Bad Luck Hannah

I'm Doing Her a Favor

Fuck yes!
She was gonna meet me after school!
I grinned, excited, and I tapped my foot impatiently through the rest of the day, wishing it would hurry up and end.
The longer it took the more time she had to change her mind.
"So what's with you man?" Chris muttered at me when we all got to work together in a group project in our Lit class, those annoying posters of talking animals an old books obnoxiously posted around the walls, one with a cat falling off a branch catching my eye; poor cat. "You're so fucking excited."
I felt my grin grow as I looked at Ryan, his long hair streaming out of his faded blue beanie, dark eyes sporting black circles where he never slept.
They were going to die when I told them.
"Hannah agreed to hang with me after school."
Ryan frowned immediately. "No way, she doesn't even talk."
"She nodded."
"Are you sure?" Chris frowned at the two of us. "You didn't just misinterprete?"
"Nope, I asked twice to clarify," I leaned back in my chair, pleased with myself. "We're gonna hang out after school and you guys can go fuck yourselves."
They both frowned at me, but their pissy moods couldn't bring me down.
I was gonna get to hang with Hannah and I would somehow convince her to sleep with me and I would win this bet and shove it down Ryans throat for the rest of our lives.
So there.
And when that class bell rang I was out of my chair and at the back entrance to the library before the guys were even half way down the hall.
I waited impatiently, my backpack slung over my shoulder, and after a few moments I saw the backdoor starting to open. I quickly leaned nonchalantly against the wall, pretending like I wasn't eagerly waiting for her to step outside, staring down at my phone screen like it really held my interest.
Hannah stepped out, looking down at her phone and nearly bumping into me.
I chuckled, quickly catching her phone as it started to topple from her hand.
"I'm starting to think you like bumping into me," I grinned down at her, and her face flushed, embarrassed. She held her hand out, giving me a pointed look, and I dropped her phone into her hand obediently.
I was getting really good at figuring her out.
She might not like to talk, but I was figuring out her little gestures and looks pretty fucking well.
Especially the nasty ones.
"Come on, we'll run into town and get something to eat before we get to work on your homework," I offered, and she hesitated, her eyes flicking up to my face warily.
"Just at the diner," I told her quickly. "I'm not tricking you into a date or anything. Well, actually," I rubbed my jaw thoughtfully, "we could call this a 'study' date if you want?"
She shook her head, rolling her eyes, and I grinned, knowing that would be her response.
Damn she was so cute.
She already had her hood pulled up over her black and blonde hair, which seemed to stream outward until it stopped just about her breasts, and her blue eyes were so bright beneath all the black makeup she wore, her lashes long.
I had to be one of the weirdest guys, but I did love long lashes on a girl.
Among other things, of course.
Right.
I cleared my throat, feeling a little embarrassed at myself, and then motioned forwad, letting Hannah walk in front of me.
We started off toward the edge of the building, but she stopped so abruptly I nearly knocked into her. I raised my head, spying her brother and what appeared to be his girlfriend walking across the front toward the parking lot, a blonde, preppy girl who looked like she was a princess.
"You wanna wait a few minutes?" I asked after a second, seeing her worried expression, and she nodded, taking several steps back so that she was hid behind the building. I propped myself in front of her, leaning my shoulder against the wall and crossing my arms, blocking her from the sight of the other students as they streamed by us.
"So, did you figure any of the other problems out?" I asked, since homework was the only topic I knew she was even mildly interested in. She shook her head, grimacing, and I chuckled.
"Yeah, I know, it's bullshit we even need to learn it, but it's not that bad once you finally get it. I can always be your personal tutor for the rest of the year," I grinned at her, giving my most brilliant smile, but she merely rolled her eyes at me, completely unaffected where usually girls always smiled back at me.
Well, I would grow on her, of that I was sure.
I glanced over my shoulder, seeing her brothers car was now gone, so I turned, pushing away from the building. "C'mon, I think assface is gone."
I started for the parking lot, and she quickly caught up with me, clutching her books to her chest. I'd offer to carry them for her, but the second I reached for them she'd probably punch me, so I let it go.
I quickly unlocked my car, opening her door for her hastily. She glanced at me as she sat down in the passenger seat, letting her things drop into the floorboard, and I strode around to the drivers side.
My car wasn't anything special, just silver and four doored, but it had a good sound system and the paint wasn't chipped, not to mention it got me where I wanted to go, so I'd never had any complaints about it.
I turned the switch, and music immediately began blaring at an obnoxious level.
I turned it down quickly, grimacing.
This is why Ricky didn't get control of my radio.
"You like Chelsea Grin?"
I glanced over, and blinked, seeing the surprised expression on her face.
