Bad Luck Hannah

You Gotta Make Her Comfortable

Josh POV

"I mean, what the fuck? She just fucking left with that bitch --- why do we even need girls?" I ranted, ripping the fridge door open. "Why the fuck do they have to stick together like that?"
my hand closed around the beer settled at the bottom, and I angrily popped the tab, slamming the door closed as I tilted it to my lips.
"And she started crying!" I hissed, whirling around to stare at Ricky where he sat at the island, eating a bowl of cereal slowly as he listened to me, despite the fact it was late afternoon. I was pretty sure I'd bitched Devins ear off the entire day, and so when he'd left, I'd continued on to Ricky, considering those two were the only ones awake so far. "I mean, come the hell on! Why did she have to cry!?"
I finished off the beer, then crushed it in my hand, tossing it into the trash can, brooding.
"I dont get girls at all, man. Why did I agree to do this again? Fuck, why did I even ask her out? Why the hell did I yell at her?" I sighed, leaning back against the counter. "I was a complete dickhead to her this morning, no wonder she left with that girl."
Ricky just continued to eat his cereal, gazing at me calmly.
"And to boot it was her fuckwad of a brothers girlfriend! I just dont get it, man," I shook my head. "Like, I get I was being an asshole, but she deliberately went behind my back and did what I told her not to do! And Chris is going to fuck everything up if he doesnt get ahold of himself! Is he trying to get her feelings hurt? She doenst need to know about the damned bet, it would only make shit worse. Motherfucker! I --- fuck, Rick, could you stop eating for one second and help me out here?"
Ricky shrugged his shoulders, his black hair in a loose bun on the back of his head. He reached for his orange juice, taking a rather long drink of it before sitting it down, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.
"I dunno," he said after a few moments, as if he'd been thinking the entire time. "Sounds like you were just an asshole."
Great.
I glared at him.
"Dude, what the hell is with all the ranting down here?"
I glanced over as Ryan staggered into the room in his shorts, rubbing his blackened eyes. I scowled, seeing someone had drawn all over his chest with a sharpie; the bonfire had been hard on him last night, I could vaguely remember him passing out after getting so drunk. Me and Chris had to drag his ass back to the car and then upstairs at four this morning.
And then Chris had spilled that Hannah had texted him, his face guilty.
That fucking asshole was going to ruin everything I had with her before I even had a chance to have it.
"Josh and Hannah had their first fight," Ricky informed him, spooning another mouthful of cereal between his lips. "He was being an ass."
"Oh? Waddija do?" Ryan blinked at me, his eyes bleary. I was pretty sure that was a strawberry on his neck.
"She texted Chris, after I told her not too," I huffed, slinking down into a chair, wishing we had some more alcohol in the house. We tried to keep it at a minimum during the week days, and we just hadnt stocked up any since we'd had the party the other weekend.
Fake ID's came in handy, especially when you had a tall fuck like Chris who looked older then he was.
"Why'd you tell her not too?"
"Because I didn't want him fucking up and saying something to her he shouldn't! Again! And she was asking questions, and I just --- I lost my temper," I muttered, propping my chin in my hand moodily. "I yelled at her, and she left me standing at the diner with her brother. His girlfriend took her home."
"Wow, way to be smooth," Ryan snorted, opening the fridge as he searched for food we didnt have. "You're going to fuck yourself over more then Chris ever would. You better make up with her if you wanna get those legs open."
I wished he'd stop talking about her like that.
She wasn't just a fuck anymore.
She had feelings.
Irrational, challenging feelings.
I grunted in response, picking at the ratty, dirty table cloth on the table.
"She's just going to ignore me for a week," I grumbled, leaning back in the chair, balancing on its back legs. "She probably hates me, and nothing I do is going to make it better."
"Well, that's your own fault," Ricky informed me, letting his bowl drop into the sink with all the others no one had bothered to wash; Devin usually ended up getting stuck doing the household shit like that, but he was off with his parents for the weekend. He'd even had to miss the bonfire, the poor sap.
I glared at Ricky.
He wasn't helpful.
Like at all.
"Guys, come on, give me some advice here," I sighed, rubbing my tired face. I'd barely gotten any sleep, maybe two or three hours at the most. I'd been so pissed off, not to mention a little high from smoking Tommy's shit again, that I'd been restless. All I'd wanted to do was get Hannah and demand to know why she'd gone behind my back and hadn't listened to me.
And now, as I was pretty sure the drugs were starting to leave my system, I saw what a complete and utter ass I'd been.
But I didnt dare tell her I'd been high, she would have a heart attack. She'd already told me she didnt want to be in the car with me if I was drinking or influenced, and I'd promised her I wouldn't drive her anywhere if I was.
well, I'd lied.
Because that was exactly what I'd done this morning.
