Status: Completed

Dr Watson

Chapter VII

Over the next few days Raphael refused to leave his room, he didn't want to see Dimtri and as much as he wanted to see Lucifer he was terrified he'd run into Dimtri, so hiding out in his room seemed like the next best thing.

A light knock to his bedroom door broke his concentration on the nearby wall. He didn't know if he should call out or just ignore whoever was on the other side of the door. “Raphael if you are in there, please can you open the door. I would really like to speak to you.”

It was Lucifer, that much he knew, he wondered if the older male was out there alone or if Dimtri was out there with him. “Is there anyone out there with you?”

“No, it's just me. May I come in?” Raphael couldn't seem to find his answer as he climbed off of his bed and raced to his door. Pulling his door open he smiled when he saw Lucifer standing there wearing his usual suit.

“I'm so glad you're here.” The younger male said as he threw himself into the older males arms. Lucifer looked down at the other male in his arms, he couldn't quite understand what what was going on. Feeling rather awkward Lucifer wrapped his arms around the younger male, enjoying being this close to the smaller man he felt something for.

“Something bothering you, Raphael?” Raphael pulled away from Lucifer shaking his head, a wet tear stain caused Lucifer to reach out and wipe it away. “Hey, what's wrong?”

“It-its nothing, don't worry about me. Now what would you like to talk to me about?” Raphael asked hoping he could distract himself from his thoughts long enough not to cry over something that may not be true. Lucifer looked healthy, how could he possibly be dying?

“Please, Raphael tell me.” The smaller male sighed as he stepped back, his eyes cast down at the floor.

“Dim-Dim-Dimtri told me yesterday t-that you're dying. I-is it t-t-true?” Another tear escaped Raphael's eye, running down his cheek before he could catch it. The older man sighed as he walked over to the silver haired male, once again wiping the tear away.

“I'm afraid Dimtri is right Raphael. The doctor thinks I only have a few months left.” Amethyst eyes closed, more tears leaking from the corners as the younger male bit his lower lip. Lucifer could practically see this young man break before his eyes. Using what strength he had in him, he pulled the younger man into his chest. Raphael's arms wrapped around Lucifer's thin waist as he started to cry into the olders chest.

They stayed like that for most of the day, Lucifer left around tea time saying how he felt faint and he needed to rest. Before leaving he'd told the younger male to take as long as he needs to come to terms with him slowly dying.