Los Hombres Lobo

The New World

“Night Boran I love you” said Malerar. “Love you to Malerar” said Boran. It is a nice quiet night we have a few weeks till the full moon but the kids are getting rowdy. Quimana, Galarni, and Karyma are down stairs getting ready for bed. But I think Ill stay up a bit to look at the clear sky. Around midnight I noticed something weird about the forest near the south of the inn. I didn’t think anything of it so I went to sleep. About half an hour later I was waking up to people screaming fire. I got Malerar, Ivar, and Vear out but couldn’t go back in because I had to protect them. That was when I realized that the towns people knew what we were and was trying to drive us away just like our last home.
“Malerar run!!!” yells Boran.
We were running through the forest that surrounds the inn. The towns’ people were trying to kill us and/or get rid of us. I looked for Quimana while I protected the boys. I found her; she was fighting off a mob of men with pitch forks and guns. She is doing pretty well but I grew up trained to protect my leader and to always stay by their side.
“Quimana” Boran yells “let me help you!”
“No” Quimana yells “Protect the others!! Get everybody out of the forest and head for The New World.”
Quimana takes off in to the forest.
“Quimana!” yells Boran.
I got Malerar, Ivar, and Vear on the boat to The New World while Quimana miss lead the towns’ people from us. She promised them that she would find us when it was safe.
It’s been a week since we left Europe. But it has been peaceful for this short time that we’ve been on this boat. But the boys are getting rowdy and the full moon is in a few days. I hear Malerar whimper while he is a sleep.
“Malerar……Malerar!!! Wake up you’re whimpering again” say Boran.
“Sis…….” asked Malerar.
“Shh….. I’m here you don’t need to worry” said Boran when Malerar started to shake.
“Sis why did they burn down our inn” asked Malerar.
“I don’t know why they did it” said Boran, but I do I just don’t want Malerar to know it.
“Hey sis when is Quimana coming back” asked Malerar.
“I have no idea when Malerar, but let’s wake the other two for breakfast” said Boran.
It was a little bit after lunch when Malerar, Ivar, and Vear started acting up because they can feel that the full moon is coming soon.
“Will you three stop?! We have enough problems without you three drawing attention to us!!!” yells Boran.
“Why should we!!” they all yelled in unison.
“Because Quimana said to go to The New World and find a place to hide till she comes and gets us” said Boran.
“So that doesn’t mean you can boss us around. Anyway who made you boss” asked Ivar.
“Quimana did!!!! She said to protect you guys, lead you to safety, and be leader till she comes back. Now calm down and be quiet we don’t need attention right now. Especially when there is a full moon in four days” said Boran.
“Hey when do we land” asked Malerar.
“I don’t know, I’ll go ask” said Boran “you guys stay right here and behave.”
I walked to the Captain’s cabin to ask when we were landing. I was thinking of home the whole time walking there. And then I started thinking on what kind of house she would want in The New World. I almost walked past the Captain’s cabin because I was distracted. I knocked on the Captain’s door to see if he was in there.
“Come in” said Captain S.
“Um………Captain S…….I was wondering…when are we landing?” asked Boran.
“Ok let’s see……..oh we land in five days so be patient” said Captain S.
“Oh ok” said Boran.
“Ma’am why do you ask” asked Captain S.
“Well you see my little brother and cousins are getting rowdy and……….” said Boran.
That was all I got out when something exploded on the boat. I heard screaming and saw fire everywhere. I was frozen with shock but when the captain started moving that was when I thought about my pack that is on the boat.
“Oh no! Malerar, Ivar, Vear!” screamed Boran.
I ran for them. I found them hiding next to the rail. That was when I got an idea. I asked if any of them could swim. They all said yes. I told them to jump on the count of three. I screamed jump and they all did. When swimming from the accident we came across a ship that was going to The New World. They gave us a lift. The crews’ men asked them how we got out this far in the sea. I told them that we were on a boat that was taking us to The New World and something happened and part of the boat exploded. We told them that we jumped and have been swimming for hours now and that we are really tired. But before we went to bed I asked the captain when we were landing. Unlike Captain S this captain said that we land tomorrow. I said thank you and then went to bed.