‹ Prequel: Secrets
Status: Hi readers, thhis is my third story on mibba. It's already been written and might have a sequel

Secrets 2: SuperTeen

Leaving home

Alarm beeps [6:30 am]

[A hand shoots out from under the bed to switch it off. The owner of the hand groans and throws down her blanket to reveal a brunette with fair skin and blue eyes that change colour occasionally]

That's me and my name is Alexis Gibbs. Alex for short. Most people think that my full name is Alexandra for example, my history teacher but its not. It's Alexis like i said before.

My family and I have lived in our house my whole life. Actually it belonged to my great grandfather, who had decided to settle down here, and has been passed down for generations. It's not much, it's just a duplex in a quiet, boring street but it has a great view at the back of our house, when viewing from the roof. You would see lots of green. Green forests, grass, clear lakes, valleys, even mountains but that is so faraway. And now I have to leave home.

I'm the middle child. I have an older brother in college and an eight year old younger brother. I'm sixteen turning seventeen in three months. My parents, George and Miranda Gibbs are wonderful people who are so proud of me. At least they seem wonderfu now, but maybe that's because I'm leaving home today. Yeah, that must be it. I always knew i would leave home someday but looking back now, it just seemed so fast. Now I'm leaving a day school to a prep school like any other student like me.

I'm an average student with what looks like a normal life to some people. I'm pretty nice, a bit shy and sarcastic, and I try not to cause too much trouble. I have a few friends but we're not that close. What makes my life different is that I, like most of the students at my school have super powers.

My whole family have powers. We were born with it. And my school teaches people with such powers, how to control them and appear normal so as to not freak people out. It's like this; at the beginning, the infants are tested based on their power level through their cells. If they appear unstable, then when they're at the proper age to begin school or for some around age eight of nine, they go to the prep school and basically live there for close observation or in some cases, if they're orphans whether or not their cells are stable.

In my case, mine is pretty stable at least for now. Some of us are slower than the others. That's why I and my siblings got to attend day school but, now I need more training so, it is time for me to go to the prep school. It's compulsory. In my old school, the ordinary teachers were there to teach us how to live without relying on our powers because that's what most of us do including me. I'm guilty as charged. They are the few people who have accepted us and tried to learn our way. Not that we're being persecuted or anything, some people still get freaked out and there are still some places outside of our town that does not know of our existence or at least do not want to know.

So, now like I said earlier I'm leaving home today. Getting ready to start my new life. My dad is helping pack my bags into the booth of his car, while I'm getting ready to leave but my dog kept whinning. Oh my dog! I can't believe I forgot miss Tracy for a second there. She's a shepherd dog. Pearly cute. Anyway bye home, bye everyone, good bye everything I know.

Beginning a new life.