Status: active

The Wolves

nightclub toilets

"Pop superstars One Direction have touched down in the US! That's right girls, the boys are back. The four-piece landed in John Wayne airport in California this afternoon after reports of the boys getting into a bar fight last Friday in London went viral. A representative for the band states that the holiday is simply a chance for the boys to wind down and enjoy the sun for a while. Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall also ask that their hotel address and name is not released due to privacy reasons."

I grimaced, switching over the channel. I'd come to the decision, as soon as 'One Direction' hit the headlines, that I would never let myself become absorbed in, concerned or assosciated with them. I decided that it was probably for my own good that I avoided anything that involved the name 'Harry Styles' especially.

But of course, Kayleigh Winters was a girl who just had to talk about everything. So it wasn't a surprise that she was still going on about what she had labeled 'the airport incident'. As much as I expected her to lecture me about it for the next 24 hours, it didn't make it any less annoying.

" Are you really not going to even make a comment?" She squeaked, "You practically had one of those moments."

"Yeah well." I shrugged, "We used to have a lot of the moments. They didn't seem to matter either." I loved Kayleigh to bits, but her sympathetic smile was starting to annoy me, so I did my best to change the subject, "anyway, we're on holiday, Kay. In California. Can we please go get drunk?"

A light shone in Kayleigh's eye as she nodded with an enthusiastic grin, "I'll go find you something to wear."

She dashed off and I looked back to the TV, only for another news show to begin and a video of One Direction performing on stage came onto the screen. It was typical. What ever happened to karma? He breaks my heart then ends up better off? What was that?

I didn't let myself think for any longer before I was switching the screen off and heading to find Kayleigh.

------

American night clubs weren't all that different to English ones, yet there was still a different atmosphere to it. The people seemed happier and the music seemed louder and the drinks felt stronger - though that last one may have been because it was 12:30am and I'd necked down more shots with Kayleigh than I thought was ever possible.

"Hey Rach..." Kayleigh wrapped her arms around my shoulders and hugged me tightly, "I'm sooo glad you're here."

I giggled, pressing my tongue to my teeth and scrunching my nose up, "Me too."

"I woudn't want to be in Cali with anyone else!" I smiled widely at her, gave her one last tight hug before managing to drunkenly ramble out some words about going to the toilet.

When you're drunk, the toilets seem like a strange place. It's when you look at yourself in the mirror and notice your previously perfected makeup was now smudged al over your face. It's when you have to grip to the sink and stare down the plug hole for a minute to steady yourself and refrain from eating the foor. It's when you look into the bright lights and they burn your eyes but in the most pleasant way.

I rinsed my hands off with the cold water before picking up my bag, using my finger to quickly wipe up all my smudged makeup. With a deep breath and a silent pep talk, I pushed myself away from the sink and started heading for the door, though when I swung it open, I found a very drunken brunette slouched against the wall opposite me, next to where the door for the boy's toilet stood.

"Are you really tall or am I really small?"

I scoffed, "pardon?"

"why are you so tall?" the boy repeated, seemingly more sure of himself this time.

"You're sat down." I raised an eyebrow at him as he placed his hands on the ground beside him, recognition flashing across his face as he pushed himself up onto his feet.

He didn't say anything when he stood up, just laughed to himself and drunkenly rambled something under his breath about "When did that floor get there?".

"I think you've had a bit much too drink." I smirked, crossing my arms across my chest as he pressed a hand against the wall and held himself up.

"I think we've all had a bit much to drink," he shrugged, "I'm Louis, by the way. Louis Tomlinson."

The name rang a bell, and it only took me a second to recognise his face after I'd properly stared at him, "Oh shit."

"Thats not the reaction I usually get," he frowned.

"I-" I stuttered, "I just- I shouldn't be talking to you."

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "Why?"

The answer to his question came round the corner at that exact moment, yelling out Louis' name before stopping dead in his tracks and staring at me like a deer in the headlights. I stood between the two, both staring at me but in two very different ways.

"Am I missing something?" Louis asked, looking at Harry before turning back towards me, "Do you know eachother?"

Harry opened his mouth but I cut him off, leaving him with the same hurt look on his face as he did all those years ago, "No."