Bad Luck Hannah

Oh, Come On!

Josh POV

Hannah was still mad at me.
She literally wouldn't talk to me at all.
I glanced over at her nervously, but she just sat in the passenger seat of my car, gazing forward, her books held in her lap.
And here I'd worked so damn hard to get her to talk to me.
I'd groveled.
I sighed, my eyes flicking to the road as I pulled into the school parking lot, weaving slowly towards the back where I normally parked.
It was like they were assigned.
No one ever parked there since me and Chris had claimed the two spots side by side, and I half-ass wondered if they thought we would fuck with their cars if they did.
Probably.
Especially Devin, since he and Chris switched out on their driving days; Devin hated having to search for somewhere to park, and I'd seen him go almost homicidal if someone cut him off and got the spot first.
Yikes.
"Hannah, are you going to give me the silent treatment again?" I huffed, glancing at her, her silence starting to strike a nerve; I should be used to her silence, it wasn't like she talked a lot anyway, but still. "I said I was sorry like ten times."
She ignored me, though her face did go more into a sour frown.
Which wasn't a good sign.
I was really boned.
I held back a sigh as I backed slowly into my spot, making sure not to run over the sidewalk; backing while high and proved to be really hard for me.
"Han, can we talk about ---?"
The door slammed in my face.
Dammit!
I cursed, and slipped hastily out of the car, barely remembering to grab my backpack from the back seat and lock it as I sprinted after her worriedly.
"Hannah, come on!" I called, my longer legs catching up with her huffy strides. "Please don't be mad anymore, how many times have I gotta say I'm sorry?" I begged, staring at her as I walked beside her. "Please!"
"It doesn't matter how many times you apologize," she snapped at me, glancing over, her eyes glittering. "It's not going to make me get over it faster."
"But, Hannah ---."
"No!"
Jeez.
I'd really screwed myself over.
She would never sleep with me now.
Hell, she'd never let me touch her now.
I followed her nervously, shamelessly needling her, not caring how detrimental it was to my manhood; I couldn't stand the thought of her mad at me, not the sweet, ridiculously caring person that she was.
It was like I'd offended an angel or something.
And I needed to make it right.
I'd just --- fuck, I could make as many excuses as I wanted as to why I'd been a dickhole to her out in the open, and for what it mattered, she should still be mad at me. She should dump my ass and call it quits --- which made my chest tighten painfully.
"Hannah, please," I whined, her pace slowing as we made it to the commons, which was starting to bustle with other asshole Greneth students, including her brother and his bitchy girlfriend who thought she knew everything.
"Josh," she sent me an annoyed look. "Seriously? Are you going to follow me all the way to class?"
"Yes." I answered, staring her down, flushing slightly as I felt people start to look at us; I would embarrass the fuck out of her in a moment, get down on my knees and motherfucking beg if it came to it.
I would get my way.
I had too.
I wasn't about to let Ryan win this shit, after all.
Though, if I did win, I knew without a doubt I wasn't about to tell any of my friends that we had been together; for some reason, it was some like a violation of Hannah's trust, if she ever chose to let me near her again.
Which made me feel shittier about the situation.
I'd only nagged at her to hang out with me because of a bet, but things had really changed now; it wasn't about her sleeping with me, I could take care of myself if I got frustrated.
"Please?"
"Josh, you're so --- annoying!"
Oh, I was annoying?
I huffed as I stared down at her, clenching my hand around the strap of my bag as it rested against one shoulder. We were just staring each other down, glaring, and I didn't give a fuck now if people were looking at us or not.
"Look, I'm not gonna grovel, if that's what you fucking want. I shouldn't have too to let you know I regret fucking up," I snapped, losing my cool a little. "You should understand, you were the one in the wrong ---."
"No, I fucking wasn't!" She gasped, as if she was outraged. She glared furiously at me, clenching her books tighter to her chest. "You're such an ass, Josh!"
"How am I the ass?" I demanded, my hand ramming into my own chest. "You did what I told you not too ---."
"You can't tell me what to do!"
"I can when it's in your best interest!"
"Well, fuck your interests!" she hissed, and for a moment, I was sure I saw the fires of hell flow out of her ears. "I don't need another big brother, Josh!"
Ouch.
The fuck was that supposed to mean!?
"I'm nothing like your brother," I squawked, glaring down at her, and at least now she didn't cower away from it, she stood her ground, spine straightening and chin rising; I was almost proud of her.
I would have been incredibly proud if she hadn't been fighting with me.
"Oh yeah? Because he bosses me around just like you're trying to do!" she snapped.
"Yeah, but I'm not ---."
"You're being an asshole, don't even say you're not!"
I huffed, glaring down at her.
"You're being totally irr---."
"Don't you fucking say that," she snarled, and her finger literally jabbed into my chest. "Don't!"
Fuck.
She made a huffy noise, and then abruptly turned on her heel, stalking away from me.
I glared after her, giving her a few seconds head start, knowing she was heading for the back door to the library.
I wasn't running after her.
This wasn't my fault.
....
Aw, motherfucker.
"Hannah!" I chased after her, unable to just let her walk away from me.

