Bad Luck Hannah

She'd Always Been Really Good at These

Josh POV

This was the worst date I'd ever been on.
It had started off good, but then truth or dare had gotten too serious too quickly, and everything and sort of spiraled downward from there.
And she was sulking.
Like literally, her arms were crossed and she was glaring out the passenger window with a very venomous expression as we headed toward her house; I didn’t think Hannah was a sulker, but apparently I was wrong.
I was wrong about a lot of things, it seemed like.
I quickly turned on her road and down the driveway, my radio telling me it was just ten, so at least I had her home before her curfew or whatever. I glanced over at her, seeing her expression only becoming more and more sour as her house blossomed in front of us.
She was unbuckling before I even got the car stopped, and I huffed.
"I guess I shouldn’t kiss you goodnight, huh?"
The look she gave me told me exactly what I could kiss.
And the resounding echo when she slammed the door so hard the window rattled told me that too.
I sighed, watching her stomp across the gravel and to her front door, almost slinging it open. She glanced over her shoulder for a second, still glaring at me, and then the door slammed.
Somehow I had imagined tonight going differently.
Well fuck.
I sighed, and then quickly turned the car around and left her house behind, taking my time on the way back to mine.
The guys were never going to let me live this down, ever.
This was the first girl who I think literally hated me and I hadn't even had a chance to do anything to her.
This had never happened to me before.
How did normal people handle rejection?
I frowned at myself.
I wasnt that pushy, was I? And I hadn't forced her to come on this date with me --- technically I think it had been her mom.
Which was really kind of sad, and told me that Hannah must not get out much, as if that wasn’t blaringly obvious anyway.
Goddammit.
She was impossible, and she was going to die alone with fifty cats the way she kept acting. No one would ever want to date her, no wonder she didn’t have any friends!
The more I thought about it, the more pissed I became.
I mean, come the fuck on. I might not be the best looking guy out there, but at least I was fucking trying to get her attention. I wasnt perfect, I wasn’t something out of some freaking fairy tale disney movie; she should appreciate the fact someone was even interested in her!
Motherfucker.
I could see every single light in the house on as I pulled up in the yard, Devin and Chris's cars parked side by side, and I could tell from here the girls were over.
Great.
More bitches.
Why was there bitches everywhere I went?
I clenched my hands on the wheel, tempted to just turn around and continue driving for the entire night, not have to listen to any of their whiny bullshit or their taunting or --- fuck, now I sounded like my dad.
I sighed, and leaned back against my seat, turning the car off slowly.
Dad had been more then ready to get me out of the house, he'd even helped haul my things over here. He hadn't wanted me around, not with his new wife; my mom had died a long time ago, and for some reason me and him just hadnt clicked well.
He didnt want me, Hannah didn’t want me --- both of them said I was too pushy. Well, Dad had said a lot of other things, too, but....
Fuck it, why did I even bother?
The bet was off, I couldn’t do this.
Hannah could just stay a virgin for the rest of her antisocial fucking life.
Try to do a person a favor, and they throw it in your face!
I glanced over as my phone started to buzz, and then scowled, seeing Chris face.
Wouldn’t he just be overjoyed about this bullshit? He'd be like "oh, yay, now he can't win the bet, the bet is obsolete and I can have Hannah all for myself."
Well fuck him too.
Fuck all of them.
Just fuck everybody.
I slunk down in my seat even more, feeling my mood become the epitome of bad. Yeah, I wasn’t stupid, I actually knew big words; everyone assumed I was just some fucking idiot all the time because of how I looked and my friends, but I was a lot smarter then people gave me credit for.
So why didnt she want me?
I didnt know how else to act, and I wasn’t going to change myself just to make her happy, either. No stupid bet for some stupid girl was worth changing yourself over.
I gave a heavy sigh, pressing my hands over my face and rubbing. I was tired, maybe that was it. I wasnt getting enough sleep, maybe I was out of practice with girls or something.
Maybe....
Maybe i just needed to get some out of somebody and get over myself already.
I had been on a sort of dry spell because I'd focused on Hannah so much, and there was plenty other girls at that uppity school I hadn't slept with yet.
I opened my eyes slightly, gazing at my sun visor.
If I couldn’t have Hannah, for the time being at least, who else would be easy? I could always just get it off with Jessica, she was always willing, but I didn’t want to do that to Ricky.
Fuck me man.
I jumped as something suddenly slapped my window, and I looked over in surprise, seeing a hand against it. My heart raced for a few seconds in panic before I realized it was just my asshole friend.
Fuck.
"Dude, what are you doing?" Ricky asked, opening my door and letting the cool night air sweep in. "You've been sitting out here for fifteen minutes."
Had it been that long already?
