Status: Completed Chapters

The Perks of a Happy Marriage and a Best Man Who Actually Knows What He´s Doing

Rambling

“Spencer, I don´t think this is a good idea, it definitely isn´t, it´s not too late to just leave is it? Of course it is but if we would really hurry up… no, Brendon would kill me – well he wouldn´t but Jon would and … but if we were really, really quick? I don´t think anyone would mind not having to sit through that as long as we´re still paying for the drinks and stuff do you think they would find us if we simply went out of the back door? And Bren could even rip of something like ‘at least they closed that goddamn door’ and what am I even thinking? It´s probably locked isn´t it? At least it should be cuz what would they do if someone would get in while we´re all at the ceremony but on the other hand if there was an emergency and stuff… there won´t be, will it? O god but-“, Ryan cut himself in, pale trembling finger´s fumbling on the silky black bow tie, untying it for the thousandth time since he´d first draped it around his neck to finally take a breath, his skin color almost matching the cream white fabric of his slim fitting dress shirt beneath the perfect fitting black suit while the drummer simply nodded along his rambling, not actually listening to him anymore since he´d already went on like this since they´d entered the room, “is this too much black? But he said he liked it when I told him what I was going to wear… Do you think it´s too dark? It is, isn´t it? But would there even be a chance to change it if it was?”

It still kind of amazed Spencer – who casually took his phone out of his pocket, typed a short message and hit sent before he put it back and continued to watch him - how his friend was able to get like a thousand words out of his lips in not even one minute; still maniacally stalking back and forth in front of the full sized mirror.

“Are you even listening? And – god, did you remember to bring the rings? No, wait, Dallon was supposed to do that, wasn´t he? That would be something new, to not even having the rings”, Ryan run his fingers through his bouncing brown curls although he knew that he was not supposed to, probably messing them up in the process, “I´m rambling again, aren´t I?”, he then quietly asked, eyes cast downwards to his shiny polished black shoes and Spencer chuckled softly.

“Totally.”

“´m sorry, Spence”

“I think that´s normal, Ry”, the younger musician rolled his eyes a little but nevertheless opened his arms for the guitar player to throw himself in, “I don´t think, Bren´s doing any better.”

“I dearly hope so”, Ryan muttered to his best mate´s shoulder, slumping down a little more to compensate the height difference.

“Spencer Smith, if you cause any wrinkles in that suit, I´m going to skin you myself and Ryan´s going to wear that for the ceremony”, a certain Dallon Weekes immediately scolded as he stepped through the door.

“I love you too, Dal”, the drummer chirped back but gently pulled his arms back to let his friend out.

“And YOU”, the bass player pointed his finger at the guitar player, “what´s so hard about not touching your goddamn hair?”

“I-I think Brendon needs you really bad right now”, Ryan said shyly, automatically stepping backwards a little.

“No he doesn´t and now sit. down.”

“Why did we choose you as first groomsman again?”, the groom asked silently, carefully sitting down on the edge of the hotel bed.

“Because I´m the only one of us who´s actually brought his wedding about him, hold still”, the bass player flashed him a smile while he crouched down in front of his band mate and fixed his neatly cut, soft brown streaks and tied his bow tie again, properly straightening it once he was finished and folded the collar back down.

“So, now you´re as pretty as possible”, he not so gracefully got back on his feet, extending his hand for the guitar player and pulled him up too “which means, no more fucking around, got it? At least not during the next half an hour”

“T-thanks…”, Ryan mumbled softly, while Spencer was already leaving the room, “´m really glad you´ve done all that. Bren´s too”

“O, shut up you two”, the bass player mad a batting gesture with his hand, “we should get going, don´tcha think?”

“Probably… can I ask you one last thing?”

“Of course”

“Do you think, we´re doing the right thing?”

“What should that mean?”, Dallon put his hands down on his friend´s shoulders, making sure the other looked him in the eyes, “I mean everyone who´s ever happened to be in a room with you two or who has listened to you bickering or being cheesy as fuck knows that the only mistake you could do would be not marrying. Because I can tell you, there´s nothing better than waking up next to your love every day and just knowing that that´s constant. You know? There´s really nothing better in this world.”

“Apart from having children”

“Well… yeah ok. But you talked with him about that, didn´t you?”

“Yeah…”

“And?”

“He says he wants too”

“You see? Everything’s settled, everything’s fine”, Dallon rearranged his arms to gently hug the lyricist; “let´s get you crazy kids married, yeah?”

“Yeah”, Ryan smiled softly and allowed the bass player to pull him with him.