Me: Hannah I'm sorry about earlier can we talk
Me: Hannah pls come on dont ignore me
Me: Hannah
Me: pls pls pls
Me: HANNAH PLEASE I'M SORRY PLEASE ANSWER ME
"She's ignoring me!" I whined, anxiously tapping my fingers against the coffee table where Ricky was rolling his joints, tapping them perfectly.
"Of course she is," Ryan yawned, his legs thrown over the arm of the couch as he laid on his back, texting some girl. "You're an asshole. suffer for it, dude."
"She can't ignore me forever!" I huffed, shoving more weed at Ricky when he motioned for it. "I'm taking her to that lame ass dance!"
"Well, that's pretty fifty fifty now," Ricky chuckled, carefully packing the green herbs down. "You probably really hurt her feelings and embarrassed her. Hell, you made her cry! She'll be ignoring you for a while."
"No," I stubbornly refused to believe that. "No way. I'll.... I'll fucking go over there if I have too and make her forgive me!"
"Good luck with that. I'm sure her parents would just be super happy with you showing up in the middle of the night."
"You guys are supposed to be more helpful," I grunted, feeling twitchy; I think I was having some off effects from Tommy's shit. He was going to have to pipe that stuff down before it gave his loyal customers heart attacks.
Me: Hannah pls I am so sorry about earlier I never meant to snap at you or make you cry
Me: or anything like that, I was just so upset because you'd texted Chris and
No, I didnt want to bring that back up.
Me: or anything like that, I was in a pissy mood and I took it out on you because im a total asshole and I just hope
Me: that you can forgive me, okay? please answer me.
Me: or at least let me know that you dont asbolutely hate me
"Dude, you're starting to get clingy," Ryan smacked at the back of my hair. "Stop acting like a little bitch."
"I'm not, but she ---."
"You two haven't slept together, so you can calm down, okay? Obviously she's not good in the sack yet, so i dont get what's making you so needy. Does she give good blow jobs or something?"
"For fucks sake, Ryan, come on!" I glared at him. "She's a freaking virgin, she's not done anything!"
And I think I would be upset if I found out she had.
Because I liked that she was so innocent, I dunno, it just made her.... more precious, I guess.
"Not even with you?" Now Ricky raised his head to look at me, brows shooting up into his hair. "You guys haven't fooled around?"
"Of course we've fooled around! We just, well, she hasnt ---."
"You need to stop focusing on pleasing her so much then," Ryan said decisively, nodding his head as if he'd figured out what my problem was. "That's the issue here. You've given her too much, and now she's upset when you try to do for yourself. Has she not even touched your dick yet?"
"I dont see how that's ---."
"Because you need to break her into this nice and slow, yknow? Make her comfortable so when you fuck, she's not having a heart attack because she's never touched one before." Ryan continued as if I hadn't spoke. "Let her get comfortable with it. Is she comfortable with you touching her at least?"
Very.
But that wasn't any of their business.
"Ryan, since when are you the sex doctor or whatever?" I rolled my eyes at him, tugging my beanie lower on my head in annoyance. "Just shut up."
"Ugh, why am I even offering you advice?" he grunted, sounding offended. "I'm the one who's fucked if you sleep with her."
"Yeah, I know, what's your deal?" Ricky chuckled at him as he flicked his lighter, the flame roaring to life and lighting the joint between his lips. "You keep trying to help him get laid and its weird."
It was kind of weird.
He wasn't usually so helpful, either.
"Why do you want me to sleep with Hannah so bad when you know you're the one who's going to lose the bet if I do, huh?" I raised my brows at him suspiciously, twisting around so I could get a good look at his face.
"I'm a good friend like that, I guess."
He was not a good friend.
"Ahuh. You've got a secret agenda and I fucking know it." I glared at him. "Spill."
"Your phone went off," Ricky murmured, peering at the screen where Hannah's name lit up.
i grabbed it quickly, flicking through my texts, and I sighed when I read it.
Hannah: Fuck you
"Wow, she really is mad," Ryan chuckled as he read over my shoulder. "I've never heard her cuss or anything."
"What did she say?" Ricky looked curious."
"Fuck you."
"Wow, you did make her mad. Great job, Josh."
"Screw you guys," I mumbled, tossing my phone back on the coffee table. "What do you think she'd do if I just showed up over there?"
"Sell your soul to her virgin goddess."
"Kick your ass."
"Or maybe forgive me if I grovel enough," I murmured thoughtfully, scratching my jaw. "She probably would if she saw me in person."
"Yeah, but its like eleven. I'm sure her parents are gonna have issues with you showing up."
"Not if they dont see me," I said, brightening. "I can get through her window, easy."
"Stalker, much? Josh, you need to just leave her alone," Ricky shook his head at me, but I ignored him, crawling to my feet, my ass sore from sitting on the floor for so many hours. "Where the hell are you going?"
"Where do you think? I'm gonna go make up!"
"Josh, that's not a good idea ---."
"I'll see you guys later!"
Me: I'm coming over, we're going to fix this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Josh *shakes head sadly*