"You know who they are?" I said in surprise, and felt myself smile. "You talked to me."
She hesitated a moment, flushing again, and looked down, as if irritated with herself.
I chuckled, and glanced back, seeing Chris and the guys walk by; I'd warned them they were all gonna have to squeeze into Devins car, because I was taking no hitchhikers as I seduced Hannah; she was going to need my full attention.
Ricky sent me a cheeky grin as they walked to Devins car, and I quickly shot him a bird as I backed mine up, deciding I would run one of them over if they didn’t get out of the way, which Ryan didn't seem to mind, flailing around behind the bumper, waving his arms until Chris grabbed him by his backpack and drug him out of the way with a pissed off expression..
I want a woman to seduce, didnt they understand?
"You can pick the music if you want," I offered when the silence started to build awkwardly, and I motioned at my phone where it was plugged into the stereo.
I really didn’t want to sit here in silence the entire time.
Hannah hesitated, biting her lip, then gingerly lifted up my phone, no doubt intrigued about what kind of music I liked just like I was hers. I'd went through her playlists, but it had been hasty and I hadn't gotten a good luck at them.
I felt pleased when she picked the Ghost Inside, one of my favorite bands, and glanced at her as I turned down the road towards town, it just a few miles out. She was leaned back against her seat, my phone returned to its spot in the cup holder, and she was gazing out the window, her blonde and black hair slightly moving with the wind from my side where I never left the window up.
Now, what did I know about her that I could use to my advantage?
We liked similar music, which was an extreme plus; she liked books and... well, I could read, so there was that. I could help her with her homework until she thought I was some kind of genius wonder; her brother was a complete asshole and mean to her, so I could always be that heroic guy who came to her rescue...
I could work with all of that.
I could prove to her I was a genius, heroic, same-music-loving nerd.
But what if she didnt like nerds?
What if she had a type?
I felt my brows furrow as we got closer and closer to town, and my stomach twisted a little nervously.
What if I wasn't her type?
No, forget that, I was everyone's type.
No one could resist my charm.
I glanced over at her, seeing she was clenching her fingers in her lap, staring intently out the window like she was afraid to look at me.
I definitely had some work cut out for me, though.
After about twenty minutes we pulled up to the diner, and she gathered her things into her arms as I turned the car off. I hopped out and almost tripped I was hurrying to her side so quick to open the door; stupid floor mats.
She sent me an amused glance, a small smile growing on her lips, and I felt myself flush a little.
Act cool, not like an idiot, I told myself, following her to the diner door.
This place was old, looked like something out of the fifties, just falling apart. It had once been silver chrome, I guess, but now it was rusted, and the red had also seen better days.
Remind me why I had thought bringing her here would be a good idea? How could I make her like me in a place like this?
We stepped inside and quickly found a red, patched booth in the back that curved around the wall and had probably been here since the place was built. We piled the table with our school books, math papers and whatever hell I'd thought to grab at the last second covering a majority of the available space.
Hannah picked up one of the menus already on the table, barely glancing at the laminated thing.
A waitress popped up a few minutes later, middle-aged and chewing on a piece of gum like it would escape out of her mouth any second, her hair the size of Texas.
"What can I get you kids to drink?" The lady asked, and Hannah lifted the menu, pointing.
"One Dr. Pepper, and...?"
"Uh, coke." I couldn't stop staring at her jaw as it moved so quick I didn't see how she could talk; how had that gum not disintegrated?
"Alrighty, be right back with that." the waitress sighed, as if waiting on us literally pained us.
Hannah watched her go a second, then pulled her books out onto the table, curling her legs onto the booth and small enough where she could sit criss-cross. I chuckled, glad we were both sitting on the same side.
She opened her math book to the page we'd been working on earlier, the pencil marking the spot, and she pointed it at the problem she was still having difficulty with.
"Alright, well, do you want some brainfood before we get started?" I looked at her in amusement, propping my chin in my hand. "Before we run ourselves down?"
She shrugged, and I picked up a menu. "Pick something, I'm buying."
"I can pay for my own food," she mumbled, and I raised a brow at her.
"No way, I got this, I'm the one who invited you out."
"It's just to study, it's not a date, remember?" She mumbled, her eyes lingering on the fries.
"It doesn't have to be a date for me to be nice, Hannah."
She frowned at me, and the waitress appeared a second later with our drinks, setting straws down on the table. Hannah took hers quickly, opening the straw rapper and popping it in there before I had even reached for mine, she seemed so thirsty.
"You kids want something to eat?"
Hannah started to shake her head.
"An order of fries with extra ketchup," I spoke, handing her the menus.
"That be it?"
"Yeah, thanks."
