Los Hombres Lobo

New People

He drew out a gun and said “I want you…..animals… to come with me. I am not going to deal with some renegade werewolves, who think they can just come in and disrupt everything we have here. I need to protect the citizens of that town.”
Listening to him, I was getting angrier and angrier. Those were my people he was talking about. We were driven out of our home because we were werewolves, not because we did something bad. Humans hate us, and I don’t know why. I am a member of the pack and I was raised to protect pack. And here is this human, ranting and raving about how we are evil and should just disappear. I had enough and was about to put Officer John in his place when Quimana yelled “Boran don’t you dare. We can get through this without resorting to violence.”
Officer John jumped a bit when Quimana yelled. He looked at me to see why she said that and gasped while stumbling backwards. While he was ranting and raving, my eyes had turned red, and my nails had lengthened into claws, and my teeth had turned into fangs. I was glaring at him with rage. When Quimana had commanded me to stop I had slowly started to shift back. Officer John was screaming something about us being devils of some sort.
I looked up and said “Shut up, unless you can say something intelligent.”
He got red in the face and yelled “Intelligent, you guys are devils. No human should be able to do that. Humans do not have superhuman strength; they do not shapeshift into other creatures. Only devils can do that. Now I want you out of this place by sun down. If I see and hear that you are still around, I am putting a bounty on your heads. And it won’t be a dead or alive bounty.”
After he got down yelling Quimana, Malerar, Vear, and Ivar were edging around him to leave. I stayed put glaring at him, keeping his attention on me so he doesn’t freak on them. He seems jumpy enough as is; he looks like he would shoot anything that surprises him right now. They got past him and were waiting at the edge of the trees for me. So we can get out of there faster I used my super speed to get past him. By the time he turned around to see where we went, we were gone.
We ran as fast as we could. We had just crossed a river when I heard people talking up ahead. I couldn’t make out what was being said because there was a group of them up there. I turned to Quimana and said “We should probably go around. I don’t want to put the boys in danger and the people up there sound, I don’t know, off. They don’t sound like the nice people you meet that travels in groups back at home.”
“We are going to head south so that we don’t cross paths with them. I don’t know what it is but the smell of them gives me goosebumps.” said Quimana.
We have been heading south for a few hours now, when we ran into a girl about my age. She was hanging upside down from a tree when we saw her. This girl looked different from anybody I have ever seen. She had black hair, copper colored skin, and was wearing animal skin for clothes. She jumped down from the tree and asked us a question, but we couldn’t understand her. She then asked it again but in English. “Hello, are you guys lost?” she said.
“Yes we are. We are looking for a place to stay for the night. Do you know anywhere we can stay?” said Boran.
“My village is just a few miles west of here. I can take you there and see if you can stay for the night. By the way my name is Chilam.” said Chilam.
“Thank you. We just got here so we don’t know where any of the towns and villages are.” said Boran.
“I’ve seen a lot of people that came from the place called England, but I never seen the females dress like guys. Is there a reason why you are dressed as guys?” asked Chilam.
I smiled and said. “Actually we are from a place called Romania, and we wear guy clothes because they are easier to move and work in.”
“Well that makes since. You will be able to see the village here in a little bit.” said Chilam.
We were silent the rest of the way. The boys were looking at all the new animals they have here. As we got closer to the village we could hear them talking, playing, and working. It sounded a lot like it did back at our inn, but now we don’t even have that much. We just have ourselves. We walked into the village with Chilam and it got really quiet. Everybody was looking at us. We followed Chilam to a lodge. It was at the center so it had to be of someone important.
“Wait here I am going to get the chief so you can talk to him and see if you can stay here for the night.” said Chilam.
She went in and it got really awkward. Everybody was looking at us and it was really quiet. I decided to watch the boys to make sure they don’t so something stupid. The boys were roughhousing around like pups. They were rolling all over each other playing and laughing. I got a smile on my face watching them. I remember when I did that, it was fun and it made people happy seeing their children play together.
Chilam came back out with the chief with a neutral expression on her face. Chilam came up to us and said “This is Chief Running Warrior. He said he wants to talk to the leader of you guys to see if you will do us harm if you stay here.”
While she telling us this, the boys were getting more rowdy by the minute. They were all on top of each other and were kicking and squirming. The chief was watching them and they got more rowdy because they knew they had an audience. Before Quimana could yell at them I tackled all of them and sat on them until they calmed down. But they kept on squirming so I turned to Quimana and asked “Can I take the boys to run around and play in the woods? Hopefully they can run off some energy.”
Quimana waved her hand she walked into the Chief’s lodge. They took off running towards the woods as soon as I got off of them. I ran to catch up with them. For an hour we roughhoused and ran like a bunch of wolf pups. I was having fun and the boys were getting tired, so I took them back to the village. When we got there Quimana was just leaving the lodge and came up to us. Quimana said “We can stay. He said to stay as long as we need.”
“Are we getting our own lodge, or are we staying with someone else?” asked Boran.
“We will be staying in Chilam’s and the Chief’s lodge.” said Quimana.
Our eyes bulged out and Malerar, Vear, and Ivar all said “SHE’S THE CHIEF’S DAUGHTER!!!”
After they said that, Chilam came over to take us to the lodge to rest. They already had bedding in there for us to use. I turn to Chilam and said “Thank you for letting us stay here.”
She smiled and said “It’s ok and I will see you in the morning.”
Morning never came. It was the middle of the night when we woke up to screams. I thought that I was dreaming of the inn, but I realized that this was not a dream. We took off outside the lodge and that was when we smelt it. Blood and lots of it; I heard voices yelling, saying take the women. I realized the voices were the same ones I heard earlier in the day. Quimana sent the boys to go hide. We started fighting back the men trying to save the women. There were too many people, Quimana and I looked at each other and we nodded.
After that I started to change, I took my clothes off cause they would be torn to shreds if I left them on. The change happened fast; I traded to human skin for my beautiful wolf fur. When I was done changing I stood about six feet, I had red eyes and pure black fur. My pack mates had always called me a living shadow, because of my fur. Another reason is because you never know I’m there until it’s too late. Quimana on the other hand is pure white. She is the angel of our pack. She is the light that guides us through our darkest times.
♠ ♠ ♠
I won't be able to post anytime soon; I have no internet at my place. I will try to work on this story and post next chance i get.