Bad Luck Hannah

Don't Be Mad at Me

I ignored my phone as it went off for what had to be the thousandth time, hoping Josh choked on it for all that I cared. I had my phone sitting on the nightstand, while I was on the bed scrolling through music videos.
It had been really nice of Hayley to drive me home, basically coming to my rescue today. She'd chatted lightly on the way back, but it had been obvious she hadn't expected me to answer as she chatted, light music playing through her speakers. She really was genuinely nice, and when we'd pulled up in front of the house, she'd assured me that while guys were total asses sometimes, they would come groveling back eventually.
That's what she'd expected Josh to do.
And it was exactly what he was doing.
But I was ignoring him, I didn't feel like forgiving him right now.
I felt like hitting him with a house.
That's what he deserved, anyway.
I Sighed, Bored Of Watching Videos, And It Was getting late anyway.
Might as well go to bed, it wasn't like I had anything else to do anyway.
I closed my laptop, shuffling around until it was on my nightstand. I hastily plugged in my phone, the screen lighting up to tell me I had fifteen unseen texts. Well, I had no intention of answering them any time soon.
I quickly clicked the screen black.
I glanced at my window, making sure the curtains were mostly closed before I shuffled down into bed, pulling the blanket over my head to block out the remaining light.
What an ass.
Did he really think pitching a fit on me in public was going to end well? Of course it wasn't!
But I suppose I had deserved it.
Though I couldn't understand why texting Chris had ignited such a fire under Joshs pants, anyway. And had Chris told him I'd texted him? I couldn't figure out any other way that he would've known...
Guys confused me.
I threw my arm over my eyes as I rolled onto my back.
I was so mad at him.
Mostly for making me look like an idiot and start crying. I hated crying, especially in front of other people.
I felt like it made me look as weak and pathetic as I really was, unable to even handle someone yelling at me without driveling.
And what made it so much worse was that Jason and Hayley had drove up in the midst of it.
And Jason pretending to care what was happening to me--- that had just been a show for Hayley, no one else. He didn't care about me at all, he'd done that to me and worse several times before.
I didn't see how Hayley hadn't figured out what an awful person he was.
He must be a better actor then I'd pegged him for.
I heard my phone vibrate, and huffed, lifting my arm off my eyes briefly.
When would he get the hint and stop texting me already?
I wasn't going to answer!
Ass.
I ignored it, just like I had the entire day.
I felt stupid.
He made me feel bad about myself, and I definitely didnt need any help with that.
Ugh.
What was that noise?
I hesitated, then lifted the blanket off my face, hearing something pecking against the glass of my window. I frowned, my eyes drawn to the glass, and I stiffened as I saw a shadow blocking some of the moonlight streaming into my room.
He wouldn't.
He did.
What the hell?
I scowled as I threw my blanket back, sending a glance at my locked bedroom door before I hastily scrambled to my feet and to the window.
I threw my curtains back in annoyance, seeing Josh standing in the flower bed, shivering from the looks of it. He was gazing up at me with those big puppy dog eyes of his, and he rapped his knuckles lightly against the glass again, beseeching.
Oh for goodness sake.
I sighed as I lifted the window up.
"What are you doing here?" I hissed softly, and his face dropped slightly at my tone.
"I came to, to apologize," he whispered, his breath visible in front of him. "You won't answer your phone."
That should've been a hint!
"I dont.... I dont want to talk about it," I muttered, my fingers flexing on the window, prepared to slam it down at any moment if he upset me anymore. "Go home, Josh."
"No, not until we talk this out!" He responded stubbornly, rubbing his fingers together against the cold. "Can I come in?"
"What? No! It's like twelve!"
"C'mon, Hannah, it's freezing out here!"
"Shh! If my parents ---."
"I'll be quiet, I promise!"
Darnit.
I cast another glance over my shoulder, then sighed, taking a few steps back.
As hardheaded as he was, he wasn't going to go away until we talked about it, and I didn't need him freezing to death in the process, I suppose. I also didn't want him waking up my parents, either.
Both bad scenarios.