"Okay, be back in a jiffy."
Hannah frowned at me again, and I chuckled.
"Don't make faces at me, we need something. Now, let's work on this before you decide you suddenly don't want to spend time with me okay?"
"It's not that I ---," she abruptly stopped herself, and then just shrugged, looking down hastily at her notebooks, her hair falling forward to shield her face from mine.
I sighed, wishing I could tuck it behind her ear without her freaking out.
She was so pretty, she didn’t need to hide all the time.
I gave it a few seconds, hoping she would just finish her sentence, but gave up when she made no move to speak again.
I leaned to look at her books, seeing the issue she was having.
It was the same one I'd had and the reason I'd flunked out so bad.
I quickly showed her what she was doing wrong, going through at least three of the problems with her step by step before our french fries showed up. I started to cover them with the ketchup, but Hannah looked horrified and jerked the bottle away from me, shaking her head.
She poured it into the corner, and I rolled my eyes.
What difference did it make if the ketchup was all over the fries or not?
We returned to her homework, and an hour later she was looking frustrated, clenching her pencil rather tightly in her small hand.
"It's okay," I told her quickly, not about to lose any bit of patience with her. The less she understand, the more time I got to spend with her, at least, though I was still working on getting more then a paragraph out of her the entire time we'd been together.
"Look," I tugged the pencil from her hand, leaning closer then was necessary as I outlined the steps in the corner again, making them even more detailed this time and not skipping any of the steps, no matter how simple. "You just have to remember to bring this number down and move this decimal over however many times you've multiplied by, okay?"
She frowned, and tried the problem again, her eyes constantly flicking to my notes at the top of her page.
"There you go," I told her brightly, seeing she'd finally come to the right answer after three different tries. "It wasn't that hard, was it?"
"It was awful," she muttered, reaching for the last of the fries and dipping it in the ketchup like a normal person; next time I was going to pour it all over the fries before she got a chance to stop me.
If there was a next time, of course.
Her phone suddenly rang, and she jumped before scrambling through her bag, fishing it out and answering It.
She listened for a few seconds, her shoulders slumping. I could hear a womans voice, so it was probably her mom or something checking on her.
"Okay." She said after a minute, and then sighed as she hung up.
"Everything okay?" I asked carefully, and she nodded, slipping her phone onto the table.
"Do you need to go home or something?"
She shook her head quickly, her eyes going back to the math.
Well.
"Ya'w want anything else?" The waitress asked, abruptly appearing again at our table, and we both looked up at her, then at each other. Hannah shook her head, and so did I.
"No thanks, just the check."
"Alrighty, here you go." The waitress dropped the bill on the table, and I nabbed it as Hannah reached for it, her reflexes a lot slower then mine.
"I can ---."
"I got it," I told her again, refusing to let her pay for it.
She sighed, letting it go, and began packing up her books.
"Are we done?" I asked in surprise, and she raised her brows at me.
"The waitress wants her table, that's why she brought the bill," she mumbled at me, slipping her books into her bag. "We can study somewhere else."
Sounded good to me.
We slid out of the booth, and I quickly paid the bill, Hannah patiently waiting on me a few feet away, gazing out the window. I glanced up as we exited, seeing some dark clouds.
"You wanna come back to my house or something? It looks like it's gonna rain."
Hannah stiffened slightly, then shook her head, pausing by her side of the car.
"Um, no," she looked down, and I hesitated, wondering what the issue was.
"We're not gonna be alone, if that's what you're worried about. I live with all the guys."
Her eyes flicked to my face.
"Yeah, cool, huh? Me, Devin, Ricky, Ryan and Chris all live together in my uncles house while he's off on a business trip. Adult free," I was kind of proud of that.
"In a haunted house."
"It's not haunted," I huffed, rolling my eyes. I climbedinto the car, and I swear she chuckled as she got in.
"So where you wanna go?" I asked, letting her pick the music again.
"It doesn’t matter."
"Well," I heard some more thunder, "what about your house?"
Hannah hesitated, biting her lip. "My parents are out of town for a few days, but my brother ---."
"Right, your brother might be there," I sighed, gazing at her lips, wishing I could be the one to bite them.
If only she would let me kiss her.
I turned my attention back to the situation at hand.
Getting ahead of myself wasnt going to help.
"Well, we can always go to the park under the gazebo," I offered. "At least then if it rains we're still covered."
She shrugged, so I took that as a yes and quickly took off for the park. It was between our houses, so it would be a short drive to drop her off at home and then go myself.
I parked, and then we started across the green grass to where the gazebo waited. Hannah plopped down in the middle of it, not even bothering to go to the benches, and started spreading all of her papers out.
Well, whatever worked for her.
