Status: This is a three-shot for my bestest friend Noelllllllle

Fireworks

Hells Bells

Francesca sighed. She already knew who was calling her before ever glancing at the screen of the iPhone. The ringtone was obnoxious, the one her best friend had picked out for himself, and she ignored the blaring sound. A bubble noise sounded indicating she had a voicemail and her body relaxed into the mattress of her queen sized bed.

’I’m rolling thunder, pouring rain, I’m coming on like a hurricane.’ Lifting her face from the pillow she scowled at the gold device buzzing along the surface of her night stand. Her fingers fumbled with the volume buttons silencing the noise. Rolling over onto her back she grunted when it started back up again.

“You’re an asshole.” Her left arm laid over her eyes to block out what little light crept into her bedroom.

“But you love meeeeee.” His words were slurred, her brain barely able to distinguish what he was saying.

“Shut up. What do you want?” Her irritation rang loud and clear.

“Can you come get me?” She could picture his lopsided grin shining in her mind.

“No.” Throwing her left arm back to the mattress she spied the time on the digital clock.

“Please Frankie.” Now he was most likely pouting his lip. “I’ll love you forever.”

“You’ve already used that reasoning four times in the last two weeks. I’m not coming to get you, hail a cab.” She ended the call abruptly. Her dark eyes glared up at the white ceiling of her bedroom. Counting down from ten she had the phone in front of her face to ignore the incoming call. It was clockwork. She pressed the same button for the next five times.

2:45 AM. The red numbers taunted her.

’I’m rolli-‘

“Tyler, seriously, I have to be up in two hours to prep for the largest project of my career.”

“Francesca?” Rubbing her eyes she frowned. “It’s Jamie.”

“Please tell me he’s not passed out in a booth right now.”

“He’s not passed out in a booth right now.”

“I hate when you lie to try to make me feel better,” she groaned.

“I’m sorry Frankie. I would take him but I’ve got Rachel with me an-“

“I’ll come get him. Just text me the address.”

Throwing the covers back off her small frame she practically stomped to her bathroom. Staring at her reflection she shook her head. She was pathetic, honestly, always going to his rescue. She would sacrifice her sleep, her food, her money, all to see that stupid lopsided grin.

“Stupid. You’re fucking stupid.” She splashed cold water on her face.

The perks of having Tyler Seguin as your best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Can I be his best friend?

Image
What?

A.