Bad Luck Hannah

Like Some Kind of Bet (Seriously Seriously?)

"Bye, Hannah!" I heard the smirky friend call as I hastily went down the staircase, gripping my phone tightly in my hand. It was eight in the morning, and my mom would be off work soon and I had to get back before she did.
Otherwise I was so dead.
I glanced at the kitchen as I reached the bottom of the stairs, seeing he was sitting at the counters, a bowl of lucky charms in front of him. He dark hair was loose around his shoulders, and he was dressed in only his boxers as well.
Did none of the guys wear pants around here?
I didn’t asnwer him, just looked away in annoyance, unsure why he got under my skin so much.
Maybe it was just the way he looked at me, like I was some kind of prize or something to be dissected rather then an actual person.
Like some kind of bet.
I felt Josh's hand brush my waist, and he was urging me to the front door, his car keys jingling in his hand.
"Don’t be home too late, kids!" I heard his friend call from the kitchen after us. "Use protection again!"
Oh my god.
I felt my face heat, and Josh rolled his eyes as he hurried off the steps, pulling me after him. My eyes flicked to the cars still parked in the yard, letting me know real quick that some of his guests from last night had stayed over, probably slept in the den, but I hadn't even looked in its direction.
And the cars were wet, meaning it had rained.
I wished it wouldn’t rain so much here.
"Come on," Josh yawned, opening my door for me. "Let's get you home before your mom realizes she doesn’t like me."
I rolled my eyes, but piled in obediently.
Of course no one was home when we got to my house, the driveway completely empty. Jason had work on the weekends, so he was always gone early, and he always got home late anymore, which I preferred.
"Thanks," I nudged open my door. "My mom would kill me if she knew I spent the night at your house."
"I dunno, she really likes me," Josh chuckled, slipping his fingers through mine as we walked towards the porch. "Like I think she has me on a pedestal."
I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.
I merely shrugged, hastily using my keys to unlock the door, and I stepped inside, flipping on the lights. I hadnt meant to stay the night, that hadnt been my intention at all, and I hated I was wearing last nights clothes, too.
I sighed as I kicked off my shoes, my stomach little tight and a little painful.
It wasn’t fair.
Why did I have to feel so bad?
At least I’d gotten to brush my teeth.
And Josh apparently didn’t think I looked hideous without makeup, though he'd already seen my face without it before when he'd unceremoniously stopped by before to ask me on that disaster of a date.
Funny how things had changed since then.
I turned toward him, seeing he was examining the family photos hanging on the walls.
"Is this you?" He asked, and I nodded, seeing he was looking at one of my baby photos, a pink ribbon clipped into what little amount of blonde hair I had.
"So you are a natural blonde," he chuckled, glancing slyly at me. "I thought as much."
"Shut up," I mumbled, pinkening immediately.
He grinned, then curled his fingers back through mine, pulling me against his chest. It was like he couldn’t stop touching me or something, and I had to admit it was nice.
I didn’t mind at all.
I pressed my face against his shirt with a content sigh, nuzzling the dark material that smelled like him. Admittedly, I was still wearing his band shirt, I hadn't been able to find my sweater anywhere. My tank top, yes, but it had been too cold to leave in just that, so he'd loaned me the shirt.
I hoped he could find my sweater, it was one of my favorites.
"I honestly don’t want to leave," he murmured into my hair, his fingers splayed across my back. "I like holding you too much."
"You can stay as long as you want," I said after a moment, chewing my lip. "No one will
mind."
"Your mom probably will after pulling an all nighter," he chuckled in response, taking a step back from me. "So I'd better get going. But I'll see you Monday, anyway, when I pick you up for school."
That was true.
I nodded my head, following him to the door.
"I'll text you later, okay?"
"Okay."
I reluctantly let go of his hand, wishing he didn’t have to go so soon, and he turned around to face me, presumably to give me a goodbye kiss.
"I so don’t want to go," he sighed, leaning down to press his forehead against mine. "I like being around you too much. You're addicting."
"You're exaggerating," I chuckled, kissing him lightly.
"I never exaggerate," he grinned, and kissed me back, a little more intensely then I'd expected. His hand rose to my face, cupping it as the other swept down to my hips, a little lower then strictly necessary.
I felt it creep to the back of my jeans, slipping down into my pocket, squeezing lightly.
"Next time," he murmured against my lips, pulling away slightly where I could see his darkening eyes, "I'm going to make sure you remember everything."