I didn’t answer, just stepped out and slammed my door a lot harder than necessary.
Ricky raised his brows. "So you didn’t get laid, huh?"
I ignored him, stogging toward the house.
"Chris told you Hannah would be difficult," he called, hurrying to catch up with me. "She's not like everyone else ---."
"Fuck, Hannah, man, I am so done with that bitch!" Fuck her and her stupid fucking hair, and her face, and her snarky attitude once you got her to actually talk, which had been a major fucking mistake on my part ---.
I stomped into the house.
I glanced over into the living room, seeing everyone gathered on the couches and the coffee table where the smoke was starting to make the room look like something out of a pot movie.
"What the fuck have I said about not opening windows when you're doing that shit?" I burst, glaring at everyone. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys?"
Everyone just stared at me for a few moments.
Chris was on the couch edge, just about to take another hit off whatever the fuck Ricky had conjured up from his magical drug dealer a few towns over (who honestly really did have
some of the best shit). Devin and Kylie were cuddled up beside him, looking dreamy like they usually did. Ryan was in the floor, and Jessica was on the other couch, looking weird by herself and not attached to Ricky's ass.
"What's wrong with you?" Ryan asked, staring at me. "Did your date go bad that quick?"
"He had a date?" Kylie looked surprised.
Why was it that surprising?
I glowered at all of them.
"Dude, you wanna hit or something?" Ricky asked me as he cautiously edged past me and into the living room. "You need to relax, man. you're way to wound up."
"Yeah, come on, man, it's the good stuff," Ryan offered the joint to me. "Like, it's Tommy's own personal mix this time. Very chilling."
I wavered; I kind of just wanted to go upstairs and break a lot of shit, but I also didn’t want to miss out on this because it really did calm me down.
Well, fuck.
Why not?
I shrugged, and then stepped into the room, plopping down into the floor beside Ryan and taking a long drag, feeling it burn my throat as the smoke swept down into my lungs. I closed my eyes as I exhaled.
"Wow, this is some good shit," I muttered, handing it over to Devin. "Where the fuck did he get this?"
"I don’t exactly ask him questions," I heard Ricky chuckle from behind me, curled back up in Jessica's sickly embrace. "I just pay for shit; he's never let me down."
For real.
It didnt take but a few minutes, and I was already feeling the effects of the joint sweeping through me, and I found myself wavering back and forth.
Fuck yeah, man.
"So, you wanna tell us what went down with Banana?" Ryan asked, clasping my shoulder; we'd come up with this really shitty code name to talk about her in front of the girls, and now I was starting to really appreciate that we had.
"She's a bitch, man, just like all of them." I told him, scowling; were my hands always this big?
"Why she a bitch?"
"Because, dude, she is! Like, she says I'm pushy," I snorted, reaching for what I hoped wasn’t something alcoholic; it was just a red solo cup --- ah, it was Mountain Dew.
"You are pushy," Kylie giggled, looking baked already. "You're pushy about everything!"
"Yeah, but, like, dude you just don’t get it," I sighed, shaking my head. "She was really mean about it. She yelled at me."
"H--- Banana yelled at you?" Chris gasped, looking appalled, his raccoon eyes widening. "She won't even talk!"
"I know, right? She yelled at me to take her home, so I did. And she wouldn’t even kiss me goodnight, man!"
"What a bitch," Ryan agreed, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "But I'll kiss you if you want ---."
"Fuck off, man," I laughed, shoving him away from me, and Ryan giggled as he fell onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. I took the joint from Jessica, and I'm pretty sure she winked at me.
Then again, she might just be twitching, this stuff was hardcore.
I took a long drag again, liking the way it inflated my lungs and made me feel like a balloon, and I exhaled with a giggle, feeling all my frustration melt away.
Well this was nice.
"Duuuudess!" Devin suddenly gasped, his eyes widening. "I got an idea!"
"What's that?" Chris asked him, comparing his hand size to Kylie's, frowning when he realized his hands were bigger. And then they started playing patty cake.
"Like, let's invite Banana over, and she can smoke with us one day!" He beamed at us,
looking proud of his idea. "And then she'll be totally relaxed and just, like, chill. she always looks so... sooooooooo uptight."
"She is uptight." I agreed.
"Her legs will never open," Ryan sang, and I smacked his knees. "I told you they wouldn't. She's determined to end up, like, a nun or something."
"Not if I can help It," I told him, shaking my head. I glanced back as I felt someone's hand in my hair, but it was just Jessica. I think she was making small braids in it, which was okay with me.
I liked it when people played with my hair.
Ricky looked like he was passed out already.
"He's such a lightweight, man, look at him. He'll be so pissed when he realizes we smoked all his shit," I giggled, poking Ricky in the ankle. He mumbled something in his sleep, but didn’t move.
