Status: This is my first fic so please let me know if its okay!

I Don’t Want No One Else

My God, here comes the downside

“Don’t call us, we’ll call you. NEXT!”

It was Saturday and I was helping Alex’s band, All Time Low, find they’re new lead guitarist. So far today there were just a bunch of losers. A few could carry a tune but none of them really meshed with the band. All time Low was basically just a group of idiots who loved pop-punk. They needed someone who could match their fun loving vibe.

The double- doors opened to reveal a super tall kid with weird hair. “Hey! I’m so sorry I’m late! I had to get my step sister to drive me.” Behind him stood none other than Kellin Quinn. She had her hair in a cute little bun and was wearing a black sweater that was way too big for her.

She was the personification of adorable. I shook those weird thoughts away. “And your name is…?” Rian asked.

“Jack Barakat.”

“Well, Jack Barakat, we don’t need your life story we just need you to play.” I said rudely. I just wanted him and Kellin out of there. She was seriously starting to mess with my head. In class on Friday I found myself staring at her while she twirled her hair… I don’t know why but I figure as long as I stay away I can keep the lesbo thoughts at bay.

“…Right. Sorry.”

Jack began the first chords of Dammit by Blink 182 and we were blown away. He was sick! And all of the weird faces he was making combined with the T-shirt he was wearing that said Boner gave me the feeling that he would fit in great with the ATL boys.

When he finished we all stood and applauded. “Holy shit, dude! That was great!” Alex cheered. Jack smiled and walked over to Kellin. “So you’ll call me to let me know if I got in?”

We all looked at each other and nodded. “Call you!? Of course you’re in! welcome to All Time Low.” Alex said.

On Monday, at lunch Alex told Jack he could sit with us, which in turn meant he was bringing Kellin. Which of course, I was just finding out about now.

“Oh, come on Vic. Please? We want to make him feel welcomed in the band.” Alex begged. “Ugh, okay him I can understand but why her?” I questioned.

“Because his stepmom wants them to stick together or some shit.”

“Oh,” I roll my eyes, “I didn’t know we were having lunch with the fucking Brady Bunch. I don’t care what their stepmom says. I don’t want to spend lunch with that freak.”

“The freak who’s right behind you?” a smooth, pretty voice from behind me asks. Shit, I know that voice. I spent all first period in Music class listening to it. (Of course little-miss-perfect can sing too.)

“You know, if you guys don’t want me sitting here I can just go. I don’t need charity.”

“Really?” I say, “because the fact that you don’t have your own friends to hang with on your fourth day of school kinda points to otherwise.” I don’t know what makes me say it but as soon as I do, I regret it.

Kellin’s pretty eyes begin to glisten with tears and she shakes a little. To be honest, everyone at the table looks mad at me for saying it but Jack looks livid. “Do you really think you can speak to people like that, you-” Kellin interrupts him with a sad quiet voice.

“No, Jack it’s okay, she’s right. These are your friends. I’ll go.” She begins to walk away and Alex grabs my arm. “Do something!” He whisper-shouts.

I get up and jog over to Kellin’s retreating form. “Kellin, I’m so sorry. I-“

“Save it. I know they sent you over here. I said I don’t need charity.”

I sighed, “Listen Kellin, I don’t know why but lately Ive been getting meaner and meaner. I was really nice in middle school but I guess the popularity has gone to my head. I get away with saying some really mean things. But I want to change. I you’ll accept my apology?”

I don’t know how this girl was getting me to open up so quickly, I barely knew her. But what I said was true. My papa even told me I was developing an attitude problem.

“Fine. I guess we can start over.” She smiled.

“Friends?” I asked sticking my hand out as a truce.

“Friends.” She agreed putting her soft hand in mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry for the short chapters the next ones should be longer.
Chapter title- The Divine Zero- Pierce the Veil