Josh POV

"So, did you score last night or what?" Ryan asked me, his feet propped on the kitchen table as he leaned back in his chair. I rolled my eyes at him as I found a clean bowl and poured some cereal in it, deciding I would just ignore him completely.
He would go away, right?
"Well?" He demanded when I didn’t answer. "I wanna know if I lost the bet or not, asshole!"
"You didn’t lose," I huffed, keeping my back to him as I poured the milk into my bowl. "I didn’t sleep with Hannah."
"Really?" I knew his eyebrows had disappeared into his hair. "It sounded like a lil' somethin' somethin' went down in there last night. Or was that just Chris the entire time?"
I grimaced.
I couldn’t believe Chris and Kylie had slept together.
"Does... Devin know about...?"
"Er, yeah," Ryan sighed, and I turned to look at him, leaning against the island, noticing he'd
dragged one of the barstools to the table. "I'm pretty sure he heard the end of it, anyway. For all intents and purposes, I'm fairly sure they're officially over."
"Why did Chris even sleep with her?" I muttered, shoveling a spoonful of lucky charms into my mouth. "Like the fuck?"
"Hell, I dunno, man. Why did she spread her legs?" He shrugged his shoulders, letting his feet fall to the ground. "Chris is needy, you know that. And Kylie likes him. She likes Devin. it's one of those things."
It was fucking stupid is what it was.
If you were with someone, you were with them, period. You didn’t go off and cheat on them with one of their friends, or likewise.
Like I could say shit, though.
I was guilty for sleeping with Jessica, and though we were the only two who knew about that litte incident, it didn’t make it any better. I couldn’t judge Chris for doing something I had, even though I'd managed to not get caught unless the bitch let it slip or something.
What a mess.
I sighed, stirring my cereal a little, becoming less interested in eating now.
"So, Josh, you gonna tell me what happened or not?"
"Not," I decided, propping my chin on my hand as I glanced at him. "It doesn’t matter."
"What? But it does too!" He protested, looking annoyed. "If you didn’t fuck her, you obviously did something, because I heard her downstairs."
Whelp.
I grinned, feeling pleased again.
Heh.
"I'm just that good," I chuckled, straightening as I heard creaking on the stairs. "Let's just leave it at that."
"Good at what?" Ricky mumbled sleepily as he straggled into the kitchen, his shirt on backward as he tried to remember where the fridge was. "What are we talking about?"
"Nothing," I moved out of his way. "Where's ---?"
"Sleeping it off in the den," he responded, speaking of Tommy and Ry.
My eyes flicked over, but the kitchen door faced the center of the stairs, where the den door was at the end of them. I couldn’t see them from here.
It made me feel awkward, seeing Ry here. She was dating Tommy, but she'd been my first real girlfriend when I'd started high school. She was the first girl I'd slept with, that kind of shit. We'd broke up, but we ended up being friends regardless. She seemed completely over the fact we had been together, all over Tommy now, I guess. She seemed happy, so I supposed that was what counted.
Made me feel better about it, anyway.
"So, did I hear Tommy say Hannah was your girlfriend last night?" Ricky asked, setting some orange juice on the counter, fumbling for a glass.
"Yep," I stirred my cereal some more.
"Did you introduce her as that?"
"Yep."
This was where it was about to get serious.
I felt both of my friends eyes zoom to my face, and I pretended to be more interested in my breakfast then them.
"Like... seriously seriously?" Ricky asked after a second, looking surprised. "Like are you guys for real now or is it still for the ---."
"For the time, for real," I interrupted him, shrugging my shoulders. "It's the only way it's going to work out."
I didn’t want them to think I was stupid enough to like her as much as I actually did. I hadnt meant for it to happen like this, but it had, and I didn’t need them teasing me for it, either.
They just didn’t know Hannah.
She was sweet, and kind, and genuine about it. She wasn’t faking anything, and though she was really awkward and shy, she was warming up to me so much I almost felt like she cared about me.
Which sucked, if she did.
But she had to like me to agree to be my girlfriend, right?
Right.
So I was an asshole again, because I'd only started this over some lame bet that involved pizza, and if she ever found out about it, she would hate me, and it would hurt her more then it ever should.
I didn’t want her to hurt.
I couldn’t imagine the damage that would cause to her, as hard as she already has Iit.
So I needed to make sure she never found out about it.
Ever.