Status: Completed

Dr Watson

Chapter VI

The following morning Raphael found himself in the courtyard as he delivered some supplied from the mansion to Lucifer's lab, from the moment he'd arrived downstairs in the kitchens Philip had given him the task of taking over to the lab a box of things for the master.

Upon reaching the door Raphael almost walked into Dmitri who had just came out of the lab. In his attempt at avoiding walking into the other male Raphael's grip on the box loosened nearly falling to the floor. Reaching for it Raphael's eyes widened when both his and Dmitri's hands met as they both caught the falling box.

Looking up Raphael's eyes met Dmitri's ice blue eyes instantly becoming captivated by them. He let go of the box in shock as he shook his head as a way to organise his thoughts. The sparks that ran through his body when his hand met Dmitri's were overwhelming enough to make him question what they were exactly.

"I'm, I'm sorry Mr Harker I wasn't aware there was anyone in the lab other than the master." Dimtri smirked as he kicked the door open enough to place the box on the floor inside before returning to standing in front of Raphael his back to the lab door.

"That's quite alright my petit oiseau. How are you feeling today?"

"Very well, thank you and yourself sir?" Dimtri's lips settled into a sweet smile as he stepped closer to the younger man.

"Like Lucifer do I really need to tell you to drop the formalities when we're alone? Dimtri is fine by me." The shorter male nodded, his eyes meeting Dimtri's again, Dmitri smiled and reached out for the shorter males arm. "You must accompany me to town, I'm afraid I am in need of your services."

"E-excuse me?" Raphael gasped as Dmitri linked his arm with his own and started dragging him towards the kitchens door. "S-services?"

"Yes that's right, now don't worry about your work I'm sure Philip will ask Matthew to take over for you." Raphael stared up at the taller male in confusion. All he wanted to do today was finish reading his book he'd got the day before. Realisation struck him as Dimtri practically dragged him through the mansion.

"Dimtri?" The older male stopped dragging the silver haired boy for a moment to look down at him.

"Something wrong petit oiseau?" Raphael cheeks turned red at the pet name Dimtri had given him on their first meeting. Hearing the older male call him by the pet name Raphael felt like there was a swarm of butterflies in his stomach trying to escape.

"How did you know I would buy that book?" Dimtri grinned as he stared down at the shorter male.

“I just knew little bird.” Raphael looked up at the taller male confusion written all over his face. “Have you ever just known something?”

“N-no, never.” The smaller looked to the ground suddenly finding it interesting. Dimtri moved to stand in front of Raphael, his right hand nudging Raphael's chin up to look at him.

“Don't do that, don't feel like you have to know what I'm talking about or even witnessed it before. Now do me a favour and smile that bright carefree smile of yours that I love so much.” The shorter male's eyes widened, his heart skipping a beat at Dimtri's words. Had this tall dark and handsome male really just used the work love to describe how much he liked Raphael's smile.

“W-what?” Raphael gasped as Dimtri leaned closer, the taller males nose brushed the shorter males before Raphael leaned the rest of the way connecting their lips. Raphael's heartfelt like it was going to explode inside his chest, they people had described in that past what it felt like to be kissed by someone you truly feel for was exactly what Raphael was feeling.

Pulling away from the taller male, Raphael stared into Dimtri's eyes, it was this moment that Raphael's finally realised why he always read romance novels, this feeling in his chest was everything he ever wanted.

Dimtri's smile faltered after a couple of seconds of staring into the younger males amethyst eyes. “My apologies, I shouldn't have done that.” Dimtri completely pulled away from Raphael, but not before Raphael reached out and took the tallers hand in his own.

The dark haired male turned slightly looking down at Raphael's hand in his, their fingers entwined. Looking back up to those purple jewels, Dimtri noticed a shy smile gracing Raphael's lips. Raphael pushed aside his insecurities as he pulled on Dimtri's arm, so he could bring Dimtri in for another sweet kiss.

Dimtri pulled away with a gasp, a smiling creeping its way onto his face as he looked over his little angel with bright amethyst eyes he'd fallen in love with days ago. “Come on, I want to take you somewhere.” Raphael only nodded as the older male entwined their fingers and pulled the younger behind him.

Dimtri dragged Raphael down the dirt track road towards the woods that surrounded the entire Watson estate. They followed a thin foot path for a few minutes when they came upon a clearing, sunlight poured in through the gap in the trees above. Below the opening the light reflected off the pond expelling all the surrounding darkness.

Raphael looked around in amassment, he'd never before seen anything so beautiful, it was like something he'd read in one of his many books. “This is, this is beautiful Dimtri.” The older male smiled down at Raphael.

“I sometimes come here to think, when I can't lose myself in a book or speak to you, I come here.” Raphael turned to face the taller male, a concerned look settling on his face.

“What could be so bad that you can't take your mind off of that you have to come here?” Dimtri looked past the smaller male his head dropping to the floor.

“The master, he's he's sick. He might not have long left. That's why you haven't seen him much as of late.” Raphael moved away from Dimtri, shaking his head, tears forming in the corners of his eyes threatening to fall.

“Th-That can't be true, he can't be sick, surely it will pass.” Dimtri reached out for the silver haired male, pulling him into his arms as a form of comfort for the younger male.

“It's going to be alright little bird.” Raphael shook his head, tears finally falling down his pale cheeks.

“I don't see how, if he's dying.” The smaller male buried his face into the olders chest, his words coming out slightly muffled.

“He still has some time left Raphael. You won't lose him completely you know.” The silver haired male pulled away from Dimtri enough to look into his eyes.

“How will I not?” He asked staring up at the taller male.

“He will always be with you.” Raphael only shook his head as he hid his face in the olders chest again.

“That's what everyone said about my mother.” Raphael whispered not expecting Dimtri to hear him. Dimtri looked down at Raphael as he pulled the younger off of him.

“What's that supposed to mean? What happened to your mother?” Raphael pulled away completely shaking his head, he turned away from the taller male and stared at the pond, tears falling freely. Dimtri moved to stand behind Raphael, wrapping his arms around the youngers waist as he rested his chin on the smallers shoulder. “You don't have to tell me.”

“No, I'll feel better if I do. Only me and my... father really know what happened to her.” Raphael sucked in a deep breath before clearing his throat. “She died when I was young, 10 I think, m-m-my father would lock me in the closet under the stairs when I made too much noise, he would. He would bind my arms so I wouldn't be able to make anymore noise.”

“There was one day when he put my in there and left like he normally did, my mother had come home and found me tied up in the cupboard. She let me out and untied me, which was when my father came home. Mother told me to run, I only went as far as the door when I heard her scream. I couldn't bring myself to look back so I ran before he could get me. It was then that Patricia found me and brought me here.” Unsure of what to do Dimtri squeezed Raphael as a way to reassure him.

“I know won't help but I'm sorry.” The smaller male only nodded his reply, reaching up to the his tears away. “I should take you back to the manor, everyone is most likely wondering where you are.”

Dimtri leaned forward placing a small kiss on the smallers cheek before pulling away completely. Raphael shivered at the loss of heat, turning to watch Dimtri, Raphael reached out for his hand. “What's going to happen to you if the master does die?”

The darker haired male looked down almost disappointed with what his answer was going to be. “I'll have to leave.”

“No” Was all Raphael said as he pulled his hand away from Dimtri's, shaking his head as he stepped back away from the other male.

“Y-y-you can't j-just come into my life and make me feel for you then leave!” Raphael yelled, raising his voice for the first time since he'd been free of that dreadful cupboard. Pushing past Dimtri as he started running off in the direction of the manor.