Status: Completed Chapters

The Perks of a Happy Marriage and a Best Man Who Actually Knows What He´s Doing

Ashore

Countless, little waves softly rolled onto the soft sand, carrying little, chapped shells and tiny little stones along with salt-bleached twigs and seagulls’ feathers ashore.

Having them spill over the young couple’s feet as they slowly walked along the waterline, their fingers laced with each other´s and shoulders almost touching as they walked as close to each other as it was physically possible without pushing the other into the freezing cold water or the white-yellow sand.

“This is so freaking beautiful”, Ryan said in a soft voice as the two of them watched a couple of seagulls strut above the wet sand beneath their bare feet before they jumped into the air, pushing it down beneath their wings and swinging high into the sky, crying out as they did so and flew into the orange, red glow of the sinking sun.

“I told you, you´d love it”, the singer smiled, placing on hand on the elder´s waist and swirled him around on the smooth ground. Going on and faster until their surroundings were spinning like a wheel, balancing on the very tip toes of their feet and he pulled the lyricist down into the sand and in his lap.

Hugging him tightly to his chest while they waited for the world to stop spinning in their heads and resting his chin on his shoulder.

“Yeah, you did”, the guitar player agreed silently, voice almost overheard by the heavy waves that still slumped against the sand and touching their toes as he slowly turned his head up to gaze into the younger´s chocolate brown eyes, “this is the most amazing honeymoon ever. Although everybody probably says that about their personal honeymoons.”

“Everyone but you”, Brendon said softly, both of them going silent for a couple of seconds before they broke down laughing, the singer letting himself collapse into the humid sand, his husband slumping against his chest as the both of them laughed so hard, they had tears in their eyes.

“Y-you cannot just drop that like this”, the elder musician giggled into the crook of his love´s neck, “Especially with that lyrics.”

“Don´t worry; I do not think that a wedding ring´s just a thing that weighs you down and occupies your finger”, the younger boy sung the last part and Ryan rolled his eyes.

“Jon would beat the living shit out of you”, he then softly told the crook of the singer´s neck.

“Yeah, but Jon´s not here”, Brendon tightened his arms around the elder, his voice dropping creepily when he continued to talk into the soft brown streaks that were tousled by the cold breeze; “it´s just you and me.”

“Just the way I like it”, the lyricist tipped his head backwards again, the tip of his button nose brushing against his love´s chin as he did so, gazing up to him lovingly while he ignored the fact that the edges of his rolled up pants slowly but surely got wet by the spray of the rolling waves and the wetness of the sand.

“Isn´t that uncomfortable?”, he then asked silently when all he got as an answer was a roll of the younger´s eyes and they´d kept quiet for a couple of minutes, wiggling his toes in the sand and water while he was more or less lying on top of the other, with his feet and shins dangling into the sea water and had the singer´s arms ever so protectively placed around him, still holding him to his chest.

“A little sandy”, Brendon admitted, not even wanting to think about the way the sand grains were slowly but surely making their way into his clothes, everywhere where his clothing did not completely cover his skin, especially around the collar of his sweater.

“Duh”, his husband huffed gently, taking his turn in wrapping his own arms around the younger`s back and neck, rolling them over, so he was on his back with the singer on top of him, knees on either side of the guitar player´s long legs.

“You´ll never get that out of your hair, baby”, Brendon pointed out smiling as the elder musician let his head fall back into the soft surface of the ground and he snuggled more into him, weight mostly balanced on his knees to avoid crushing the tiny lyricist beneath him with his weight.

“You neither”, Ryan mumbled with his closed eyes, enjoying the last rays of sunlight of the second day of their honeymoon tickling and warming his pale skin. He was not even sure if you could count the first one as a whole day as all they had done was sleeping and other … bedroom related things and therefore had not left their room.

“I suppose, I could help you with yours…”, the singer trailed off in a soft voice, hugging Ryan a little tighter and pressed their lips together once more, pulling him to the right side once more so both of them laid on their sides, tightly wrapped around each other and with their limps knotted together.

“… and I suppose that I could return that favor…”, the guitar player whispered ever so softly, giggling quietly against his husband’s lips when he rolled them around again.

“That would be really great”, the singer agreed, cupping the back of Ryan´s head with one hand, feeling the grains of sand in his hair between his fingers and let his other hand run up and down his back, diving beneath the sabulous fabric of his baggy t-shirt, smearing more sand grains against the soft skin.

“This has to look so utterly ridiculous”, the elder musician eventually gasped softly into Brendon´s mouth, both of them lazily making out whilst cuddling and rolling around in the humid sand, their feet diving into the water from time to time and their lips never tearing apart.

“To whom?”, the singer finally pulled back the tiniest bit, allowing his love to look around them; the sun sat would have finished in no time, the air was undoubtingly colder than it had been four hours ago when they´d first set foot on the little, secret beach and there was no other person than the young couple on the whole beach, “there´s no one else, baby”

“Still”, Ryan mumbled with slightly pink cheeks, finally giving up his attempts of hiding his trembling in the cool breeze and with his toes now constantly dipped into the freezing cold sea water, “…and I´m cold”

“Why didn´t you say anything?”, the singer carefully sat back up, Ryan seated in his lap, rubbing his hand´s quickly up and down his bare arms in an attempt to warm him up.

“We should get back then, huh?”, he then asked softly, helping his love up, as good as he could with him still sitting, before he followed him, wrapping one arm around his waist ere they started their walk back to the hotel.

