Status: Completed

Dr Watson

Chapter III

Philip and Matthew were already downstairs creating somewhat of a mess in the kitchen as they made food for the other residence of the house. "Morning Raphael, can you take some food up to the master after you've eaten then make a start on the courtyard since you're determined to brighten it up out there?" Philip handed Raphael his plate before claiming the chair at the head of the table.

Philip looked more like a butler than he did anything else. His job was to keep the other living-in housekeepers in order whilst giving them jobs to do around the house for a reasonable amount of money that they received at the end of their working week.

Raphael was rather surprised when he took the master's breakfast up to his very empty room. Philip hadn't mentioned anything about the master having already woken, looking around Raphael placed the tray down on the table before taking the book from the side of the tray and settling it down on Lucifer's already made bed.

Taking the tray back down to the kitchens the silver haired male was shocked to see Lucifer standing beside the dining table speaking to Philip. Lucifer for once was dressed in actual clothes and not his usual nightclothes. Right now Lucifer was wearing what every other rich man wore, black dress trousers, a white shirt with a black waistcoat. The older males eyes soon landed on Raphael who was still standing in the doorway holding the masters tray.

"Thank you Raphael, that's exactly why I came down." Lucifer said as he made his way over to the younger male, Philip stared after the master flabbergasted at Lucifer's actions towards the younger more newer addition to the house staff.

"Will you join me in my study?"

"Excuse me sir, but Raphael has work to be doing." Philip cut in not at all pleased with the masters offer to have this young man join him for his breakfast.

"Philip please, who's house is this?" Philip froze staring at Lucifer as he took the tray from Raphael who in fact looked terrified.

"Yours sir." Philip's eyes dropped to the floor as he lowered his head in shame.

"Thank you, if I ask Raphael to join me then he is free to do so. If he wishes to carry on with his work he may otherwise I expect for him to answer for himself. Raphael?" Lucifer shot Raphael a questioning look already knowing the younger man would agree to join him, he knew the amethyst eyed male could feel it too. That undeniable pull to the other.

Raphael nodded in agreement before moving out of the doorway allowing the older man to lead the way to his downstairs study. Raphael followed him to the small yet cramped study that was overflowing with books, usually Lucifer kept his research in his lab across the courtyard but lately he'd had it moved into the house until he was back to full health.

"How are you feeling Raphael?" Raphael looked up to Lucifer as the older male slowly sipped his tea, his ice blue eyes fixed on the younger man sitting in front of him.

"Fine Lucifer, thank you. Although shouldn't I be asking you the same thing?" Lucifer's thin lips curled up at either corner surprising Raphael. since having met the master of the house only two days ago, today was the first time he had seen Lucifer smile.

"Don't worry about me Raphael, that's not what you're paid for." Raphael looked down at the table seeing strange sketches. Looking over the loose pieces of paper Raphael was somewhat surprised at the detail the older male had put into the drawings. Some were of people, others of animals and some Raphael wasn't even sure, maybe something the older male had imagined.

The younger male jumped when Lucifer coughed knocking over his cup of tea when he reached for the table to help stable himself on. Raphael rushed to his feet almost falling over his them as he raced to the older males side to help. The younger of the two tried not to panic as he gently slapped Lucifer’s back a few times hoping the other male would be fine.

The older males coughing subsided a few moments later, Lucifer pulled the younger male closer burying his face into Raphael’s side as he clung to the younger male his breath now returning to him.

"Thank you Raphael..." Raphael nodded regardless if the older male could see him, unknown to him the older male felt him nod. Lucifer dropped his hands from Raphael's white shirt as he moved away from the younger male he could feel himself falling for. Lucifer's ice blue eyes soon met Raphael's amethyst one as he looked up at the younger male, feeling that pull grow stronger, his need for the younger male grow even stronger. Looking away from the younger male Lucifer shook his head to clear the thoughts from his head. "Would you, would you mind cleaning this up for me Raphael? I need to do something in the lab."

Raphael never got chance to reply to Lucifer when the older male suddenly climbed to his feet and left the room with not so much as a glance over his shoulder. The huge oak door closed with a thud causing the younger male to jump from the unexpected sound, turning to the window that had been behind Lucifer, Raphael saw said male rush across the courtyard, stopping outside of the lab door to look over his shoulder before pushing the door open and letting it slam behind him.