Status: Work In Progress

Unexpected

Chapter 2

Three Months Pregnant

~*~*~

I had a little bulge in my belly, not very big, it was slight. I looked bloated if anything. I passed it off as "stress eating". Luckily my friends believed me. I wasn't ready to tell them that I was pregnant. I couldn't deal with the rejection again. Michael has been taking a lot of heat over my pregnancy. It isn't fair, to him or to me. I try to take some of the blame, but I get dismissed. I don't get it! It take two to tango. It isn't all his fault.

I walked into his family run store and the bell sounded. His mother stepped from behind the mark in table. I waved and walked behind the table.

"How are you sweetie?" she asked, her thick long island, Italian accent seeping through. I smiled weakly and I shrugged.

"I could always be better, but I'm okay for now. Is Michael here?" I questioned trying to get the subject away from me. She nodded and pointed over her shoulder towards the back of the store. I thanked her and I walked back. Michael stood over a giant press, his curly air matted to his forehead. I was already next to him before he realized that I was standing there. He plucked the head phones from his ears and looked at me, his gaze send my heart into over drive.

"Hey, what are you doing here? It’s your day off." he spoke softly, I nodded in agreeance.

"I know, I just came to check on you. It that okay?" I spoke gazing back at him. His lips curled into a shy smile. He nodded then he took my hand and led me through a door, bringing us outside where we were alone and away from judgmental ears and eyes.

"I'm fine. Just working away." he spoke, avoiding eye contact with me. I wriggled my hand free from his and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"How are you really?" I inquired, trying not to let my hormonal temper get the best of me. Michael rolled his eyes at the tone in my voice and he ran his hands through his hair.

"Caelyn, I'm frustrated! Left and right I am getting blamed for what I did...no for what we did! I keep getting told what we’re doing is wrong! I'm tired of pretending I'm happy when I'm not! I'm irritated...better yet I'm fucking angry! I feel trapped!" he screamed at me his temper bubbling over. My temper completely vanished and my heart clenched. Tears pooled in my eyes and I bit down on my lip, tasting the irony blood, I licked it away.

"Cae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." he whispered to me when he saw my whole demeanor change. He stepped closer to be and I stepped back, turning on my heels and walking back into the building, and out the front door.

He feels trapped? No, I'm the one that's trapped! He has no idea what the fuck I go through! The guilt that I carry around every single day! I never meant for any of this to happen! I didn’t want any of this to happen!

I stormed into my house and up the stairs to my room. I collapsed onto my bed. I buried my face into my pillow and I sobbed. I sobbed for all of the trouble that I caused, I sobbed because my parents would no longer look let alone speak to me, and I sobbed because two people feel trapped into raising a baby together. I couldn't deal with the pain and I willed it to go away, that when I blacked out.

I had no idea how long I was out for, but when I came to it was eight o'clock at night. I went down stairs to make myself dinner. I decided to make cinnamon apple pancakes. As I was cutting my apple I heard a knock on the door. I set my knife down and I walked to the front door.

"Who is it?" I questioned...silence. I rolled my eyes as I undid the bolt lock and yanked the door open to see Michael standing before me, holding a box of pizza that read "I'm Sorry" made from pepperoni. I crossed my arms.

"What do you want Michael?" I snapped, he winced at the tone of my voice.

"I'm just checking on you..." he whispered, his eyes dropping to his feet. I stepped from in front of the door, opening it wider so that he could enter.

We walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. He played with his hair before he spoke.

"Cae, I am so sorry for what I said earlier. I was frustrated and I took it out on you. I don't feel trapped, I’m just scared. I'm terrified of this whole thing. I don't know how to react to it and I didn't mean to take it out on you and peanut." he whispered his apology to me as he reached for my hands. I pulled on hand back and spread my fingers across my baby bump.

Peanut?

"Thank you for the pizza, I was just about to make myself dinner before you got here." I spoke as I looked into his eyes. His face flushed red and he smiled at me.

"Where are your parents?" he inquired as he grabbed a slice of pizza. I shrugged as I got us cups of water.

"Who knows? Probably avoiding me...you know, as usual" I spoke as I handed him a cup. I spoke a little too soon, because my mother then walked into the kitchen shooting daggers at both Michael and I.

"What is he doing here?" she spat.

"He just came to say hi mom. He brought me dinner and we were just talking." I retorted, because I was sick of her bullshit.

"No! He needs to leave, now! Get out of my house Michael!" She screamed as she grabbed his arm yanking from his chair. I got between the both of them and my mother shoved me to the ground. I held my stomach and Michael yanked his arm free to help me to my feet.

"Cae, are you alright?" he questioned placing his hand on my tummy. I nodded and took a deep breath in.

"I'm fine, Mike just help me get my shit. I'm done living here!" I shouted as I pushed past my mother, as I darted up the stairs.

"Good! Cause we are sick of you living here anyway Caelyn!" my mother shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Her words tugged at my heart, but I held it together, she wasn't going to get the satisfaction of seeing me upset. I grabbed my suitcase and I emptied all the contents of my drawers and closet into it. Michael helped me zip it shut and he carried it down the stairs to his car.

"You will never see me or my child." I spat at her and she scoffed at me.

"I never wanted to see that bastard anyways." she threw back at me and I ran out of the house to Michael's car and he drove away. As we were driving I let everything go, the tears flowed from my eyes and I couldn't stop them. This was not how my pregnancy was supposed to go, everything was so fucked up and I couldn't take it anymore. That's when I felt a pain in my stomach, which caused me to gasp for air.

"Ow...Mike, something doesn't feel right. Take me to the hospital." I whispered through clenched teeth. He looked at me with worried eyes as he sped to the hospital.

~*~*~

It was a false alarm, but the doctor told me that I had to stop stressing if I wanted to have my baby. Mike drove us back to his place and he cleaned out a drawer for me to place some of my stuff in.

"Cae, I know this isn't how you pictured everything, but I am here and we will get through this together, all three of us. So please try not to stress, for the sake of peanut." he spoke as he pulled me over, kissing my forehead and then he bent down and kissed my little bump. My heart raced and I whispered okay.

After we both showered we climbed into his bed...which landed us here in this mess in the first place. We lay looking at each other and I have no idea what came over me, it may be the fact that he was basically my knight and shining armor tonight or the fact that my pregnancy hormones willed me to, but I leaned in and kissed him. I pulled as his curls and moved him closer to me, I yearned for Michael and much to my dismay he kissed me back just as urgently. After what seems like hours of us kissing he pulls back and he looks at me.

"Cae, I' not trapped...I want to be here with you and I want us to work and I want or baby to have as much love as we can give. Cae I love you." he whispered as he brushed the air from my face. I felt my breath get caught in my throat and my eyes well up with tears.

"I love you" I whispered back to him and I knew in that moment that we were trapped. We were trapped in this crazy maze of love and we didn’t know how to escape it...but I just hope that we would escape this madness together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter is up!

I hope you enjoy :)