“Are you sure, they will let us in like that?”, Ryan asked silently when they finished their way, Brendon fumbling for their room card in the back pocket of his jeans before they went through the front door.

“Why wouldn´t they?”, the younger musician asked completely sincere as they walked through the big lobby and had countless puzzled looks glued to their steps.

“I dunno; it’s probably the most normal thing here to have a strange, completely sabulous, gay couple walk through their doors”, the guitar player silently mumbled to the side of the younger´s neck, face hidden in his hair when they finally stepped into the elevator – which they thankfully had for themselves – and went back to their room.

“O, I think so; Pete recommended this hotel to me so… I pretty sure, they´ve seen worse.”

“Probably”, Ryan nodded slowly, while he stalked over to their bathroom, “you commin`?”

“Always with you”, the singer chirmed, kicking the door – carefully as it wasn´t his own – following his love suit and snaked his arms around his hips, deliberately ignoring him rolling his honey-eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We´re never gonna do that again”, Ryan scowled, hearing his husband quietly chuckle behind him while he carefully run his fingers through the elder´s soft hair while his other hand was holding the shower head above his head, washing away the last grains of sand.

“I told you so”, the singer whispered softly, gently pressing his lips on the guitar player´s milk white shoulder blade, “but I think I got all of it out.”

“Finally”, Ryan sighed, cradling one hand through the dripping streaks while he leaned back against his love´s chest, resting his head on the singer´s shoulder, “thank you, baby”

“No problem”, Brendon slowly rubbed his hand above the elder musician´s stomach, spreading the fluffy white bathing foam further above the soft, wet skin, smiling softly when his love squeaked and giggled whilst wriggling around in between his legs, shaking his head, “S-stop!”

“You´re really too ticklish for your own good, Ry”, the younger chuckled but let his hands rest on those sharp, prominent hip bones.

“Do you think, I chose to be?”, the guitar player weakly hit his husband´s knee whilst making himself more comfortable sitting in between his legs and arms – thankfully, the bath tub they got in their bathroom was big enough to have the two of them comfortingly fit in together without one of them having not enough space.

“Dunno… to make up for your limited repertoire of emotions?”, the singer gently prodded his fingers against his love´s button nose.

“Hey!”, Ryan pouted, splashing some of the warm water surrounding them onto the younger who responded in lifting him around by his petite waist, placing him back in his lap but now with his legs wrapped around his hips, resting the palms of his hands on the elder musician´s hips, “if I was that unfeeling, why did you marry me?”

“Probably because I would not even care if you´d got a second head or a third arm or something else weird because I´m so fucking in love with you, you fool; it´s just real handy that you´re also drop dead gorgeous.”

“I love you too”, Ryan whispered softly lifting his hands up to pull his love´s face further towards his and nudged their foreheads together, fingers softly stroking the younger´s jowls as he did so, “and thank you.”

“Do you want to go out tonight? I`ve heard that there´s an awesome restaurant down the street”, Brendon eventually asked in a soft voice, cuddling his husband tightly to his chest, “and I wanna show off my sexy husband.”

“Ok; since I get to do the same”, Ryan grinned softly and pressed a gentle kiss on his love´s cheek.
“You bet you get to”, the singer grinned cheekily, hands slowly running up and down his husband´s back and sides while he leaned fully back, head resting against the brim of the tub.

“Mhm…”, the lyricist hummed softly, shifting around a little until he fully laid on top of the younger, the warm water reaching up to his sharp shoulder bones and snuggled more into Brendon´s chest, closing his eyes and nuzzling his button nose in the crook of the singer´s neck, “we still got time don´t we?”
“Tired?”

“Mhm Mhm…”, Ryan yawned softly and his love settled with one hand gently placed on the small of the elder musician´s back, the other resting in between his shoulder blades, slowly wandering up and down the smooth, pale skin beneath the water surface.

“We´ve got all the time in the world, baby”, Brendon pressed a gentle kiss into those still dripping, brown curls, holding the elder boy gently to his chest.

“You know…”, the guitar player silently trailed of, still cuddled up to his husband.

“Yeah?”

“I could stay like this forever…”

“O, me too”

“I highly doubt that, baby”, Ryan purred softly as he could already feel the younger musician´s fingers carefully drumming little patterns and rhythms into his back, whilst slowly wandering up and down.

“Ok, I could stay with a happy you forever, but that´s what matters anyway, right?”

“Probably… how long are we going to stay again?”

“As long as you want us to”

“You know, I´m gonna nail you down on that, don´t you?”

“Why do you think did we bring that much stuff here?”

“You´re perfect, have I ever told you that?”, the tiny lyricist finally lifted his head up to blink up into his love´s eyes, a little smile tugging the corners of his lips upwards.

“Only like seven times a day”, Brendon grinned back, the movements of his fingers finally dying down and eventually stilling.

“That doesn´t count”, the elder mumbled in a soft voice, crossing his arms on the singer´s chest and resting his head upon them.

“Of course it doesn´t”, indeed singer agreed silently, the fingers of his left hand gently running through his love´s wet streaks while Ryan yawned quietly, “and yes, you can sleep there.”

“Love you so, so much”, the guitar player muttered softly to his chest, Brendon´s arms once again safely wrapped around him, hands gently caressing the smooth skin.

“Love you too RyRy”, he then whispered back, pressing his lips to his husband´s forehead who was already dozing off in his gentle embrace, a soft smile still apparent on those soft pink lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it, comments are welcomed and thank you for reading!