Josh gave me a relieved look as he hefted himself over my window ledge, crawling easily into my room like he'd done it a thousand times before.
Why was he so graceful at crawling through windows?
I almost didn't want to know.
He quickly shut it behind me, and then turned, his hands slipping into the pockets of his faded red hoody as he looked at me, his big blue eyes a little dilated and letting me know quickly what he'd been doing before he'd come here.
Well, that and the smell, of course.
It clung to his clothes.
"Josh," I started to sigh, keeping my voice soft, "we really shouldn't be talking about this right now. It can wait until morning ---."
"No its can't," he whispered quickly, shaking his dark head. "We need to talk about it now. Look, I'm sorry for being such an ass earlier today, okay? I was, well, I was an idiot and I dont want you to hate me and ---."
"Josh, I dont hate you, I'm just ---."
"Really, really mad at me for acting like a jerk in front of everyone?"
"Yes."
Exactly.
He sighed, and ran his hands through his hair, frowning. "I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean to lose my temper like that."
Well, he had.
And he'd made a fool out of both of us in front of the entire diner.
I wasn't sure I ever wanted to go back there.
"I promise I won't yell at you again," he said after a moment, cautiously taking a few steps forward to where I stood, my arms crossed over my chest.
I was in pajamas, which consisted of a black band shirt and sweats, not my most flattering attire. I felt awkward because I wasn't wearing a bra, though I didn't have a big enough chest where it made that much of a difference.
"You can't promise me that."
"That's true, but I can try." he amended quickly. "Because you mean a lot to me and I don't like upsetting you. I was.... I was just so mad you texted Chris," he muttered, staring down at his feet. "After he kissed you and was such an ass. He's still.... not in a good place, and I just... I worry, okay?" he looked like he felt awkward as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't want him to do anything to you. And I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before since I'd been at the bonfire, and I was just.. on edge already."
Well.
I could feel my walls starting to thaw a little bit.
That was kind of... understandable.
And sweet.
And thoughtful.
And maybe I just kind of did want to forgive him and not fight about it. I hated confrontation, fighting of any kind, and.... it was just easier to forgive.
So I just shrugged.
I didn't know what else to say.
"Hannah, please don't be mad anymore," he murmured, stepping in front of me, his hands landing lightly on my arms, as if he knew he was getting ahead and wanted to clear the air completely. "Please. I was just being overprotective, I get that."
I frowned.
Dont give in too quickly, though, right?
Then he would think he could just apologize all the time and everything be okay.
So I didnt say anything, just looked down
"Hannah, hey, please?" he pleaded, and his fingers nudged my chin, forcing me to look up at him. "Dont be mad at me anymore?"
I sighed.
Like I could when he looked at me like that.
"I'm not mad," I mumbled, meeting his eyes for a brief moment before looking away again. "I just.... dont yell at me, okay?"
"Okay," he tugged me to him, his arms curling around my back, and I sighed against his hoodie, nuzzling closer despite he smelled like smoke.
Well, this was one way to resolve an argument, I suppose.
"I hate that I made you so upset," he mumbled into my hair. "I'm really sorry, really."
"I know, I'm... sorry too," I muttered, closing my eyes. "I.... I shouldnt have.... have texted him."
"It doesn't matter now. Let's just forget about it."
Fine.
We stood there a few seconds, and I stifled a yawn, pressing my face against his shoulder.
"Sleepy?" he chuckled, taking a few steps back and tugging on my hands. "Get back into bed then."
"Are you leaving?"
"Can I stay?"
I frowned, stepping over to the edge of my bed and sitting down heavily, feeling a little cold since opening the window had let some of the warmth out.
I wasn't sure if I wanted him to go or not.
It was really cold outside, and I was assuming he'd walked all the way over.
And it was really dark.
"You don't have too," I said after a moment, shrugging my shoulders as I looked down at my fingers. "Just.... be out around five? My parents are usually up by six, so ---."
"I will, I'll even set an alarm on my phone," he told me quickly, kicking off his shoes before crawling into bed beside me, pressing a kiss against the back of my shoulder. "They'll never know I was here."
