Status: new chapters every other day

Live in the Moment

Chapter One

I didn’t feel like waking up today.
I just don’t know if I want to do anything at all today, everything seems like a chore more than actually living. To be honest a life like mine is something any vampire could ever dream of, I’m a Pure Blood, my family with wealthy beyond imaginable, other clans from around the world known and respect us, there really isn’t nothing I have to complain about; I think it’s the human thoughts that are clouding my mind. I mean, I’m not even human whatsoever my parents are Pure Bloods just as their parents and so on, but my condition basically makes me half human, at least it’s just easier to describe that way.
I finally get out of bed and walk over to my cherry wood Victorian Style vanity where my hormone shot is already neatly laid out for me on a shiny metal tray along with alcohol pads and a band aid. Usually one of the servants wakes me up to take my medicine, but yesterday at my aura therapy session the doctor recommends that I start giving the shots to myself. I sit on the soft cushioned chair that was already pulled out and carefully begin to clean a small area by my thigh, i take a breath and as I slowly breathe out I gently push the needle into my skin. It doesn’t hurt but the medicine stings as it makes it way throughout my entire body, I wish I didn’t have to do this every morning, but it beats smelling like a human. I put on of the band aids onto my small puncture and leave the needle and used alcohol pad on the tray, a servant will come and clean it up and as soon as I sit back down on my bed a servant come knocking on my door.
“Mistress Lailah,” the servant pokes her head through the door speaking softly, Its Diana the servant my parents chose to be my blood source, there really isn’t anything special about her blood but they feel that I should always at least drink from someone with the same blood type while I am an home, “I’ve come to remove the medical tray, and I’ve also taken the liberty of serving you some blood. Your father had me eat your favorite vegetables and a raw steak for breakfast to ensure my blood would be filled with plenty of vitamins for you. May I come in?”
“Yes come in, I’ve already taken my medicine.” She opens the door to make room for her small cart all the house servants have, our house isn’t huge like a mansion, but it can be tiresome to carry trays back and forth just by arm. She takes the metal tray from my vanity and places in into a bin and the syringe in a separate bin. The top of the tray has a blood pack sitting in the warming container with a glass beside it. She removes the blood bag from the warmer and pours the blood into the glass and walks over and hands it to me.
“Is there anything else I can get for you Mistress?”
“No I’m fine, thank you Di. “ She smiles from the nickname before she does a small curtsy then leaves with her cart.
Sit up to reach for the cup and take a few sips. From the breakfast father requested for her I can take all of the vitamins and minerals from the assortment of vegetables and the raw steak. It soothing like drinking warm herbal tea when you’re sick. Diana’s blood is always the greatest in the morning maybe it’s because it’s the first blood I drink during the day, who knows maybe there is something special about her blood. Halfway through my drink I decide to get out of my bedtime clothes and into a simple black silk blouse and a red pencil skirt. I slip on my house shoes for the time being, usually Gerard calls me after breakfast trying to convince me to go shopping at whatever fertile boutique that opened up, I swear half the time he doesn’t even buy anything he just wants to try everything on and play dress up but I guess it wasn’t too bad he always dragged his older brother Mikey or Frank his mate with us, so I wasn’t alone as Gerard picked every outfit he could find off the shelves. I don’t know why he doesn’t just dress like a female, it’s that anyone would think of him less as a vampire it’s very common for male fertiles to wear feminine clothing, though maybe because it just draws a lot of attention from Doms. I’ve only seen Gerard dress feminine a couple of times whenever we are with Frank, his mate, maybe it’s only a bedroom thing…haha I bet he looks adorable in a cute little skimpy night gown.
I walk downstairs with my cup already half empty to the dining room where my breakfast is already set up for me. My mother and father are already seated and enjoying their breakfast, mother with her bowl of fresh fruit and my father with his plate only consisting of a big steak oozing with crimson nectar; the typical mom and dad breakfast.
“Good morning princess, did you sleep well?” mother cheerfully asks as she lifts her coffee mug to her perfectly red lips.
“Yeah a little, I still feel groggy from the aura session yesterday. I kept tossing and turning all night.” I sit down at the table with them and on queue a servant comes and brings me oatmeal with a side of bacon, toast, and another blood bag to refill my now empty glass.
“Well Dr. Urie did say that you were going to feel some discomfort after the session, you’re already advancing to a higher aura level, and I’d say that means you are making a great improvement” my father chimes in.
“I thought the slight nausea when we came home was the discomfort he was talking about and not the constant feeling of needles going into my skin as I was trying to sleep.”
“Honey you’re a Toro, you can handle anything life throws at you.” My mom winks at me causing me to smile.
“Thanks Mama, and thank you Dad, it really does mean a lot to me I really do feel like my body is making a difference, maybe before we know it I’ll be completely normal.” We all smile including most the older staff of our servants. It’s been very difficult for all of us, my parents never tried to have another child because they didn’t want to risk seeing another going through what went through every day as a child. The constant test and blood work to find the right diagnoses and treatment, the bullying I faced almost every day at school, the older servants remember too many days and nights when they had comforted me in those dark days. I’m thankful I’ve always had Mikey and Frank to look out for me, I don’t think I would have stayed in school long if it wasn’t for them.
We all finish breakfast and start our day, Father kisses mother and I goodbye before he leaves to The Dominator facility, one of the many that my family owns, mother’s fashion designer team and assistants flood in on schedule into her office as they begin of the latest fertile fashion. Mother runs her own business from home, she originally started working from home soon after I was born so she can always be the one to take care of me, well I don’t require that much supervision any more but she still enjoys the comfort of always being at home which father doesn’t mind, it brings him great comfort knowing where his mate is.
I go upstairs into my room to escape all of the fast pace movement of the fertiles, I know mother and them don’t mind me getting first glimpse of the highest of high end fashion but I’d prefer not to get in the way.
“Looks like all the chickens are in the coop.” I jump as I see Mikey sitting on my bed.
“God damn you Mikey, you almost gave me a heart attack.” Mikey has this bad habit of not using the front door like a normal person.
“Lil old me? Id doubt it,” he says and he gets up and bushes his glasses back, “So Gerard wanted me to come pick you up to come hang out at our place for a while, Frank is there too I was thinking we could walk there since they might be…busy..”
“Ew gross, don’t want to walk in on that.” We both laugh and I change from my house shoes to a pair of simple black flats.
“You look very nice today Lailah, if I might add.” He smiles as he hold open the door for me.
“Thanks Mike, you look great as well.” He puts his head down as a small grin forms on his face. We walk out with our arms linked together, before leaving the house I tell Diana to tell my mother I’m going to the Way’s house, she nods and tells me to be safe.
With Mikey and everyone else, I'm always safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed reading my first chapter! You know way back when, I used to be on this website a lot but only recently have I made a new account and started to reread one of my favorite fanfic series, the one that started all Dom and Fertile story, Red Darkness by dandygrrrl.

I've always wanted to write my own fic with her dom/fertile concept and after rereading her story and all of its sequels I felt inspired.

I really do hope you join me in this new story, I have big plans ahead. (:

xoxo