And he was glad that the taller musician stayed at his side and kept his arm wrapped around his shoulders while they finished the short walk from his room over to the room where the ceremony was taking place and everybody else – including his going to be husband – were waiting.

“Hi, baby”, Brendon whispered softly when his fellow band mates finally approached him, Dallon stepping aside to Jon, Spencer and Zack while Ryan took his place beside him.

“Hey”, the guitar player breathed ever so softly, slowly closing his eyes as the younger slowly raised his hand and caressed his pale jowl with the palm of it.

“You´re so beautiful. Like seriously”, the singer gasped and his fiancé’s eyes popped open again while their marriage registrar stepped in front of them.

“You´re pretty stunning yourself”, Ryan smiled gently, blinking up to the other who flashed him a brilliant smile in return before the both of them turned towards the middle aged, a grey suit wearing man in front of them, their family and friends taking their seats behind them.

Who immediately, once everybody was silent and all gazes were glued to the o so soon to be married couple in front of them, started with his speech about love, finding your soulmate etc.

As Ryan was told later, indeed speech actually was pretty good and not too cliché and boring but neither he or his love could be bothered to actually listen to the guy in front of them while they constantly stole little, loving gazes at each other hands softly jutting towards the other´s until they finally, slowly laced their fingers together.

Before they uttered their vows in clear, soft voices turned to face each other and eyes locked together as they did so.

“- I love you so, so much and don´t even want to think about ever living without you ever again, RyRy and I swear to god if you´re going to cry now…”, Brendon whispered softly, as the elder was blinking rapidly, “you don´t have to wonder when I do too”, he mumbled in an actually already slightly hoarse voice, the people behind them chuckling quietly.

Ryan´s voice was almost too silent to hear when he finally said his “I do”, only seconds after the singer had already done so and they were finally allowed to kiss; Brendon gently wrapping his arms around his husband´s tiny waist, steadying him in his arms as he got to his very tip toes, hands placed on either side of the youngers and gently cupping it while they kissed before he got back down on his feet, lips never tearing apart and arms never unwrapping around one another.

“Hey, Ry?”, the younger asked silently when they finally pulled apart the tiniest bit, family and friends still able to be heard in the background but all the two of them were able to hear was each other´s soft gasps and pants for breaths, “yeah?”, those normally quiet pale cheeks were flushed the tiniest bit, big honey colored eyes shining so brightly.

“Do you remember what you didn´t want us to do?”, he silently asked, both of them still tightly clutching onto each other and still ignoring everything around them.

“Yes?”

“Would you mind it all that much-“

“Go on then”, Ryan said softly and his love grinned brilliantly, “as long as you don´t mess up my hair.”

“I love you so, so much.”, he flashed the guitar player the biggest toothy grin, “Hey, Pat!“, he then called as he carefully scooped one arm beneath the elder´s shoulders and the other beneath his legs, carefully lifting him up fully, “open that door, would ya?” and just dearly hopped that Patrick would actually do so before he turned and run, carrying the tiny musician - who still squeaked quietly and hid his face in the crook of his neck - in bridal style in his arms down the aisle, bursting through the front door.

Of course still pressing the elder as tight to his chest as he could, spinning around on the beautiful forecourt with the small but nevertheless breathtaking beach on sight, slowly slowing his twirl down whilst simultaneity letting the guitar player down until the two of them were, with their arms around each other´s back, swinging each other around; slower and slower until they stood in the middle of the forecourt, under the orange red light of the sundown and with their eyes straight locked together - they´d decided to drive out near Myrtle Beach to celebrate their wedding with the closest friends and family who then would travel back after the ceremony and party while the couple would stay for a couple of more weeks to spend their honeymoon at one of their most favorite places.

“You´re insane”, Ryan whispered softly, able to feel his husband’s hands through the fabric of his suit as they were gently rested on his hips and pulled him close; their friends and family slowly strolling out of the building – of course no real church but if you didn´t look too closely, you wouldn´t notice – and over to them.

“Don´t you tell me, you don´t love it baby”, the singer said ever so quietly, pecking the elder´s lips one last time ere they unwrapped their arms and simply laced their fingers again, awkwardly smiling at the cooing and – well actually that were just Dallon and Pete – whistling people around them.
“I still love you enough to endure this”, Ryan whispered the younger´s ear, gently squeezing his hand one last time ere they had to unlace their finger´s again as their family and friends were demanding their attention by hugging – in some cases high-fiving – and congratulating them to their marriage before they went back to the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooooo.... I´m pretty sure this last chapter sucks pretty bad so... if you actually got yourself to read all of it; Thank you so much for reading and comments are always welcome

Love, Yuki