"Why were you running around after Hannah like she has your balls on a leash?" Ricky asked me as I gloomily sat down at the lunch table, shuffling around.
I glared at him.
"I wasn't."
"Dude, you ran right past me and Devin, chasing her down as she went to the library; I've never seen you run after a girl like that before. What the fuck's the issue?"
"She's mad at me," I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders as I stared at my lunch tray, none of the food seeming appetizing. "I was trying to fix it."
"Not very well. Just made yourself look like an idiot."
Fuck you too, man.
"Lay off," Chris grunted as he sat down beside me, rolling his eyes beneath his heavily darkened eyes. "They're having their first couple's spat."
Because of you!
I glared at him, too.
"Who is?" Ryan asked curiously, him and Devin finally joining us at the table; for once it was just us guys, no Jessica or Kylie to bother us. Kylie was now sitting at a completely different table with one of her other friends, and I had no idea where Jessica was; probably blowing someone in a bathroom.
"Josh and Hannah."
"Still?" he raised his brows at me. "I thought you made up last night."
"I did too," I sighed, tugging on my beanie. "But she was still mad this morning when I picked her up."
"Well, you pulled a dick move on her, Josh," Devin sighed at me, propping his chin on his hand as he picks at his food. "You embarrassed her in public, you know that's going to take her a while to get over. She's quiet, and reserved, and you kind of crossed a line."
I knew that.
I didn't need him reminding me of that.
I huffed, and shoved my tray away from me, grimacing.
"I fucking know, okay!?"
"Don't get bitchy with Devin just because you can't get your dick wet," Ryan warned me, his lips curled in a half-grin. "Not that you were anyway."
I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah, how was that progressing?" Ricky asked curiously, opening his milk carton.
"It was fine."
"Apparently." Ryan chuckled. "We all heard her upstairs the other day. I'll give you a point for that one."
My lips twitched.
Yeah, I was pretty proud about that too.
Heh.
I rubbed my jaw.
"Why don't you do something nice for her?" Devin suggests after a moment, and I glanced at him. "Get her some flowers, or some of her favorite books --- just something sweet she wouldn't expect. What's something she likes?"
"Hell, I dunno," I muttered, crossing my arms on the table and leaning forward thoughtfully. "She likes reading, yeah. She hates math. Her music ---."
"Is as badass as ours, we know; you wouldn't stop bragging about that," Ryan rolled his eyes.
"Why not buy her a band shirt?" Devin brightened. "One she doesn't have?"
"How should I know what she doesn't have?" I sighed.
"You haven't seen her closet?" Devin looked genuinely surprised.
"Dude, why the fuck would I have seen her closet?" I rolled my eyes. "Besides, she's about as organized as Ricky over here is. I wouldn't be able to know what's what."
"Hey!" Rick glared at me, half a cheaply processed hamburger in his mouth.
"Well, what's a more obscure band she likes? We can head to the city after school and go get some shit from the mall," Ryan offered. "I'm needing some stuff anyway."
"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan," Ricky nodded his head eagerly.
"I dunno," I frowned.
What if I got her something and she already had it? Would she hate it? Throw it in my face?
Tell me I was like her brother again?
That had really struck a nerve with me.
I wasn't anything like that guy!
I would never hit her, or push her around, or try to make her feel inadequate --- not on purpose, anyway.
I wasn't that shitty.
Except, well, when I was high on the hard shit.
Which is something I wasn't gonna do again, not if it turned me into the jackass.
Off limits from now on.
Only baby stuff.
Which reminds me.
"Rick, when are you getting some more stuff?" I suddenly demanded, looking straight at him. "I need some."
He frowned at me.
"Why do you need some? You said it was too light for you."
"It's not for me."
"Are you planning on getting Hannah high again?" Chris frowned at me, his brows furrowing. "Dude, if you try to fuck her while she's high, it's not right and you know it."
I sent him an insulted look.
"I didn't last time, did I?" I challenged, shaking my head. "I'm not gonna do that. But it chills her out, makes her last nervous."
"Are you trying to convert her or something to a stoner like us?"
"No, I just want her to relax more. Even Ryan said he liked her more that way."
"Well, she's not as prissy," Ryan shrugged. "How you gonna get her to smoke it, anyway?"
"She trusts me, so as long as I'm around, she's fine with it. And the baby shit Rick does won't make her sick like Tommy's did."
"I resent that!"
"Rick, you have the lowest tolerance of all of us," Devin chuckled, nudging at him. "You know that, no point in being insulted."
Ricky grumbled under his breath.
"So, mall after school?" Ryan asked when the conversation lulled, a hopeful look on his face.
"Yeah, might as well," I sighed. "Hannah won't let me drive her home today anyway. Said she'd rather walk through a swarm of locusts then get in the car with me again."
"Yikes, man. Going all biblical on you and shit," Ryan shuddered. "You really pissed her off."
Yeah, I was fucking aware of that.