I certainly hoped so.
I sighed, tugging on the blankets, and after a few minutes we were both settled into my bed, plenty of space for the both of us. Josh snuggled me to him, his arms wrapping around my waist.
"Aren't you going to get too warm?" I murmured of his hoodie, my eyes already closed.
"Are you wanting me to strip down?" he chuckled, kissing my jaw lightly. "Because all you have to do is ask?"
I sighed as I opened my eyes slightly, shaking my head.
"It just gets warm in here, is all."
"I think you just want to see me naked," he teased.
"Josh," I huffed. "I've seen enough of you at this point, don't you think?"
"No. You haven't seen ALL of me."
And I wasn't sure I wanted too.
"I've seen enough."
"So are you saying you dont want to see me naked?"
This was escalating quickly.
"Can we just sleep?" I mumbled, burrowing my face into my pillow. "Please?"
"Do we have to sleep?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?" he nuzzled my neck again, pressing light kisses against my skin, and I shuffled, my eyes opening abruptly when his teeth bit lightly against my spot, making my toes curl automatically.
"Did you come over here to apologize or fool around?" I muttered, unsure if I should be pissy or not.
His hands suddenly stilled where they'd started on my hip, and I felt him hover for a few seconds before he pulled away from me, frowning.
"Is that what you think?"
"Isn't that what you're doing?"
He frowned even more. "Well, no, that wasn't my intention..."
"Because I'm really tired, okay? I just want to sleep." I mumbled, beyond not in the mood to mess around with him; not with how he'd acted today. He didn't get to act like a complete jerk and then apologize and think everything was perfectly okay again.
I ignored the way he kind of deflated, and closed my eyes again as I snuggled back into the pillows.
Josh sighed, and I felt his warm arm skim my hip as he curled up behind me, pressing a light kiss into my hair before his legs tangled in mine, and it wasn't long until I could feel myself starting to doze, quicker then usual.
It generally took me forever to fall asleep, mostly because I always had so much running through my mind. But Josh comforted me, even if he was an ass, and I liked having him around me.
He made me feel safe.

Josh POV

Man I had fucked up so bad.
She wasn't going to fool around with me for weeks after that little fit I'd pitched earlier.
I withheld my sigh, letting my eyes roam her room in the darkness before landing back on her peaceful face, her breathing even and unbothered.
She was so mad at me, but I didn't blame her.
I was such an ass.
I gave in to my sigh, and pressed my lips against her shoulder, wanting nothing more then to smother her in my arms and make sure she never left them until she wasnt mad at me again. I wasn't sure why it bothered me so much, why I was so desperate to make sure she was happy and not trying to think of voodoo spells to cast on me.
Usually I didn't give two fucks, girlfriend or not.
I certainly never had before.
It was one of the reasons me and Ryan Ashley had broke up. After my mom died, I just... stopped caring so much, I guess. My mom had meant a lot to me, especially since my dad and me didn't get along. She had made sure we were at least cordial to each other, and when she'd died.... everything had gone downhill from there.
And it still was.
Hannah shifted, and I glanced at her as she turned her head, burying it in my shoulder, her nose so cold I could feel it through the material of my hoody.
Oh, Hannah...
How could she forgive me for being such a dickhead?
I snuggled closer to her, aware that I literally had the best girlfriend ever. She was incredibly forgiving, because I knew tons of other girls who would've pitched an even bigger fit then what I had earlier today when they got the chance at payback.
But her...
No.
Hannah didn't like fighting, she had enough of that with her brother.
Which made me feel like an even bigger dick.
Ugh.
Man, I had really gotten in over my head with this.
I was just relieved she wasnt mad at me anymore.
I hoped she didnt hold a grudge though.
Ugh, great.
I grimaced, tightening my hold around her, aware my fingers were now brushing the bare skin of her back where she kept squirming.
She never slept in one place long, I'd already learned that.
I chuckled, and gave her forehead a kiss before I shuffled, slinking down farther in the bed until I was comfortable.
Guess I was sleeping over.
Maybe the guys would be able to function without me.