. Ya almost didn't make it love," she checked my monitors and changed my IV bag. "Where's Erik? What happened to..ah," I moved to quickly and pain found its way through my spine. "Lie down dear you'll pull a stitch. Yer fella.." She paused and gripped my hand. I could feel my heart swell, "yer fella didn't make it love," she squeezed gently. I snatched my hand away and covered my face. Tears streamed down my cheeks. Erik was gone. I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy and I hope you'll read as more comes along!