"So how you gonna get Banana to let go of her peel?" Ryan asked me, kicking my thigh with his foot. "Huh? It's like super glued on there, dude."
"Like don’t I know," I frowned, contemplating a minute. "My seducing skills are failing. Chris, she likes you, what do you do?"
"What do I do what?" Chris looked at me blankly, and he missed Kylie's hand, smacking her in the face instead and making her yelp.
"Sorry!" He gasped in horror, but she merely giggled.
"it didn’t hurt, don’t worry! But I don’t wanna cake anymore," she told him, curling back up to Devin, but letting her legs rest in Chris lap. "You suck, Christopher."
He rolled his eyes at her.
"Chris!" I flailed my arms to get his attention. "How do you make her like you?"
"Dude, I don’t do anything, i'm just, like, there. Hey, maybe she just likes tall guys!" He perked up. "You're fucked then."
"Have you seen her, dude? All guys are tall for her," Ryan snorted, clapping his hands every few seconds like he was after something.
"Well, she's a loner," Chris pointed out. "So she doesn’t like large groups of people, they probably make her nervous. She no doubt likes candy, though. All girls like candy. And flowers. Oooo, ooo, maybe you could do one of those ----."
"No," Kylie interrupted him, shaking her head. "Banana won't want him to gift her now that he's been an asshole, he'll have to make it up another way! Like leave her the hell alone for a while, then come in like some kind of badass when she's in trouble. Girls loved to be saved," she sighed dreamily, snuggling against Devin. "Don't we, Devvy?"
"Mhmhmm," he was about done, I could tell; his lids were drooping, and he was looking sleepy, so if Kylie didn’t get him upstairs soon he would be worthless when they tried to fuck later.
And i told her that too, making her look all offended and shit.
But she did heft his drooping arms over her shoulder and help him upstairs.
So that took care of that.
"Ricky's not moving," Jessica sighed, wrapping her arms around my shoulders from behind, her lips drawing into a pout. "He's so heavy!"
"Then leave him there," Ryan informed her. "Let him sleep on the couch."
"Man, I'm out," Chris suddenly yawned, stretching his long noodle arms into the starless sky. "I'm so tired, like, I could sleep standing like a potato."
"Potatoes don’t sleep standing, stupid," I burst, shaking my head. "Don’t be ridiculous!"
"Yeah, they must lay on their side," Ryan snorted, rolling around like a turtle. "Duh!"
We all burst into laughter.
I'd never had so much fun talking about a potato.
Chris giggled as he stood, and then he was stumbling his way to the stairs, singing something about pineapples under the sea.
He had a nice voice, he should probably start a band.
Jessica just rolled her eyes as I informed her and Ryan of it.
"Nah bro," Ryan finally squirmed around until he was on his stomach. "He sucks too much. He would never make it in a band, too bitchtastic. Did you know we can swim like this?"
I rolled my eyes, then struggled to my feet, nearly falling over the table in the process.
"You're done, dude, get some rest."
"Sleep is for the WEAK!"
I grinned, watching as Ryan attempted to swim his way to the other couch.
I chuckled as I started for the stairs, nearly falling down them several times until I decided climbing on my knees was probably a better alternative then death.
Though wouldn't that really make her feel bad, being mean to me on the night that I died.
I would so haunt her.
And all my friends.
Like I would show them some real poltergeist shit, way better then that movie.
I giggled as I wobbled to my feet and tried to make it to my room, it the very last door on the right by the big windows at the end of the landing. I fumbled with the door knob, irritated when it turned to jelly in my hand and got everywhere, refusing to open whatsoever until I shoved it.
Finally!
I stepped confidently into my room and stepped carefully across the moving floor until I reached the bed, kicking off my shoes before I attempted to get on it.
Everything kept moving man!
I sighed, and then looked over in surprise as my door opened again.
"What do you want, woman?" I demanded, seeing Jessica standing there. She didn't answer, just shut the door and did her version of a high trot over to where I sat, reminding me of a pony and making me giggle at how ridiculous she looked.
"Joshie," she stepped between my thighs and wrapped her arm around my neck, nuzzling
"Woman, where's your Ricky?" I asked, grimacing and watching ad the room behind her started to melt into big puddles on my rugs.
Ryan could swim through that now.
Whoa, why we're my pants open?
I looked down at my boxers, a little surprised.
Had my pants been open the entire night?
Well that was embarrassing.
Oh hell.
I blinked at Jessica as she suddenly knelt, the back of her messy hair obscuring the view of my boxers.
Oh nice.
I let my fingers clench in her hair, and I leaned back on my other palm, relaxing.
She'd always been really good at these.