They Call...Psycho

Chapter one: Perks

Chapter One- Perks

“Robbin, honey. Alberton isn’t all bad, I promise.” My mom says, for the zillionth time on this road trip to Montana. I look out the window at the surrounding pines in the thick woods, there's nothing out here except trees, and deer. Yes it’s beautiful and everything but it’s missing one important thing. My life. My entire life is in Miami not in this little town called Alberton. And my mother knows this, but she’s still forcing us to move into my grandmother’s old, musty house. I still remember that house from my summers there. It’s an old victorian with white and purple siding and a gigantic greenhouse replacing the back porch. I used to love that house, but the fact i’m getting forced to move there taints my judgement just a little bit.

“Maybe so mom, but it's missing one thing. My. Life.” I snap at her and she sighs shaking her head.
“Robbin, I know you're going to miss your friends. But it’s not for forever, when you graduate you can figure out where you want to live for yourself. Okay?” Mom says, exasperated.
“Fine.” I say, and put in my headphones. Blasting the music on my Iphone for the rest of the ride.

********************************************************************
My grandmother's house looks just like I remember it did when I was eight. The victorian sat in a clearing in the middle of the woods. There was a small creek with a bridge you had to cross to get to the house. The greenhouse was still there, as was the barn to the left of the house. I looked at my mom and she smiled.
“Home sweet home.” She said as she got out of the car. I grabbed my duffle bag and got out to. We knocked on the big, oak door with the knot shaped knocker.
“Be nice to her.” Mom warned.
“No, I’m going to be a bitch.” I said sarcastically.
“Language!” She replied, ignoring my sarcasm. The door opened to reveal a blue eyed old lady with well kept gray hair piled in a bun on the top of her head. I smiled and hugged her.
“Grams!” I said. “I missed you!” I may dislike that she's brought me here to help with her weird little shop but I did love her nonetheless.
“I missed you to Little Bird.” She replied kissing my head. I smiled. Grams looked at my mom. I frowned, my moms green eyes were narrowed, and her lips were pursed. I would have thought she would be happy to see her mom after all this time?
“Bryla.” Grandma opened her arms up, smiling at my mother. My mother hugged grams reluctantly, then pulled away to pick up her suitcase that was by our feet. Grams ignored my mother's attitude and put her arms around my shoulders.
“Come inside, Little bird. Your room will be in the attic, it’s the biggest room in the house. Go put your stuff in there and come to the kitchen. Your mother and I need to tell you some things.” She said, smiling.
“Okay.” I smile back at her and take my suitcases up the staircase to the attic. The attic wasn’t moldy, or dusty like one would think. It did smell a little...old but that's to be expected. Anyway, the floor was a mahogany wood, a deep reddish brown. The walls and ceiling are an ashy white wood. My guess that it was Aspin wood. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, and there were two other doors. One door was a walk in closet and the other a bathroom. ‘Damn!’ I thought. ‘Thats one big attic!’ I put my suitcases by the king size bed that was covered with a black comforter and head downstairs to the kitchen. I walk into the old kitchen to see my Grams and my mom arguing in hushed tones, once I walked in they stopped and smiled at me.

“Robbin, come have some tea!” My gram says as she pours me a cup of sweet smelling tea.
“What kind is this?” I ask sipping it.
“It’s rosewater and pomegranate. I made the blind myself, do you like it? I know you don’t like tea..”
“Yea, I like it.” I grin. “ You're the only one who can get me to drink anything besides coke.” My mother laughs at that.
“Thank god! This kid has coke for blood as much as she drinks it!” Mom says. Grandma nods.
“Anyway, we wanted to talk to you about a couple things dear.”
“Okay..” I said warily. They were acting so freakin weird! What are they going to tell me? I didn’t know.
“So first things first, you know you're here to help with the shop. You will be trained by me and your great aunt Chelsea.”
“Okay, cool.” I say, but inside I’m rolling my eyes. Don’t me wrong, I don’t mind helping out. But with school, and the shop I’m going to have no time to get a job where I’m paid so I can save up for a car.
“We know, you're going to put in a lot of time so we will be giving you an hourly wage.” I grinned like a lunatic and hugged my Grams. That solved the money problem!
“Thank you, Grams! I was worried how I was going to get enough money to get a car, but now I can save up!” I sat back down on the old, white wooden chair.
“You’re not going to have to save up for a car, honey.” My mom says. Wait...what? Does that mean that she got me a car? No way!
“Wait...why?” I ask slightly confused.
“Well, little bird. I bought a truck off Colan next door. He lost his licence so he sold it to me for real cheap.” She grinned like the cheshire cat.
“What..why...thank you! I’ll pay you back. I promise.” I say stubbornly.
“No dear, you're going to need a good car to get you to school. And the shop.”
“I’m still going to pay you back.” I reply stubbornly.
“You’ll do no such thing, Robbin Farrow!” My mom says in mock anger. I laugh.
“Thanks guys. I love you both.” I got up. “I’m going for a walk, I’ll be back soon.” I say kissing my mom on the cheek.
“Don’t stay out too long, it’s getting dark.” My mother frowned.
“I won’t be long.”

_______________________________________________

Behind the house, there was a dirt path that went thru the woods to a small lake half a mile in. I remember when I was little we would come up here for the summers and swim in this lake. I smiled at the memory. I walk down the path, into the thick green woods. I looked around, trying to find the vines that hid the entrance to the lake. After a while I found it and ran threw the entrance. The lake was weird, it was perfectly round and clear. The water wasn’t mucky and dirty, it was clear and the water smelled of wild flowers. I smiled and took off my shirt and my black shorts, leaving me in my bra and underwear. I jumped into the lake and sighed, leaning back to float on my back.
I was getting bored just floating there so I turned around. To promptly jump and scream slightly. Standing at the edge of the lake stood a boy, probably around my age with dark brown hair and green eyes. He was tall, at least 6’4 and well muscled. I covered myself up.

“Hey! This is private property, what are you doing here?” I snap. The boy smirked making my cheeks flush red and my stomach flutter.
“Silvie knows I come here.” The boy said. His voice was deep, I had to fight not to drool. Silvie is my grandmother's name...she really lets this boy onto her land? And why am I drawn to this boy? All I wanted to do is go up to him and give him a big ol kiss. I flush again.
“Right.” I say. The boy sits on a log on the shore.
“You must be Robbin. Her granddaughter?”
“Yeah, obviously.” I say. “Who are you?”
“I’m Falcon Woran. I help your grams out from time to time. You shouldn’t be in this water yet.” He replied slowly. I frown, confused.
“Now why shouldn’t I be in the water, Falcon Woran?”
“Because the seal is close to breaking.” He replied.
“What seal?” I ask. He raises one eyebrow, now he’s the one confused.
“Didn’t they tell you?”
“Tell me what?” I say shaking my head.
“Nothing...nevermind.” He get’s up. “I should get going. And so should you, these woods are no place for a young girl.” He smiles slightly.
“I can handle myself!” I say, annoyed.
“Sure you can. Just not right now.” He says..and then just disappears. I blink. What the hell was that?

__________________________________________________

Later that night, I’m back in my room snuggled into my comfy bed. I couldn’t help think about Falcon. Will I see the boy tomorrow at school? And what the hell was he talking about...and how the hell did he just go poof like that!
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, this chapter is bleh. But I promise the next chapters will be better.