I sat down beside her, and we started on her homework again, though I was really growing bored with looking at numbers.
She laid on her stomach, her legs in the air with her ankles crossed as she scribbled notes, and I gazed at her profile, letting my eyes run down her shoulders to her back.
Her shirt didn’t quite reach her jeans when she was laying like that, and her skin looked as lightly tanned as the rest of her, leading me to believe it wasn't that fake shit.
I tilted my head slightly, her skinny jeans doing her ass plenty of justice, and I bit my cheek, wondering what she would do if I tried to cop a feel.
Probably go Hulk and throw my car at me.
I chuckled slightly, and she glanced over at me.
I quickly looked down at the papers, pursing my lips.
"Ah, carry the decimal," I reminded her, and she sighed, throwing her pencil down before I even finished my sentence.
"Tired of numbers?" I asked, and she nodded, closing her math book with a very final sound.
Thank god.
I was so fucking bored.
"Well, watcha wanna do now?" I asked, nudging her shoulder with mine, extremely glad I'd remembered my deodorant this morning.
"I dunno," she mumbled, looking down at her black painted nails.
"Well," I said lightly, "I can think of a few things I'd like to do."
She raised her brows at me, and I grinned, leaning my shoulder against hers, seeing her eyes narrow warily.
Right, so kissing her was still out of the question.
"Do you ever think of anything else?" She mumbled, getting to her knees, and I grimaced, rising to mine as well.
She didn't understand.
I had a bet to win, and though I did feel kind of shitty for just wanting to sleep with her for that reason, it had to be done.
And she really needed some fun in her life.
It was a win win for both of us.
She wouldnt be a virgin anymore, I wouldn’t have to buy pizzas for two weeks --- I saw no way this could end badly for either of us.
Plus maybe hanging with me would get her out of her shell a little more, and then she could find a guy who really liked.
Because at this rate with her never talking to anyone, she wasn’t going to get anywhere in the dating department.
I was doing her a favor.
"Come on," I ordered, getting to my feet and offering my hand. She hesitated, getting to her feet without my help, and I quickly recoiled my hand, sighing internally.
Eventually, this had to get easier, right?
I walked over to where the swings waited, vacant of children thanks to the thunder in the distance, thank god. I plopped down on one of them, and she just stood at the gazebo, looking at me like I had lost my mind.
"Come on!" I called, patting the one beside me. "I bet you haven't been on a swing in years!"
She hesitated, then started hesitantly toward me, plopping down on the swing beside me, slowly moving her feet.
"Bet I can swing higher then you," I teased, and she rolled her eyes at me, but accepted the challenge, both of us pushing off and trying to beat the others.
Yeah, she won, I had issues with getting too high.
I chuckled, watching her lean back, her long hair flowing behind her and nearly sweeping through the sand beneath us.
She was so damn pretty.
"Give up?" She asked, smiling at me, and I shrugged, still swinging but not nearly as intensely as before.
"Wanna jump?" I challenged.
She bobbed her head, and on the count of three we both leapt out of the swings. She landed, staggering a few steps before falling to her knees, an actually giggle escaping her lips.
I landed hard, falling myself, "accidentally" knocking into her and falling over her, laughing.
Her eyes flashed up to mine as I leaned over her, my torso pressed against hers, a smile still playing on her lips before she realized I was touching her.
She stiffened immediately, bristling, and I sighed, staring down at her.
"Why do you do that?" I muttered, wondering what the issue was.
Why didn't she like people touching her so badly?
She looked away from me, her fingers pressing into my chest to make sure I didn’t get any closer to her, my dark hair falling on either side of my face.
"Hey," I said softly, and her eyes flicked back to my face, "I'm not gonna hurt you."
Her eyes left mine immediately, a deep flush overcoming her face, and I frowned.
Had someone hit her?
I knew her brother was kind of rough with her, trying to drag her around and shit, but was he literally abusive?
Was that why she didn't want to be touched so badly?
"C-can you, j-just get of-off?" She stammered after a moment, and I felt my brows furrow.
I didnt want too, I wanted to hold her there until she told me what was wrong, why she didn't like to be touched, who had hurt her so badly she literally feared any physical contact whatsoever.
Instead, I sighed, and I leaned down, pressing my lips softly against her cheek.
She would tell me eventually, because I wasn’t going to give up.
I got off immediately after that, and she rose up, sand clinging to her clothes, her face mottled red.
"Hannah ---."
"Take me home." She muttered, getting to her feet and swiping at her clothes, and I sighed, slowly rising to my feet.
She stalked back toward the gazebo, and I scowled, following her. I tried to help her gather her stuff, but she merely smacked my hands away, doing it herself.
Jeez.