Sleepwalking

(1) change holds me down to the places I don't want to be

{Jack}

"Get up, kid!" A voice said, followed by someone shoving my shoulder. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, groaning. I looked up to the expecting eyes of my roommate, James. He had dark green eyes and short blonde hair. He was incredibly creepy in every way and I already hated this place, even if I had only been here for one day. "We have inspection in ten minutes."

I stood up and grabbed my white shirt from the floor and pulled it up over my head. We had a dress code in here. Black or grey sweats, white tshirts, and black socks. It was bland and boring but it was fine, I guess.

I only had enough time get up, pull on some sweats and my socks, and make my bed before the lady that works in the main office came around to inspect our room. When I was signing in yesterday, I was told that they inspected rooms because they had had far too many incidents with contraband being hidden in the rooms.

"Barakat and Pooler. Please exit your room." The lady, Martha, said as she entered the room. James and I walked out of the room. I leaned against the wall in the hallway, looking across the hall and into the rec room. There were a few tables with chairs around them with decks of cards on them. They had a bookcase with some books and beanbags in the corner. There wasn't much, but it was enough for everyone here.

"Hey, Barakat!" Another voice called from down the hall. I looked to my right to see a kid that I talked to yesterday. His name was Zach or Max or something or another, which only made me miss my Zack. I didn't care enough to remember. "Word on the floor is that you've got your little boyfriend coming to visit you during visiting hours today!" His words were offensive to say the least but the way he said it seemed nice enough. He had seemed nice yesterday, too so I wasn't sure how to take his comment. I knew he was talking about Alex, though. That much was obvious.

"Oh? Is that so?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as he approached me. He stood next to me and nodded.

"Yeah, apparently someone overheard a couple of the security guards talking about something he tweeted earlier. Sucks to be famous, huh?" He chuckled, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Not really. Do you know what he tweeted?" I asked. I hadn't talked to Alex since early yesterday morning and it was already the longest we had went without at least a text or tweet.

"Something about missing you and wanting to see you today. Are you sad that you won't make the first half of the tour?"

"No. I told them to continue the tour. The fans are more important than me missing a few weeks.." I admitted to him, looking down at my feet because honestly, I was pretty upset that I wouldn't be on tour. I loved touring, it was the one thing that made me unbelievably happy.

"That's good of you, you know? I think that whether you make the first half or not, you're still there in spirit." He said with an excited smile.

I nodded and quickly ended the conversation as Martha exited our room and told us we were clear. I went back into my room and found my schedule for the day written down for me by Martha. She dropped off schedules for anyone who had something particular that day.

12:00-3:00: Visitation
3:30-5:00: Therapy (Private)
5:30: Dinner
6:30: Group therapy

Visitation was every day from 12 to 3. We could do whatever we wanted during that time if we didn't have someone coming to visit us. I just hoped that Max or Jack or Zach was right about Alex coming to see me. I already missed him more than I missed anyone else.

I checked the time. 10:13. I still had 45 minutes left to get breakfast.

"James, wanna get breakfast?" I asked him, looking across the room to see him already passed out again. I was informed that he slept a lot during the day and was up at night. So I decide to go on my own.

I sat at the empty breakfast table and watched the news on the small tv screen hanging on the wall in the corner. It was a recently new news segment on AXSTV that focused on a lot of bands and acts that weren't main streamed.

I was eating my cereal when I heard it. ""Is All Time Low the bands name, or a description? Pop punk band All Time Low are forced to replace guitarist Jack Barakat on upcoming tour dates due to what front-man Alex Gaskarth calls a 'critical misunderstanding.' Barakat was admitted into a rehabilitation center in Baltimore earlier this week. The reason for his admittance is still unknown, and very minimal word on their upcoming US tour has been spoken. Barakat's band members have not yet spoken out about His condition, however the bands twitter account tweeted the following: 'We are forced to continue on with our tour. We will have a replacement for the tour, but Jack will be back soon. Nothing but love to him.' Later this tweet was followed up by a tweet from drummer Rian Dawson: 'Much love to all of you who are as saddened as we are at this moment in time. We'll keep you updated. Love u all so dearly. See you on tour'

All Time Low will be out on the Runaway Tour this summer with special guests Pvris, Set It Off, and Issues. For tour dates and ticket information visit Alltimelow.com/tour"

I immediately stood up and threw my bowl away. I practically ran back to my room, not paying any mind to anyone around me as I went.

It hit me. It hit me hard. I was in rehab. Alex admitted me to a rehab center.

I was in rehab and I was never getting out.